Rank the best at turns, hesitations and fakes. - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Rank the best at turns, hesitations and fakes.

+13
Hamdyman
Harmonica
CBarca
billionmillion
alexjanosik
kiranr
BarrileteCosmico
billy_gr
Rebaño Sagrado
Albiceleste
the xcx
FennecFox7
The Franchise
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rank the best at turns, hesitations and fakes. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank the best at turns, hesitations and fakes.

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks Dani.

I swear that was called the Xavi turn. Or at least that's what it's called in my household.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Rank the best at turns, hesitations and fakes. - Page 2 Empty Re: Rank the best at turns, hesitations and fakes.

Post by Hamdyman Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:07 am

Messi no doubt, he kind of "brought it to a new dimension" Xavi does it perfectly, but i think Messi has added pure speed along side those turns and fakes, not to mention his incredible unpredictability for the "new move", its a scary combination...
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:04 pm

Where do you guys rank Fabregas regarding turns? I remember when he was at Arsenal, he was fantastic at just turning around and making the attack look dangerous in a dime.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:57 am

I think some of the taller dribblers are absolute masters at hesitations and fakes. They arent blessed with a size and body that allows them to weave through players to they build up a different arsenal.

For some reason, Joaquim comes to mind, a younger Joaquim of course. He was my favorite winger back then, he was virtually impossible to handle on 1v1 because of his feints and fakes. Figo comes to mind as well, slowpoke, but he had some nasty hesitations that would send u in the wrong direction at all time.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Been away for a while, but a great thread here.

I was a little confused as to what exactly we were arguing about though. There are those things where you can't really go further than Messi... because he's surely the greatest of all time at it just about. I mean... look at this.

That is what my initial understanding of what a 'feint' or a 'fake' is. Messi's drop of the shoulder, his trademark move, is unparalleled. Its just unplayable, he will beat anyone with it. His quick cutting of the ball or 'lane-change' with the outside of the left is also what makes him Messi.

However, just from watching the initial video, my understanding of what we're discussing is more the turns shown in the Iniesta video, the pelopinas Xavi is famous for and that Busquets is learning. Tbh, Messi rarely uses such moves. Mainly because he creates space a little differently and normally faces his opponents head on. Why? Because he can. Man is a freak.

At the turns we speak of though. I'd take Xavi. After watching that Iniesta video, I'm reminded of how brilliant some of Don Andres' moves are, but Xavi uses them so often and to great effect. I think Iniesta pulls out the more mesmerising moves at times, but Xavi is always doing these little moves to keep control.

Xavi, then Andres, then I'm not sure how I compare Sergio and Messi, because they're so different. Any idiot could say Messi... but Messi doesn't really do such moves too often.

I'm really happy you're discussing this, because I've been using these moves really often lately. My friends hate it. Its all about understanding where your opponent is, where your body is and where the ball is. The opponent can't get to the ball if your body is in the way. They'd have to foul you. That is the beauty of las pelopinas and also Busquets' use of his body. Despite his criticism for going down easily, Busquets earns his fouls with skill and hard work. Shielding the ball with your body is extremely effective, and when you add to that some nice fakes and turn-outs of the shield, it is a killer move.

I'm quite tall which is useful, but you can do it with any height (see Xavi). My favourite move recently that I did myself was in the corner, turning to shield the ball from the defender, doing a scoop-turn through his legs and then running on to goal to make an assist. Very satisfying, and extra satisfying that I learnt it from my hero.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:20 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:Been away for a while, but a great thread here.

I was a little confused as to what exactly we were arguing about though. There are those things where you can't really go further than Messi... because he's surely the greatest of all time at it just about. I mean... look at this.

That is what my initial understanding of what a 'feint' or a 'fake' is. Messi's drop of the shoulder, his trademark move, is unparalleled. Its just unplayable, he will beat anyone with it. His quick cutting of the ball or 'lane-change' with the outside of the left is also what makes him Messi.

However, just from watching the initial video, my understanding of what we're discussing is more the turns shown in the Iniesta video, the pelopinas Xavi is famous for and that Busquets is learning. Tbh, Messi rarely uses such moves. Mainly because he creates space a little differently and normally faces his opponents head on. Why? Because he can. Man is a freak.

At the turns we speak of though. I'd take Xavi. After watching that Iniesta video, I'm reminded of how brilliant some of Don Andres' moves are, but Xavi uses them so often and to great effect. I think Iniesta pulls out the more mesmerising moves at times, but Xavi is always doing these little moves to keep control.

Xavi, then Andres, then I'm not sure how I compare Sergio and Messi, because they're so different. Any idiot could say Messi... but Messi doesn't really do such moves too often.

I'm really happy you're discussing this, because I've been using these moves really often lately. My friends hate it. Its all about understanding where your opponent is, where your body is and where the ball is. The opponent can't get to the ball if your body is in the way. They'd have to foul you. That is the beauty of las pelopinas and also Busquets' use of his body. Despite his criticism for going down easily, Busquets earns his fouls with skill and hard work. Shielding the ball with your body is extremely effective, and when you add to that some nice fakes and turn-outs of the shield, it is a killer move.

I'm quite tall which is useful, but you can do it with any height (see Xavi). My favourite move recently that I did myself was in the corner, turning to shield the ball from the defender, doing a scoop-turn through his legs and then running on to goal to make an assist. Very satisfying, and extra satisfying that I learnt it from my hero.

That trick where he beats Nani,he has used before.
Used it to skin that thug Ramos in the 5-0 Clasico.It was then that the thug tried to break his leg.
I dont think I have seen anyone else do it.Might have but cant recall anyone else.
Its sort of a standing Laudrup dribble.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:31 pm

The Nani one was brutal. Fake and then burned Nani with his acceleration.

The Ramos one was far more elegant. It was like as though he slid across Ramos' body like water. Beautiful!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:38 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:Been away for a while, but a great thread here.

That trick where he beats Nani,he has used before.
Used it to skin that thug Ramos in the 5-0 Clasico.It was then that the thug tried to break his leg.
I dont think I have seen anyone else do it.Might have but cant recall anyone else.
Its sort of a standing Laudrup dribble.
Also against Scholes in 0708 CL.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:09 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I personally have Iniesta winning this with Xavi just coming in second.

I very much agree.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Indeed. I prefer Xavi´s one overall though, because when you use your right foot the defender automatically thinks your going in that direction. Even if just for a split second, the naturally reaction is your going in the direction of the foot you use. So when he actually turns the other direction it buys him that split moment.

Messi of course has acceleration and a low center of gravity, so when he turns out, he is already reaching a speed while the opponant is still reacting.

Brilliant point dani about why using the inside of the foot to turn can be more effective than using the outside.

About the low center of gravity, David Silva is one player who I think is one of the best at using this after Messi of course. I don't think he is technically as gifted as Iniesta or Xavi but using this low center of gravity he is able to do more with the ball in tight situations than for instance Fabregas can.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2