FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 pm

I can't believe some of the things am reading here

who the f**k cares whether its allowed in Uruguay or hell, racism has no place in the world and you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting such f**kery...

elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:1) He called Evra a "negrito" and claimed he was doing it in a friendly manner, regarding the fact that he and Evra are not friends.

2) He continued to rile up Evra, knowing full well that Evra was getting irritated. Yet he continued to do it. That doesn't sound like someone "who didn't know the word is offensive in Europe"

3) He has been in Europe, surrounded by many black players, so I don't understand how he doesn't know that that word would be offensive to many people.

Conclusion: Well done the FA for stamping down on a serious issue such as this and setting a precedent towards others. Racism should not be tolerated in football.

When Ferguson said typical Germans he was being dicriminatory.

He continued to rile up Evra? Really? How? by playing football?

Negrito in official spanish mean's little black.

In what world is that racist....................when somebody calls you a "little white boy" is that racist.

Seriously is that racist?

Becuase it's the same concept.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
azzurres wrote:nice outcome, now let's see if the FA will have the balls to do the same with Terry

They better ban Terry too!

Mind your own business. Thumbs up

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:35 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:1) He called Evra a "negrito" and claimed he was doing it in a friendly manner, regarding the fact that he and Evra are not friends.

2) He continued to rile up Evra, knowing full well that Evra was getting irritated. Yet he continued to do it. That doesn't sound like someone "who didn't know the word is offensive in Europe"

3) He has been in Europe, surrounded by many black players, so I don't understand how he doesn't know that that word would be offensive to many people.

Conclusion: Well done the FA for stamping down on a serious issue such as this and setting a precedent towards others. Racism should not be tolerated in football.

Racist or not he called him a name. So what! When did 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' stop being relevant. There are no words that can describe how little I would care if somebody called me a 'honky' or a 'cracka'. They are words and words don't hurt!

I can't believe what I'm reading here^^ To insult someone because of their colour has no place in football, or any other profession.

Well obviously it's not right to do it. The fact remains it was just a name, and if you are hurt by a name then god help you if something actually hurtful happens to you. We should be cracking down on acts of racial violence, that is a real problem. How can a fully grown man start crying and complaining because someone called him a name? It's pathetic, do they not teach the sticks and stones phrase in France?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:36 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
aford92 wrote:

Racist or not he called him a name. So what! When did 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me' stop being relevant. There are no words that can describe how little I would care if somebody called me a 'honky' or a 'cracka'. They are words and words don't hurt!

I can't believe what I'm reading here^^ To insult someone because of their colour has no place in football, or any other profession.

It's a word commonly used in South America. Hell, recently Pacheco said something with the word on Twitter. I'm not going to argue about this though. I hope Liverpool take this to the courts.

It doesn't give him the right to enforce it in another culture or another player, who clearly didn't like it. It's like me pinching someone again and again, when clearly that person I'm doing it to is not liking it. Oh but it's cool, since in my culture, it's fine to do that.

He has been in Europe for like 4 years now, surely he knew that type of word would not be tolerated against some people.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 pm

Yea because Anderson is a master of english after his half a decade here.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:37 pm

aford92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
aford92 wrote:

Well obviously it's not right to do it. The fact remains it was just a name, and if you are hurt by a name then god help you if something actually hurtful happens to you. We should be cracking down on acts of racial violence, that is a real problem. How can a fully grown man start crying and complaining because someone called him a name? It's pathetic, do they not teach the sticks and stones phrase in France?

are you f**king kidding me? a racist name should not hurt people?

I can't believe we have mods on this forum with such people like u around....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:38 pm

elmystique wrote:I can't believe some of the things am reading here

who the f**k cares whether its allowed in Uruguay or hell, racism has no place in the world and you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting such f**kery...

Hey, before coming in with your 1000th post on racism. Kindly follow the WHOLE ordeal before making a post with what seems was produced from tourettes syndrome
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Good god you United fans really are a pitiful bunch :facepalm:

Really...?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:39 pm

elmystique wrote:
aford92 wrote:

so left to people like you, racism should be allowed to go on since verbal racism is just a use of words....

fool of a took...

No, we should be focussing on stopping racial violence, not verbal racism. Verbal racism shouldn't even be a problem because people shouldn't be hurt by words. They are just noise, can noise hurt you? No. Frankly anybody who is hurt by words is a tit.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
elmystique wrote:I can't believe some of the things am reading here

Hey, before coming in with your 1000th post on racism. Kindly follow the WHOLE ordeal before making a post with what seems was produced from tourettes syndrome

the fact that you support Liverpool and your crucial player is getting banned for racism shouldn't blind you from the truth, its like Germans supporting Hitler's deeds, yes that's how nasty you seem if you support Suarez...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 pm

aford92 wrote:
elmystique wrote:
aford92 wrote:

so left to people like you, racism should be allowed to go on since verbal racism is just a use of words....

fool of a took...

No, we should be focussing on stopping racial violence, not verbal racism. Verbal racism shouldn't even be a problem because people shouldn't be hurt by words. They are just noise, can noise hurt you? No. Frankly anybody who is hurt by words is a tit.

:facepalm:
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 pm

elmystique wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
aford92 wrote:

No, words should not hurt. What physical harm do words cause? None.

And such people like me? You mean people that have realised that words and names don't hurt and have stopped being so over-sensitive.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 pm

You know what? Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'.

:lol!:

What's he complaining about then?

BTW like Milano brought up in the chat, how is it that Fergie got away with the 'typical Germans' comment? Isn't that racist? What if I said 'typical blacks'? Isn't that racist?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:43 pm

in Spanish-speaking countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay where there are few people of African origin and appearance, negro (negra for females) is commonly used to refer to partners, close friends
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:44 pm

aford92 wrote:
elmystique wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
aford92 wrote:

No, words should not hurt. What physical harm do words cause? None.

And such people like me? You mean people that have realised that words and names don't hurt and have stopped being so over-sensitive.

how old are you sire?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:45 pm

english_jewel wrote:You know what? Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'.

BTW like Milano brought up in the chat, how is it that Fergie got away with the 'typical Germans' comment? Isn't that racist? What if I said 'typical blacks'? Isn't that racist?

As far as I'm awar, Germans are not a race. Nothing would be made about it if he said typical English, or French. Nowhere near as bad as racism.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:45 pm

elmystique wrote:
:facepalm:

Facepalm all you like. The fact remains that he only called him a name, it's not like he caused him physical harm.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

elmystique wrote:
how old are you sire?

19, however I'm not sure why my age is relevant.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Seems Suarez would have been better off denying it altogether and relying on the lack of evidence.
Not really sure how I feel about this.

Wont be good for Liverpool that's for sure. Have they resolved the Fulham incident as well?

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
in Spanish-speaking countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay where there are few people of African origin and appearance, negro (negra for females) is commonly used to refer to partners, close friends

if you failed to notice, Suarez plays in Europe where there are black people, and the word negro is an offensive one,

learn to learn the difference,

if killing is allowed in your country, doesn't mean you can do it somewhere else,

when in Rome...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
english_jewel wrote:You know what? Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'.

As far as I'm awar, Germans are not a race. Nothing would be made about it if he said typical English, or French. Nowhere near as bad as racism.

True it's not exactly racism, but it is discrimination against a particular group no? That's just as bad as racism, the only difference is that it doesn't involve a race.

Last edited by english_jewel on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:47 pm

NOONE INSULTS THE MIGHTY MANCHESTER UNITED!!!

laughable...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:47 pm

We are all racist...

Everytime we call someone black...we are racist.

During the American Civil Rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, some African-American leaders in the United States, notably Malcolm X, objected to the word, preferring Black,[3] because they associated the word Negro with the long history of slavery, segregation, and discrimination that treated African Americans as second class citizens, or worse

Negro in Spanish = black.

He was simply following the instructions of MLK adapted to his own native tounge.

Even if he meant malice.....there is absolutely no way a jury could objectively decide to punish him since reasonalble doubt exists.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Liverpool Statement

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next