FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 5 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 am

Sepi wrote:Club and Suarez still denies making any kind of racist remark.

Who is saying that it's admitted ?

It's one man's word against another, and FA has, obviously gone for the United player.

LFC is going to war looking at our statement, and I am proud of the club, to fight back.

I hope Kim Jong Il nuked the FA before dying.

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 5 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 am

if Terry doesnt get the same, I will be pissed
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:45 am

aford92 wrote:No I don't know how those kids feel because I am not them. But I can tell you if it were me I wouldn't care that somebody called me a name, at all, ever. And the words themselves do not hurt, it's the way you react to them that could make them hurtful. Also just to clarify, I live in the second most multi-cultural city in England, I have been called racist names before, by all kinds of ethnicities and not a single of them hurt me in any way because they are just words and words cause me know harm.

You are an absolute buffoon.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 am

Nirgal wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:Americans...............

Elmystique......have you ever been to a basketball game?

you know that white guy who's trying out for the team?

When they call him "white boy" is that racist?

I do not support any form of racism,

and yes if I was at such a game, I'd condemn the black people who did it, it is racist...

thing is, black people are almost always the ones at the beating end of racism....

Such a beggars belief........Indians Chinese ...any form of South Asian suffer from much more blatant racism that blacks.

And it is not racist,

I have been called that by friends

by teammates

by coaches

by opposing coaches

by fans.

It means nothing.

That's true, I get called "negrito" all the time. My dad and mom do it, My girlfriend does it, my friends do it. Business owners i don't know do it. It's just like "dude" or "pal", "fellow".

It's not related to race either. I have light skin and am of solely european descent, but that's not what the word is about. In argentina and uruguay it's also common to call people "loco" (crazy) "Boludo" (big balls) "flaco" skinny and nobody thinks of them as insults either. They are just ways of calling people.

is the EPL played in South America?

enlighten me, I must have lost my senses...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 am

elmystique wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

and yes if I was at such a game, I'd condemn the black people who did it, it is racist...

thing is, black people are almost always the ones at the beating end of racism....

Such a beggars belief........Indians Chinese ...any form of South Asian suffer from much more blatant racism that blacks.

And it is not racist,

by teammates

by coaches

by opposing coaches

by fans.

It means nothing.

I don't care about being called by my race by my friends when I know they mean no harm....

but when you march around the pitch and deliberately scream "negrito" at someone, surely you don't expect the person to think its for fun....

Especially if the person you are doing it to is not a friend or an aquaintance of yours.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:46 am

elmystique wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

And it is not racist,

by teammates

by coaches

by opposing coaches

by fans.

It means nothing.

I don't care about being called by my race by my friends when I know they mean no harm....

but when you march around the pitch and deliberately scream "negrito" at someone, surely you don't expect the person to think its for fun....

calling someone negrito and calling someone little whit boy is the same thing.

It's meant to be offnsive.......it's meant to be prejudicial........in no way does it imply the inferiority of any race.........ie not racist.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 am

elmystique wrote:so racism has levels and degrees now? :facepalm:
Dude, GTFO with your signature and avatar, I can't read through the topic without getting held at your posts. LOL
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:48 am

Seppuku wrote:
aford92 wrote:No I don't know how those kids feel because I am not them. But I can tell you if it were me I wouldn't care that somebody called me a name, at all, ever. And the words themselves do not hurt, it's the way you react to them that could make them hurtful. Also just to clarify, I live in the second most multi-cultural city in England, I have been called racist names before, by all kinds of ethnicities and not a single of them hurt me in any way because they are just words and words cause me know harm.

I'm a buffoon because I am not hurt if someone calls me a name and I cannot understand why other people are hurt when somebody calls them a name?
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:48 am

elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

And it is not racist,

by teammates

by coaches

by opposing coaches

by fans.

It means nothing.

That's true, I get called "negrito" all the time. My dad and mom do it, My girlfriend does it, my friends do it. Business owners i don't know do it. It's just like "dude" or "pal", "fellow".

It's not related to race either. I have light skin and am of solely european descent, but that's not what the word is about. In argentina and uruguay it's also common to call people "loco" (crazy) "Boludo" (big balls) "flaco" skinny and nobody thinks of them as insults either. They are just ways of calling people.

No, but that doesn't make every foreign player automatically aware of English verbal rules.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 am

Sepi wrote:
Sepi wrote:Club and Suarez still denies making any kind of racist remark.

Who is saying that it's admitted ?

It's one man's word against another, and FA has, obviously gone for the United player.

LFC is going to war looking at our statement, and I am proud of the club, to fight back.

I hope Kim Jong Il nuked the FA before dying.

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 am

Seppuku wrote:

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

couldn't have thought about anything better, you summed it up for me...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:50 am

Nirgal wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

And it is not racist,

by teammates

by coaches

by opposing coaches

by fans.

It means nothing.

No, but that doesn't make every foreign player automatically aware of English verbal rules.
\

Especially one who's been there less than a year
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:50 am

Devil is red and ICS. u will not insult each other anymore after this post. I hope that is clear

Talk about this thread, thats fine. But keep the personal insults away please
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:50 am

english verbal rules????

i am sure the whole world knows that that word is prejudical

never watched malcom x in your life
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:51 am

Aensensen wrote:
elmystique wrote:so racism has levels and degrees now? :facepalm:
Dude, GTFO with your signature and avatar, I can't read through the topic without getting held at your posts. LOL

like I give a sh*t...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 am

aford92 wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

I'm a buffoon because I am not hurt if someone calls me a name and I cannot understand why other people are hurt when somebody calls them a name?

How ignorant are you dude, seriously I'm a mixed nationality too born and bred in England called names too it doesn't hurt me either but to say you can't understand it is pretty lame.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 am

he was kidding lol

you didnt catch it??
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:52 am

RealGunner wrote:Devil is red and ICS. u will not insult each other anymore after this post. I hope that is clear

Talk about this thread, thats fine. But keep the personal insults away please

OK.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:53 am

halamadrid2 wrote:english verbal rules????

The same way most of the world is aware the word 'fag' shouldn't be used, yet it is so common.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:53 am

:bow:

I can't believe how some people think...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:54 am

No, I haven't and i can guaratee you that 90% of people outside of the developed world have no idea who that Malcom X is.

You don't know most of the cultural rules in other countries so why should you assume people in those countries know yours?
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 am

Ade wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

How ignorant are you dude, seriously I'm a mixed nationality too born and bred in England called names too it doesn't hurt me either but to say you can't understand it is pretty lame.

It's not ignorant at all. I just don't see why people are hurt when somebody calls them a name. What actually happens when someone calls you a name? Nothing. No harm befalls you.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 am

Nirgal wrote:

No, I haven't and i can guaratee you that 90% of people outside of the developed world have no idea who that Malcom X is.

You don't know most of the cultural rules in other countries so why should you assume people in those countries know yours?

ever thought about the term "work ethics"? especially "foreign work ethics"?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:55 am

elmystique wrote:

:bow:

I can't believe how some people think...

During the American Civil Rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, some African-American leaders in the United States, notably Malcolm X, objected to the word, preferring Black,[3] because they associated the word Negro with the long history of slavery, segregation, and discrimination that treated African Americans as second class citizens, or worse

Spanish: Negro
English: Black

What is so difficult to understand about this.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:56 am

@nirgal then sorry to say(no offense)

somebody is in serious need of proper education

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:56 am

poolsupporter wrote:

The same way most of the world is aware the word 'fag' shouldn't be used, yet it is so common.

that would only apply if in some other country the world "fag" meant "dude" or "mate"

Look I'm not defending racism. or any other kind of discrimination, nor do I think people are oversensitive to the topic. I just want to clear up, that that word is not racist in the cultural zone of the player that used it. So the possibility exists that he wasn't being racist while using it.

Last edited by Nirgal on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next