FennecFox7
Potential
TheRedStag
justdoit_
Arquitecto
91 posters

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 pm

poolsupporter wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:english verbal rules????

i am sure the whole world knows that that word is prejudical

never watched malcom x in your life

The same way most of the world is aware the word 'fag' shouldn't be used, yet it is so common.

that would only apply if in some other country the world "fag" meant "dude" or "mate"

Look I'm not defending racism. or any other kind of discrimination, nor do I think people are oversensitive to the topic. I just want to clear up, that that word is not racist in the cultural zone of the player that used it. So the possibility exists that he wasn't being racist while using it.

Last edited by Nirgal on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games - Page 6 Empty Re: Luis Suarez Banned for 8 Premier League Games

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 pm

aford92 wrote:
Ade wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Seppuku wrote:
aford92 wrote:No I don't know how those kids feel because I am not them. But I can tell you if it were me I wouldn't care that somebody called me a name, at all, ever. And the words themselves do not hurt, it's the way you react to them that could make them hurtful. Also just to clarify, I live in the second most multi-cultural city in England, I have been called racist names before, by all kinds of ethnicities and not a single of them hurt me in any way because they are just words and words cause me know harm.

You are an absolute buffoon.

I'm a buffoon because I am not hurt if someone calls me a name and I cannot understand why other people are hurt when somebody calls them a name?

How ignorant are you dude, seriously I'm a mixed nationality too born and bred in England called names too it doesn't hurt me either but to say you can't understand it is pretty lame.

It's not ignorant at all. I just don't see why people are hurt when somebody calls them a name. What actually happens when someone calls you a name? Nothing. No harm befalls you.

this thread has really enlightened me about the thinking nature of many posters...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 pm

So....

Where's the evidence that Suarez was being racist?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 pm

english_jewel wrote:So....

Where's the evidence that Suarez was being racist?
hmm

It dosen't exist bro.

Sorry.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 pm

lol i am waiting for it as well, if they dont hand it out they better give terry an eight match ban as well
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

:bow:

I can't believe how some people think...

During the American Civil Rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, some African-American leaders in the United States, notably Malcolm X, objected to the word, preferring Black,[3] because they associated the word Negro with the long history of slavery, segregation, and discrimination that treated African Americans as second class citizens, or worse

Spanish: Negro
English: Black

What is so difficult to understand about this.

in Country X killing is a common nature of the people.

Mr. X got a job in England and killed a colleague worker.

Mr. X got charged with a death sentence for murder,

but how is Mr. X wrong for what he did since in his cultural zone, killing is legit.?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 pm

elmystique wrote:
Aensensen wrote:
elmystique wrote:so racism has levels and degrees now? :facepalm:
Dude, GTFO with your signature and avatar, I can't read through the topic without getting held at your posts. LOL

like I give a sh*t...

that was a compliment...
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:30 pm

can we all just stop fighting and fvcking agree on the point

the FA are using Suarez as en example that racism would not be tolerated

jeez
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:30 pm

elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:

No, I haven't and i can guaratee you that 90% of people outside of the developed world have no idea who that Malcom X is.

You don't know most of the cultural rules in other countries so why should you assume people in those countries know yours?

ever thought about the term "work ethics"? especially "foreign work ethics"?

I'm sure to be able to enforce "foreign work ethics" you must be previously informed about what you shouldn't do or say.

i don't see new players to the EPL recieving instruction about how previously harmless word no longer are harmless there.

look to put things in to perspective. Thumbs up is a very offensive sign in other countries. If you were to go to any of those country and make that sign would you feel it's fair that people get angry with you.
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:30 pm

elmystique wrote:

but how is Mr. X wrong for what he did since in his cultural zone, killing is legit.?

letter of law and verbal culture are completely different things...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:31 pm

bunch of sissies on this thread.

Go, live in Israel, China, Japan or Eastern Europe.

Calling names isnt smth you should get punishment that hard, maybe a talk, but not 8 match ban ffs
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Aensensen wrote:
Dude, GTFO with your signature and avatar, I can't read through the topic without getting held at your posts. LOL

like I give a sh*t...

that was a compliment...

oh, the heated nature of the thread must have blinded me,

my apologies Aensensen...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

elmystique wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

During the American Civil Rights movement of the 1950s and 1960s, some African-American leaders in the United States, notably Malcolm X, objected to the word, preferring Black,[3] because they associated the word Negro with the long history of slavery, segregation, and discrimination that treated African Americans as second class citizens, or worse

Dude......it's their language.

If you told a danish person "Clam" , an they took it to mean "*bleep* ugly" which it does in Danish BTW......should you be considered racist.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:he was kidding lol

you didnt catch it??
LoL, obviously not.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:bunch of sissies on this thread.

Go, live in Israel, China, Japan or Eastern Europe.

Calling names isnt smth you should get punishment that hard, maybe a talk, but not 8 match ban ffs

are there actual rules in those countries???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 pm

I truly expected better responses from everyone here who is for the ban.

Really....Quite disappointing.

I'll give my thoughts in due time until then, ICS, Josh, Che, PS, Sep and the rest.

Job well done.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 pm

elmystique wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Aensensen wrote:

like I give a sh*t...

that was a compliment...

LOL, no problem man eco smile

I'm on your side drinking

Last edited by Aensensen on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:34 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

If you told a danish person "Clam" , an they took it to mean "*bleep* ugly" which it does in Danish BTW......should you be considered racist.

errm, what has that got to do with their race
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Nirgal wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Nirgal wrote:

No, I haven't and i can guaratee you that 90% of people outside of the developed world have no idea who that Malcom X is.

You don't know most of the cultural rules in other countries so why should you assume people in those countries know yours?

ever thought about the term "work ethics"? especially "foreign work ethics"?

I'm sure to be able to enforce "foreign work ethics" you must be previously informed about what you shouldn't do or say.

i don't see new players to the EPL recieving instruction about how previously harmless word no longer are harmless there.

look to put things in to perspective. Thumbs up is a very offensive sign in other countries. If you were to go to any of those country and make that sign would you feel it's fair that people get angry with you.

before I go to another country, I would educate myself on the do's and don'ts so yes if I did it, it would pass out as offensive and I would be prepared for whatever punishment came with it...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:35 pm

@milan I dont really think anyone here is really qualified to say what kind of punishiment he should recieve really but 8 games is pretty harsh and I respect your opinion

Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgal Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:36 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I truly expected better responses from everyone here who is for the ban.

I'll give my thoughts in due time until then, ICS, Josh, Che, PS, Sep and the rest.

Job well done.

If you ever lived in Argentina or Uruguay you'd know that "negrito" is a common nickname and not a racist slur. People here expect everyone to know english speaking countries culture, but would not make a single try to understand others'
Nirgal
Nirgal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:36 pm

elmystique wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Ade wrote:
aford92 wrote:
Seppuku wrote:
aford92 wrote:No I don't know how those kids feel because I am not them. But I can tell you if it were me I wouldn't care that somebody called me a name, at all, ever. And the words themselves do not hurt, it's the way you react to them that could make them hurtful. Also just to clarify, I live in the second most multi-cultural city in England, I have been called racist names before, by all kinds of ethnicities and not a single of them hurt me in any way because they are just words and words cause me know harm.

You are an absolute buffoon.

I'm a buffoon because I am not hurt if someone calls me a name and I cannot understand why other people are hurt when somebody calls them a name?

How ignorant are you dude, seriously I'm a mixed nationality too born and bred in England called names too it doesn't hurt me either but to say you can't understand it is pretty lame.

It's not ignorant at all. I just don't see why people are hurt when somebody calls them a name. What actually happens when someone calls you a name? Nothing. No harm befalls you.

this thread has really enlightened me about the thinking nature of many posters...

Lol, you think less of me because I don't find words offensive and can't understand why some people do. At no point did I condone racism.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:37 pm

Aensensen wrote:
elmystique wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
elmystique wrote:
Aensensen wrote:

like I give a sh*t...

that was a compliment...

LOL, no problem man eco smile

I'm on your side drinking

Thumbs up Thumbs up
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:37 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:
ragbirjosh wrote:
elmystique wrote:

errm, what has that got to do with their race

Is it offensive or is it a misunderstanding?

It really has nothing to do with race but once you admit the smaller more significant principle of how some things get lost in cultural tansition your argument is over.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aunshi Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:38 pm

I'm sure this thread would be entirely reversed if a United player had called a Liverpool player 'Negro'

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Deathrow898 Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:38 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I truly expected better responses from everyone here who is for the ban.

Job well done.

I have to say I did to..but there are always those that go against your expectation Rolling Eyes
Deathrow898
Deathrow898
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

https://www.youtube.com/user/Deathrow999?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next