leemhuis
che
zizzle
lewey-drughi
9 posters

Go down

Guus Hiddink... the big club avoider Empty Guus Hiddink... the big club avoider

Post by lewey-drughi Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 am

I am an aussie who watches both the epl and serie a, being english and italian backround. Anyway apart from Chelsea, why hasn't hiddink coached any major nations or clubs in europe?. Ask anyone from Australia and they talk about Hiddink with the highest respect surely he is 1 of the best coaches in world football. So I beg the question why hasn't he coached a milan? a england? a barca squad?( a temp job at chelsea doesn't count) and where would you put Hiddink in terms of rankings for the best coach in the world currently and during his time in charge of national and club teams.... Does anybody care about this mysterious and talented man
lewey-drughi
lewey-drughi
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Guus Hiddink... the big club avoider Empty Re: Guus Hiddink... the big club avoider

Post by zizzle Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:03 am

i rated him very highly before his failure with turkey, but i still think he's a good coach. we'll have a better idea once he coaches a bigger side but it seems like he doesnt want that kind of a job
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Guus Hiddink... the big club avoider Empty Re: Guus Hiddink... the big club avoider

Post by che Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:16 am

it's because hiddink is the most overrated coach in the history of ever and most big clubs are aware of that i imagine
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:25 am

che wrote:it's because hiddink is the most overrated coach in the history of ever and most big clubs are aware of that i imagine

actually chelsea wanted him to stay but he refused. Inter were also interested as the repports claimed but didnt want to leave turkey,

edit:but yea, i dont imagine any big club knocking on his door anytime soon

Last edited by zizzle on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:26 am; edited 2 times in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:25 am

hence *most* big clubs

reading comprehension :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by lewey-drughi Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:44 am

lol at che so you don't think getting south korea to the semi final of a world cup is a good achievement? even though I admit it was fixed for them to progress lol he did well with chelsea and at psv he took them to the q/f's or sf's of the cl with an average team he neally beat the great milan side.. is that the record of a overated manager? I don't think so personally
lewey-drughi
lewey-drughi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 pm

i lol at che so you don't think getting south korea to the semi final of a world cup is a good achievement?

He is a Dutchman but I can get Tajikistan national team to semifinal with the referees that South Korea had pay off to win.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:29 pm

he hasnt exactly "not" coached big teams. had a stint at rm, coached the dutch national team, russian national team, chelsea, psv.

i rate him very very highly top 6 for me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm

deezydeez wrote:he hasnt exactly "not" coached big teams. had a stint at rm, coached the dutch national team, russian national team, chelsea, psv.

Who are the the top 6?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:35 pm

che wrote:it's because hiddink is the most overrated coach in the history of ever and most big clubs are aware of that i imagine

This.

You speak plain truth very well.

Anyone else disagrees with me I'll gladly explain why this man simply an average manager.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:50 pm

huntsman wrote:
deezydeez wrote:he hasnt exactly "not" coached big teams. had a stint at rm, coached the dutch national team, russian national team, chelsea, psv.

Who are the the top 6?

saf mou wenger pep low then guus

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:56 pm

deezydeez wrote:
huntsman wrote:

Who are the the top 6?

saf mou wenger pep low then guus

you rate saf higher than mou?
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:11 pm

and here i thought that madrid was a big club Sad
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

This.

You speak plain truth very well.

Anyone else disagrees with me I'll gladly explain why this man simply an average manager.

ill bite. so why is guus an "average" manager?

@huntsman- yes i do rate saf higher than mou.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Perhaps he should be praised for avoiding the big clubs. He may just want a job where he can steer free of an intense pressure, which is advisable in a sense.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum