Has anyone been better than Messi aged 19-24?

+21
Gil
M99
la bestia negra
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
zarola
rsinatra
Internal
Harmonica
LeSwagg James
Albiceleste
Sir Psycho
kiranr
Lord Awesome
white_star
Rebaño Sagrado
jibers
Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
Sushi Master
BarrileteCosmico
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has anyone been better than Messi aged 19-24? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone been better than Messi aged 19-24?

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:21 pm

jiopsi wrote:Karl-Heinz Rummenigge - "Nobody was so wonderful at 19 years, neither Pele nor Maradona."
Carlos Bianchi - Barcelona's Lionel Messi is better than Diego Maradona and Pele

"A few days ago I did a talk for a business and a Brazilian asked me in the middle of the conference who I considered the best footballer in history, Maradona or Pele. I answered that, with all due respect to those two, right now I see Messi as superior to everyone,"

"There have been excellent footballers that weren't able to play in great national teams to prove their class. Moving on from everything that has happened or will happen when he puts on the Argentina jersey, Messi confirms every week that he is capable of doing things that nobody else has managed in the history of football."

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Has anyone been better than Messi aged 19-24? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone been better than Messi aged 19-24?

Post by Albiceleste Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:24 pm

jiopsi wrote:
jiopsi wrote:Karl-Heinz Rummenigge - "Nobody was so wonderful at 19 years, neither Pele nor Maradona."
Carlos Bianchi - Barcelona's Lionel Messi is better than Diego Maradona and Pele

"A few days ago I did a talk for a business and a Brazilian asked me in the middle of the conference who I considered the best footballer in history, Maradona or Pele. I answered that, with all due respect to those two, right now I see Messi as superior to everyone,"

"There have been excellent footballers that weren't able to play in great national teams to prove their class. Moving on from everything that has happened or will happen when he puts on the Argentina jersey, Messi confirms every week that he is capable of doing things that nobody else has managed in the history of football."
Fcks sake why can't this man be coach of the NT and not sabella Mad Crying or Very sad

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:33 pm

jiopsi wrote:

Where does this beggars belief that Pele only performed for Brazil come from?

By the age of 24 Pele had scored more than 400 official goals for Santos........I would think consistent weekly performances would be necessary to achieve something like that.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:42 pm

wilshere @ 19

Ronaldo @ 19

Pele was running the show @ 17
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:47 pm

aleumdance wrote: wilshere @ 19

Ronaldo @ 19

Pele was running the show @ 17

Wilshere? Rofl

That almost killed me.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Its not possible to top Messi, and I think he is pretty much as good as it is humanly possible to become as an attacker. Passing, speed, shooting, body balance, stamina, mentality. What more can you ask for?
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cheesy Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm

It could be argued that Pele was, considering he was the best player for a Brazil World Cup winning side in 1957, when he was only 17 years of age.

cheesy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Wilshire did boss Xaviesta at 19 hmm
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:02 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Wilshire did boss Xaviesta at 19 hmm

Just stop it. Wilshere was and will never be in messis league.

Ronaldinho
[On receiving the Ballon d’Or in 2006] “This award says I’m the best player in the world, but I’m not even the best player at Barcelona.”
“Leo Messi reminds me more of Maradona, both left-footed and short, Messi is the best player in the world, along with Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. For us it is not a surprise. Since he began to come and train with us and we knew we would go down this path. Someday I will explain that I was at the birth of one of the footballing greats: Leo Messi."

Guess how old Messi was?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 pm

^Lol I'm kidding man.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 pm

cheesy wrote:It could be argued that Pele was, considering he was the best player for a Brazil World Cup winning side in 1957, when he was only 17 years of age.
It was surely an achievement, but football in the 50s could almost be considered semi-professional...

That being said I can give Pele the benefit of the doubt, I've only seen his highlights. The fact that there are no real contenders besides Pele says quite a lot in itself.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rsinatra Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
cheesy wrote:It could be argued that Pele was, considering he was the best player for a Brazil World Cup winning side in 1957, when he was only 17 years of age.
It was surely an achievement, but football in the 50s could almost be considered semi-professional...

That being said I can give Pele the benefit of the doubt, I've only seen his highlights. The fact that there are no real contenders besides Pele says quite a lot in itself.

That is an excuse, a way you are creating to say Messi is top. You can't compare that time to how football it is nowadays, but it was the way it was, and Pelé shone. I've watched the full 1970 matches at WC and he was pretty awesome. But even if you haven't watched it, history is there to tell us that he was doing pretty awesome at 17..

And to whoever said Pelé only performed for Brazil: go kill yourself. Pelé is a Santos legend, he won many titles with us, including the two most important ones: the intercontinental cups.
rsinatra
rsinatra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2