Vibe
EarlyPrototype
huntsman
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Messi vs Henry  - Page 2 Empty Re: Messi vs Henry

Post by Valkyrja Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 am

That skill at 3:24 is considered one of the best in the history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iXOMPo7cEI

Only Maradona was capable of that ?

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:45 am

every player uses his physical gifts..so why r some people holding messi's low centre of gravity as if he has cheated?i mean the the same physical traits disable him to have a great header..every type of physique has its own advantages and disadvantages..

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:15 am

zece wrote:That skill at 3:24 is considered one of the best in the history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iXOMPo7cEI

Only Maradona was capable of that ?
you know that ronaldo was not that type player. he had some long dribblings but he was not at same level with messi and maradona at long dribblings. r9 has one famous long dribbling goal, in that video he actually gets past 2 players. but it seems more players at first glance. in messi's famous getafe goal he gets past 5 players and GK. messi has ton of moments when he dribbles 4-5 players. r9 was amazing dribbler but his style worked against 1-2 players (like most tricky players). theres explanation for this but maybe later

ok i'm explaining now. difference is that to dribble next player R9 needs to stop and then get past him and run again. But Messi doesnt need to stop or reduce his speed to get past next players. he gets past everyone while running at full speed, as many people said he can change directions at full speed

r9 himself said that he never seen a player who runs with the ball like messi

this is thanks to messi's gravity. but why most of short players can not do it like messi? because messi has very great technique, you can not see it but his runs require so big technique to touch the ball at every step at every direction change.
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:15 am

One example you can see in this video how messi changes direction while running. starting from 0:05 he runs around nesta without reducing his speed. he doesnt kick the ball to his left and run after it, he goes left with the ball at his feet with little touches and without reducing his speed. this is impossible or i never seen any player who changes direction or runs like this. theres not even 2cm distance between his foot and the ball when he changes his direction while running

And never stopping makes messi's dribblings way more effective. stopping or reducing speed helps other defenders to reach the player or take their positions. but if you dont stop while dribbling you can tear defences apart. and messi never stops while dribbling so his dribblings are way more effective than any player. some examples of messi's non-stop dribblings

[youtube]
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by mcmanus Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:01 am

Henry is better

mcmanus
mcmanus
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:18 am

Basically everyone knows Messi's the better Dribbler. But when they say that he Passes like Xavi? :facepalm:

Messi wins this IMO. Though I would prefer someone like Henry over Messi.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:11 am

Lord Hispano wrote:Basically everyone knows Messi's the better Dribbler. But when they say that he Passes like Xavi? :facepalm:

Henry has better finishing, shots, is faster, and he is a LEADER. Messi is of course the better dribbler. The only player I saw who dribbles better than Messi is R9.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ijomer Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:03 am

Gladiator wrote:Messi is the better player. Someone's trolling, or it's just another deluded thread where the content is not apparent.

ya guys don't u remember messi nutmegging the entire mancheseter united squad in UCL finals last year? cmonn even fergie got megged.
ijomer
ijomer
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:57 pm

zece wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Basically everyone knows Messi's the better Dribbler. But when they say that he Passes like Xavi? :facepalm:

Henry has better finishing, shots, is faster, and he is a LEADER. Messi is of course the better dribbler. The only player I saw who dribbles better than Messi is R9.
I posted messi's dribbling but i'm not going to post his finishing, goals or passing. because arguing with a CR fanboy will take me no where
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum