johniet
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Luca
inderbaby
DeviAngel
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’  - Page 2 Empty Re: ‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:38 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:End of story?

Who was Lichsitener back when he was 23 years old? Isla is already the best in Serie A and yet has a far way to go in his career to become better, while in comparison to Lich who is much older than him, is not even compared. So please Lynx, let's not say nonesense.

You are basically saying this;

"Ronaldo is not good enough! Sell him and buy Messi!"

You arent happy with arguably the second best RB in the league? pale

The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’  - Page 2 Empty Re: ‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’

Post by Lynx100 Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:49 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:End of story?

Who was Lichsitener back when he was 23 years old? Isla is already the best in Serie A and yet has a far way to go in his career to become better, while in comparison to Lich who is much older than him, is not even compared. So please Lynx, let's not say nonesense.

Who cares whos 23 or whos 28 or 43 or 55 even - thats all completely irrelevant to todays situation. The reasoning is null.

The point is - Lich > Isla RIGHT NOW. Dont care if Lich is currently 36. If he continues as hes doing, Ill pick him happily over Isla.

In 5 years, yeah Isla will probably be better than Lich if he lives up to his potential. And then I will come back and say Isla > Lich.

Nonsense? dont forget you place kid. Pipe down and have some respect.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:09 am

nothing to say CSS? seems strange that youre short on words...
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Lynx100 wrote:nothing to say CSS? seems strange that youre short on words...

If you didn't notice, I didn't post yesterday as I was working in Trapani, being a Sunday.

Nothing to say? Is that so... very odd indeed as Isla has been Serie A's top RB in the last two seasons. Oh wait, where's Lichsitener? Dear lord, he's not named the best in Serie A... I wonder why.

Lets refer to stats shall we.

First off the offensive stats.

Isla currently has 3 goals and 1 assist.
Lichstiener has 1 goal and 1 assist.

Right there goes to show that Lich's production up and down the flank lacks offensively, even with Juve being in such great form, not since 1949 have we seen this type of Juve being still unbeaten.

Isla currently was one Man of the Match and yet Lichstiener, not one game.

Now for your defensive stats.

Isla
Interceptions: 1.8 per game
fouls: 0.6 per game
Dribbled by other team players: 0.4 per game
Blocked shots: 0.2 per game

Overall Defensive Rating: 7.11

Lichstiener:

Interceptions: 1.1 per game
Fouls: 1.4 per game
Dribbled by other team players: 0.9 per game
Blocked Shots: 2.0 per game

Overall Defensive Rating: 7.00

Not only does Isla have better offensive stats, he has BETTER defensive stats. :coffee:

kkthanxbai

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

Not only does Isla have better offensive stats, he has BETTER defensive stats. :coffee:

Took those from Whoscored.com right? Well you read those wrong. "7.11" and "7.00" aren't the defensive ratings of Isla and Lichtsteiner, they're the overall ratings of the two, defensive, offensive, passing, everything. Check it yourself, click on the Offensive ratings and you'll find the same thing, Isla at 7.11 and Lichtsteiner at 7.00... So yeah, Isla doesn't have better defensive stats than Lichtsteiner.

And plus, it's true that statistics tell one side of the story, but they do not tell the whole story. You really want to have a better idea on Isla and Lichtsteiner? Watch some Udinese games, and watch some Juve games. You'll notice how Udinese rely on the offense of their fullbacks, which means Isla attacks more. Now that doesn't come up on the stats page does it?

Lichtsteiner is very solid defensively and offensively. He can keep the right flank really tight, something I believe he does better than Isla. Suits us better, which is why I rate Lichtsteiner higher.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:45 pm

1, i dont believe those stats.

2, so we should sell licht because, apparently, Isla is .11 better than him?

Even if your argument is correct, it still makes no sense.

Lets sell Ronaldo and buy Messi. :facepalm:
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:48 pm

If Juventus thought the way you did we would be trading are whole team away save Buffon and Chiellini because there are better options out there... confused

The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:16 am

Oh boy, condradiction much now? :coffee:

The_ItalianFool wrote:1, i dont believe those stats.

2, so we should sell licht because, apparently, Isla is .11 better than him?

Even if your argument is correct, it still makes no sense.

Lets sell Ronaldo and buy Messi. :facepalm:

Don't believe the stats, nobody cares.
Ronaldo and Messi? That makes no sense, my argument does, and Isla is better.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:23 am

7amood11 wrote:

Took those from Whoscored.com right? Well you read those wrong. "7.11" and "7.00" aren't the defensive ratings of Isla and Lichtsteiner, they're the overall ratings of the two, defensive, offensive, passing, everything. Check it yourself, click on the Offensive ratings and you'll find the same thing, Isla at 7.11 and Lichtsteiner at 7.00... So yeah, Isla doesn't have better defensive stats than Lichtsteiner.

And plus, it's true that statistics tell one side of the story, but they do not tell the whole story. You really want to have a better idea on Isla and Lichtsteiner? Watch some Udinese games, and watch some Juve games. You'll notice how Udinese rely on the offense of their fullbacks, which means Isla attacks more. Now that doesn't come up on the stats page does it?

Lichtsteiner is very solid defensively and offensively. He can keep the right flank really tight, something I believe he does better than Isla. Suits us better, which is why I rate Lichtsteiner higher.

Yes I did, as they seem to be the best at statistics to an extent. Now that being said, overall stats still favor Isla, the stats I provided defensively compared with the two players show that Isla is better at it. The overall ratings was just a bonus added, please refer to what I showed before that.

Watch some Udinese games, are you claiming I don't watch Udine? False assumption Momo, and let's not even try to turn this with the Vidal and Marchisio thing again, we all know how that turned out. And this will also prove Isla in comparison to our past debates, that is better. Stats don't lie, and I know how Isla is. him being the best in Serie A in the past speaks for itself, not to mention being one of the best South American fullbacks and one of the best in Europe.

Lichstiener is solid, Isla is just better at it. Once again, refer to the stats. Offensively? Isla is better, once again refer to the stats. Total package is Isla, Lichstiener not quite. Lacks more in the offense.

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:24 am

If you didn't notice, I didn't post yesterday as I was working in Trapani, being a Sunday.

Nothing to say? Is that so... very odd indeed as Isla has been Serie A's top RB in the last two seasons. Oh wait, where's Lichsitener? Dear lord, he's not named the best in Serie A... I wonder why.

Lets refer to stats shall we.

First off the offensive stats.

Isla currently has 3 goals and 1 assist.
Lichstiener has 1 goal and 1 assist.

Right there goes to show that Lich's production up and down the flank lacks offensively, even with Juve being in such great form, not since 1949 have we seen this type of Juve being still unbeaten.

Isla currently was one Man of the Match and yet Lichstiener, not one game.

Now for your defensive stats.

Isla
Interceptions: 1.8 per game
fouls: 0.6 per game
Dribbled by other team players: 0.4 per game
Blocked shots: 0.2 per game

Lichstiener:

Interceptions: 1.1 per game
Fouls: 1.4 per game
Dribbled by other team players: 0.9 per game
Blocked Shots: 2.0 per game

kkthanxbai

Do you honestly think that how many blocks or interception made by a right back are a true and purest reflection of a RBs ability??? :facepalm:

1. With players like Pepe in front of him, Lich will obviously have less work to do than other right backs.
2. Juve's possesion football being the best in the Serie A will obviously give Lich less work than other right backs
3. Teams targetting wingplay will also change those statistics drastically. Less wingplay, either because the opposition team is weak on the wings or because they intentially avoid wingplay due to strong RBs, mean thats tackles and interceptions will be less. So on this level, lower tackles/interceptions can then be interpreted as a reflection of a players SUPERIORITY - not saying this is the case, just saying it could be INTERPRETED that way if someone wanted to make that argument

And subjective ratings from ONE football site, and that too, a difference of 0.11, does NOT count as hard evidence.

And also - Has Isla really been voted Series A best right back for 2 seasons in a row?? I was not aware of that - can you please show me where this has been published? Id be quite interested in reading that..

and Italianfool is spot on - if Juve thought the way you did, we trade almost the entire team... :brickwall:
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:27 am

Oh boy, condradiction much now? :coffee:

Just came back at ya mate. Await your response.

Now - while you are here.... care to reply on that thread youve run away from???

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t14050p36-who-would-you-start-tomorrow
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 am

Actually yes I do, those defensive stats show how much Isla does, when they also play a 3-5-2 and he has to bust his bum back to defend and attack. His overall rating speaks for itself.

1. Less work to do? Gee, I see him working harder than Pepe, who knew he had to work less? While you got Isla who has to go actually cover for both the offensive and defensive aspect of the flank playing as a Right defensive winger/fullback.

2. Correction, Milan has the highest possesion in Serie A, meaning we're not the best, but one of the best. Point, irrelavent, Udinese dominate possesion as well as they play attacking football.

3. Thanks for confirming point two.

Provide me of another site that is reliable on stats please, if not then sorry. your argument here is not valid.

La Domenica Sportiva on Rai. Shown on television at the end of the season.
Just last year Maggio was named the best Italian RB and Isla the best Serie A RB.
By the way, ever heard of the "Oscer Del Calcio"? I don't think so.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:41 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Actually yes I do, those defensive stats show how much Isla does, when they also play a 3-5-2 and he has to bust his bum back to defend and attack. His overall rating speaks for itself.

1. Less work to do? Gee, I see him working harder than Pepe, who knew he had to work less? While you got Isla who has to go actually cover for both the offensive and defensive aspect of the flank playing as a Right defensive winger/fullback.

2. Correction, Milan has the highest possesion in Serie A, meaning we're not the best, but one of the best. Point, irrelavent, Udinese dominate possesion as well as they play attacking football.

3. Thanks for confirming point two.

Provide me of another site that is reliable on stats please, if not then sorry. your argument here is not valid.

La Domenica Sportiva on Rai. Shown on television at the end of the season.
Just last year Maggio was named the best Italian RB and Isla the best Serie A RB.
By the way, ever heard of the "Oscer Del Calcio"? I don't think so.

There are no reliable statistics websites. Statistics mean NOTHING to the individual. Thats the point im trying to make. An individuals rating is invariably affected by those around him and the quality of team play.

Regardless of what you say, Pepes workrate and the entire midfields work rates has a HUGE impact on the number of tackles Lich does/doesnt make. Thats a fact.

As far as I can remember, Neither Isla nor Maggio has won the Oscer Del Calcio. Best defender of the year for the IFA awards for the last 3 years running has been Chiellini.

Again, show me the evidence of this best seria A RB rather than using hearsay - I would like to see that so called TV show that quoted their best team.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:47 am

Oh so no website? Your argument not valid. Sorry, in today's modern sports, stats are used for everything and to describe how good a player is, an opinion is an opinion, and facts are facts. Facts are realities, and opinions are thoughts. You are basing on just that which are thoughts back up without valid facts, so sorry reality speaks for itself.

No, what you just said is your assumption to the game, and Pepe's performances are not facts, it's your views. What I said about Isla are facts, and his performances are workrate. Lichstiener is working just as hard on the defensive part, you claiming Pepe does his dirty work show's how much better Isla at the end of the day.

Go watch the TV Show, here in Italy it's on RAI Uno, or on RAI International for international viewers, 10 pm Sunday's local time. You don't have it, tough luck for you. Not my problem, it's yours.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:36 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Oh so no website? Your argument not valid. Sorry, in today's modern sports, stats are used for everything and to describe how good a player is, an opinion is an opinion, and facts are facts. Facts are realities, and opinions are thoughts. You are basing on just that which are thoughts back up without valid facts, so sorry reality speaks for itself.

No, what you just said is your assumption to the game, and Pepe's performances are not facts, it's your views. What I said about Isla are facts, and his performances are workrate. Lichstiener is working just as hard on the defensive part, you claiming Pepe does his dirty work show's how much better Isla at the end of the day.

Go watch the TV Show, here in Italy it's on RAI Uno, or on RAI International for international viewers, 10 pm Sunday's local time. You don't have it, tough luck for you. Not my problem, it's yours.

Really? You want to debate statistics with me? Happy to. Happy to.

Do you understand the Statiscal co-efficient variant analysis theory? Does you understand the distribution curve or the factors that construct the parameters used to achieve statistical significance in a multi-variable dataset table?? Hmm??

Didnt think so.

So let me simplify it for you kid. In 2 different situations (i.e teams) when they are more than one variable (i.e. players, opposition team, ball distribution, possession etc), no two co-efficients (i.e. tackles/minutes, tackles/game) will ever co-incide unless specifically designed to do so. So any statistical data fails to reach significance unless everything falls under the same distribution curve) which is any sports analysis, it doesnt.

Simpler? Didnt think so.

I wont waste time trying to explain it to you caus youll never understand it.

Bottom line is - statistics maens nothing to an INDIVIDUAL especially when comparing two individuals in different scenarios.

Its like talking to a monkey... urgh..so frustrating.

Pay attention in maths class kid.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 am

Shit, I wish you took my research methods test for me today Lynx
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:12 am

I got 93.5% on my research methods exam Fab, you're recruiting the wrong one :coffee:

this is not a boastful post, just joking

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:42 am

Luca wrote:I got 93.5% on my research methods exam Fab, you're recruiting the wrong one :coffee:

this is not a boastful post, just joking

lol... have you actually studied research methods? such a pain in the ass, mostly cause my teacher sucks
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:45 am

Yes and that grade is real
And I give the mass majority of it to the professor I had- he made it interesting and he gave an amazing exam review

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:49 am

Oh nice. how old are you again? i forget
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:50 am

EDIT::

Just deleting my de-railing post...

Hoping to stick to topic at hand. My bad.

Last edited by Lynx100 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:51 am

19, second year of university for legal studies

are you in your third year and for what program?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 am

Luca wrote:19, second year of university for legal studies

are you in your third year and for what program?

ah nice dude.

third year, I/O(industrial/organizational) Psychology program.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 am

That sounds interesting, the psychology I took (was required) was really interesting

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:07 am

Luca wrote:That sounds interesting, the psychology I took (was required) was really interesting

Yeah its great stuff and is still being developed, especially my field, so its definitely interesting and also useful
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:09 am

Thats great, so you'll have a job waiting once you're finished with school in all likeliness?

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next