The Franchise
dmize
Raptorgunner
Chad
Le Samourai
22 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:08 am

The title says it all, Olawokandi got baptised.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 22 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by dmize Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:18 am

The Franchise wrote:

The title says it all, Olawokandi got baptised.

Nasty. Michael Olowokandi, lol at the Clippers for that one.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:26 am

He could of been decent, had NICE post moves, good touch and great size.

Cant figure out why he sucked so bad but he did have a couple years where he looked like he might amount to something.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:33 am

Michael Olowokandi Had No Use for Kareem Abdul-Jabbar’s Advice

In an editorial piece for ESPN, Kareem takes the immortal Kandi Man to task for refusing to listen to him (and others) back in the day, and blames that sort of attitude for Olowokandi’s disappoiting career: “Many teams are spending too much money on marginal talent. Most of the owners would tell you they have no problem paying the star-caliber players at the present rates, but they object to the salaries of players on the roster who don’t contribute enough. So we can probably expect to see the owners push for some form of a hard salary cap that will make it possible for the various franchises to lose some of the deadwood collecting big money as they ride the bench. This problem, too, is not really the players’ fault. The league has taken in a huge influx of unproven talent by drafting and signing very young players. In the old days, college was a great place for players to mature and learn the game. Now, with an entry age of 19, we see too many pampered, immature and uncoachable players coming into the NBA. I believe this has hurt both the pro game and the college game. The colleges are losing their best players to the pros, and the NBA has to keep these players on the bench while they (hopefully) develop the basketball IQ and maturity to play at the NBA level. However, that development doesn’t always happen; there are way too many washouts. I have seen this process firsthand. When I coached for the Clippers, I had to deal with Michael Olowokandi, a player who perfectly fit the description ‘talented but uncoachable.’ At practice, I would attempt to point out Mr. Olowokandi’s faults to him, ones he constantly repeated and resulted in lost possessions for the team or personal fouls that sent him to the bench. His reaction to my attempts to correct his bad habits was to take my input as a personal insult and embarrassment. He told me point-blank that he would not be criticized in front of the team. He stuck to his word and, as a result, had very few successful moments on the court playing the way he wanted to play. He took his place on the list of athletically gifted washouts who have been in and out of the league in the past 10 years.”

Okay, that explains it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:46 am

What a clown. It's Kareem, ffs.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:47 am

I'm liking what KG has been doing lately, if he has that long 2 available to him, or the option for the 3, he's taking the 3. And so far he's hit them.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 am

’ At practice, I would attempt to point out Mr. Olowokandi’s faults to him, ones he constantly repeated and resulted in lost possessions for the team or personal fouls that sent him to the bench. His reaction to my attempts to correct his bad habits was to take my input as a personal insult and embarrassment. He told me point-blank that he would not be criticized in front of the team

:facepalm:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 pm

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2012/02/03/20120203_top10.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Laughing : this commentator.

Paul George had a great game yesterday BTW....I think i mentioned him earlier, great defender , clean shooter, great athlete.

30 pts ,9 rebounds 5 assists on 11-19 7-11 from 3. 5 steals.

Chicago should pursue him TBH, him and Rose in the backcourt would be lethal on both ends for a looooonnnnnggg time, Minesota as well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 am

Indy are very high on him and rightly so, would take more than Chi and Minny have to offer to get him.

Some random thought.

Chi are actually in a strange position. They are doing really well and are going in a good direction with peices that fit very well. They have one flaw, which is Rose is their only real guy who can make for himself consistently. Everyone else struggles to get off without the attention he draws. So like against Bron who can slow him, what can the Bulls offer offfensively..the answer was not much.

Therefore, do they or do they not make a move? And if yes, how big a move?

Some say get a JR Smith who can create for himself..but his selfish, boneheaded play has no place in a team which is so in sync and on the same page. Too high a risk for too little a reward.

Then you have Dwight Howard, him with this team would for me, become favourites. That is unless they have to get rid of too much to get him. Also, this season it would somewhat of a gamble in terms of getting him up to speed with the rest of the bunch.

The problem is what can you get him for, what do you give up and how can you come out looking as complete as before?

Stay with me on this and correct me if needed but

Say the trade is Deng, Gibson and Boozer for Dwight and Turk

Howard/Asik
Noah/Scal
Turk/Korver
Brewer/RIP
Rose/Lucas

If its Deng, Noah and Gibson for Dwight and Turk.

Howard/Asik
Boozer/Scal
Turk/Korver
Brewer/RIP
Rose/Lucas

I dont like either compared to now, Noah has no range and neither does Howard. Defensively it would be excellent in terms of protecting the rim but the key would be one very crowed place on offence. Also, who the heck is supposed to gaurd Bron? Turk and Korver lol

The second is so weak at the 4 it hurts my eyes, Bosh might go for 30 and 15 and Lebron will foul Dwight out getting to the rim so easily.

I just done see how it gets done, would have to involve a 3rd team.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 am

Indy would give up Granger before they gave up PG. Not to mention he'd be much more effective(and is naturally) a 3, he's only playing the 2 because of Granger.

If you like Paul George's game, look out for Perry Jones in the draft. Really similar players, both 6'10/6'11, I think PJIII is probably more athletic but a worse shooter.

Edit: ^^Why would Orlando do that 1st trade? Boozer has an awful contract, Deng is good but not a centerpiece. Second one seems more realistic.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:56 am

Since I'm sure it's gunna get talked about the next few days... Thoughts on the Kevin Love stomp on Luis Scola's face? Intentional or not?

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:19 am

Dwight,J Rich, Turk, for Asik, Deng, Noah and Gibson seems realistic enough.

Getting Dwight won't strengthen them imediately, but eventually they'll get better players, come one the'll have Rose and Howard, free agents will gravitate towards them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony Parker lit up Westbrook last night

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy Lin is playing PG for the Nicks ie things are pretty bad lol.....had a good game tho.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:29 pm

dmize wrote:Indy would give up Granger before they gave up PG. Not to mention he'd be much more effective(and is naturally) a 3, he's only playing the 2 because of Granger.

If you like Paul George's game, look out for Perry Jones in the draft. Really similar players, both 6'10/6'11, I think PJIII is probably more athletic but a worse shooter.

Edit: ^^Why would Orlando do that 1st trade? Boozer has an awful contract, Deng is good but not a centerpiece. Second one seems more realistic.

I dont think any of them are that realistic, but the Magic are running out of time and options.

Dwight has limited their options pretty severely and soon will come the time where they ship him out or see if he bolts or not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Dwight,J Rich, Turk, for Asik, Deng, Noah and Gibson seems realistic enough.

Dwight, Boozer and no back ups will get them bounced from the playoffs.

Deng their only defender of small forwards, Korver is useless, Brewer is needed for 2's, Turk might be worse than Korver and J Rich is average and no big enough.

Hate it if im the Bulls.

I dont think that Love step was on purpose either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Maybe....although Dwight will probably play 44 mins a game(When not in foul trouble).

It not a short term trade for the bulls.

Do you really see them beating the Heat with the current squad.Lebron has Rose on absolute lock and no one else can create for themself.They're living in hope that someone else eliminates Miami right now.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Maybe....although Dwight will probably play 44 mins a game(When not in foul trouble).

It not a short term trade for the bulls.

Do you really see them beating the Heat with the current squad.Lebron has Rose on absolute lock and no one else can create for themself.They're living in hope that someone else eliminates Miami right now.

Howard is 100% certain to get in foul trouble with Turk and Boozer flanking him.

No, they cant beat the HEAT currently constructed for me. But what is the point adding Howard and losing what your asking? I get that you think they can get some F.A, but they arent alone in that battle and there is nothing suggested they will pick the Bulls over some of the other teams.

The Bulls need a post up scorer, if they get that I think they are about ready.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Who can they get lol....Z Bo is set at Memphis,they can go beg Utah for Millsap or Harrington or maybe they can get Pau(bad contract BTW) or who?

I don't see many realistic options there.

What's worst is that they'll probably have to give up Noah for one of those guys...which to me just isn't worth it.

If they can get someone for Boozer fine.....but I dount they can get someone better than Boozer....for Boozer in return.

A realistic option I can see is Lamar next year.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:23 am

Le Samourai wrote:Who can they get lol....Z Bo is set at Memphis,they can go beg Utah for Millsap or Harrington or maybe they can get Pau(bad contract BTW) or who?

I don't see many realistic options there.

What's worst is that they'll probably have to give up Noah for one of those guys...which to me just isn't worth it.

If they can get someone for Boozer fine.....but I dount they can get someone better than Boozer....for Boozer in return.

A realistic option I can see is Lamar next year.

I dont know who they can get, I just point out their flaw lol

I would forget Harrington, no good in the post. The others are too difficult. Perhaps Al Jefferson, but I am not sure what they would have to give up. Odom isnt a post up scorer either, but at least he can create.

Yes, giving up Noah would hurt but Asik can really ball and if the guy they get can play some 5 and the guy they get is actually very talented it might be worth it.

They arent going to get someone better than Boozer for Boozer no, but throw him in with Noah for something great and they could be on to something.

For me, this Chi team is playing above their head right now and did that last season too. I tip my hat to them, they get alot of what they have but the really need big man who can score. Boozer has not to my surprise been a dissapointment. He was supposed to be 20 and 10 with post scoring..instead he is a jump shooting 14 and 8. He meant to be the number 2 guy but instead he is a role player who they dont even play in crunch time.

BTW here is what Love has to say about the incident.

Asked about it after the game, Love said the contact was unintentional. "He fell down after the play. He was kind of right there," Love said. "I've got Size 19 feet. He just happened to be there. I had nowhere to go. I got kind of tripped up." Saturday's incident wasn't the first of this nature between Love and Scola. In fact, the two players had another awkward situation just five days earlier. As Scola attempted to keep the ball inbounds along the baseline during Monday's game in Houston, he threw the ball off an unsuspecting Love. The ball hit Love below the belt and he crumpled to the court in obvious pain. "It was just a heat of the moment-type play," Love said. "He was right there. (Tonight) happened to be his face, just like in Houston where it happened to be my groin." A Timberwolves official said Love apologized to Scola in the Rockets' locker room after the game. When asked about the incident, Scola had more beef with the lack of a foul call that resulted in him ending up on the floor. Love created the turnover when he stripped Scola of the ball with a solid swat that dislodged the ball and knocked Scola to the floor. The Rockets' bench was charged with a technical foul shortly after the play. Scola also picked up a technical later in the third quarter. "I'm more angry about the foul that they didn't call before," Scola said. "I thought it was a clear foul." Neither Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman nor Rockets coach Kevin McHale said he saw Love step on Scola's face. Scola said he couldn't tell if Love intentionally stepped on Scola's face. "If it was intentional, they didn't call it," Scola said. "At this point, I don't care." Said Love: "I've always had a large amount of respect for Luis. I'm sure he didn't take it personally. It obviously was nothing personal towards their team. They have a lot of great players. They're well-coached. It was nothing personal." Love finished Saturday's win with a game-high 25 points and 18 rebounds. If he is hit with a suspension from the league, the Wolves will be without their team's leading scorer. He's averaging 25.0 points and 13.5 rebounds per game. Follow Tyler Mason on Twitter.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:56 am

KG drilled a 3 in his 3rd consecutive game. First time since 2002 he's done that.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:49 am

Man I wish for Stephen Curry to move to a team where he has a main role. I've come to realization that as long as he plays next to Ellis, he will never be the main guy, and Warriors won't be a playoff team with both of them. He'll be perfect at Minnesota IMO. If Ridnour starts and takes around 13-15 shots a game for them, Curry will fit right in. He's best at catching and shooting, and with Rubio he'll get plenty of open looks. I think trading Beasley for Curry would be the best thing for both teams and players involved.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:43 am

@The Franchise, just watched that Kevin Love video and needless to say (but I'll say it anyone,) I've lost much respect for him. Also, that explanation seemed like pure nonsense and I would have preferred if he just came out and admitted he lost his cool; it looks to me like he knows what he's about to do and he takes more of a stomp as opposed to a step :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:25 am

Messiakanino wrote:Man I wish for Stephen Curry to move to a team where he has a main role. I've come to realization that as long as he plays next to Ellis, he will never be the main guy, and Warriors won't be a playoff team with both of them. He'll be perfect at Minnesota IMO. If Ridnour starts and takes around 13-15 shots a game for them, Curry will fit right in. He's best at catching and shooting, and with Rubio he'll get plenty of open looks. I think trading Beasley for Curry would be the best thing for both teams and players involved.

I think Golden State would hang up the phone the moment you said Beasley lol

You can get alot more for Curry than that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:28 am

THC 10 wrote:@The Franchise, just watched that Kevin Love video and needless to say (but I'll say it anyone,) I've lost much respect for him. Also, that explanation seemed like pure nonsense and I would have preferred if he just came out and admitted he lost his cool; it looks to me like he knows what he's about to do and he takes more of a stomp as opposed to a step :facepalm:

The more I watch it, the more purposeful it looks I have to say. When I first saw it, I didnt think it was on purpose..now im thinking maybe it was intentional. My indecision says alot.

There isnt the first time he done something like this unfortanately.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 pm

No way would I give up deng he's a work horse and great defender. We need a consistent shooting guard with defence and we can beat the heat! Lebron is an overrated quiter who can't finish in the 4th. They are beatable!
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:13 pm

I dont think the 2 position is a problem, Brewer is a very strong defensive player and Hamilton can run off screens and hit the midrange.

Post scoring for me is what you need, in the playoffs its so important to get high % baskets.

If you have a big man, you can throw it to him and let him make moves and draw attention, it saves Roses legs for later on.

Lebron did a great job on him, but I have no doubt part of that was Rose has to do so much he didnt have the legs to do everything he wanted.

If he drives at Bron and then pulls up, Bron wont be able to defend that, but you need the legs to drive and commit him, the legs to stop on a dime and then most importantly the legs to rise up and hit the mid range.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Beasley is an amazing talent....for me at least....I'd keep him.

Curry is a great player....but I'd prefer a Tony Allen type player.........if you get 3pt shooting if possible as well.

To be clear I don't want Tony Allen lol....just someone who can be a desgnated perimeter defender......someone like Thabo or Tony.

If they can get someone more versatile like PG or someone else it'd be great.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next