Luca
inderbaby
DeviAngel
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’  Empty ‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Moreno Torricelli has crowned Juventus’ Stephan Lichtsteiner as one of the finest right-backs presently in the game.

The Swiss international joined the Old Lady in the summer from Lazio for €10m and he’s been an ever-present in the club’s Serie A starting XI since.

“Lichtsteiner is doing very well,” Torricelli, himself a former full-back in Turin, told Radio Mana Mana. “He is demonstrating to everyone just how good a player he actually is.

“Lichtsteiner, in my opinion, is one of the best full-backs in Europe and I hope he doesn’t stop performing so well.”

Torricelli spent six years at Juventus where he played in Marcello Lippi’s mythical side alongside present Juve boss Antonio Conte.

“There are similarities between this team and the Juventus I played in,” added the former Fiorentina man.

“They play with the same velocity, high pressing and the squad is very similar. This is an excellent team.

“Antonio is charismatic, he was an excellent captain who is pays close attention to every detail. His DNA is Bianconero.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’  Empty Re: ‘Lichtsteiner one of the best’

Post by inderbaby Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 pm

The best in serie a :coffee:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Isla is better but apart from him I would not take anyone over Lichtsteiner

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Marco Motta's Goal > Lichstiener

:lucas:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Marco Motta's Goal > Lichstiener

:lucas:

Motta´s goal was great, but Licht one, was the first in the new stadium..and was OFFICIAL!!!

banana
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Lich is obviously one of the best rightbacks in Italy.

Anyone who isnt happy with him needs to dream on lol
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:13 pm

i don't know how i knew he would be great...today he is doing things well i hope he keeps it up..
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Lichsteiner is one of the best RB in Europe...not just Italy!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:25 pm

We really have no basis to assume that cotes

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:28 am

Him and Isla are very close in terms of talent imo. It's debatable on which one of them is better.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:40 am

7amood11 wrote:Him and Isla are very close in terms of talent imo. It's debatable on which one of them is better.

On talent? ahahahahhaha. Sorry Momo, but I had to laugh. Lichstiener is like Pepe, their not talented in comparison to the likes of Krasic and Isla. What their known for is workrate. Now in comparison to Isla, he works hard too, Lichstiener just works hard. Tho his work, hardly is effective on an offensive standpoint while Isla is able to score and provide great balls in the box
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:46 am

7amood11 wrote:Him and Isla are very close in terms of talent imo. It's debatable on which one of them is better.

Defensively they are somewhat close, offensively it is Isla head and shoulders above Lichtsteiner (in my opinion).

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:48 am

Luca wrote:

Defensively they are somewhat close, offensively it is Isla head and shoulders above Lichtsteiner (in my opinion).

In defense : Lichtsteiner >= Isla

Ball Control and dribbles I got to say Licht moves like attacker and the control > Isla

crosses Licht < Isla
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:52 am

Sorry Devi, but are you claiming Lichstiner can dribble over Isla? Though that is your opinion, that is false. Lichstiener is not known for his offensive abilites in which means his dribbling skills lack, he's like Abate, has speed and control, that's it and that's all. His supply with the ball is horrible and him keeping it, relies more on strenght, speed and workrate rather than dribbling. Isla is superior... Defensively? Their almost the same, Isla is known to be the best in Serie A for a reason.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:55 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

Ball Control and dribbles I got to say Licht moves like attacker and the control > Isla

crosses Licht < Isla

Defensive difference is marginal but Lichtsteiner edges Isla for me too
Ball control and dribbles, I think that is very, very close. I've rarely seen Lichtsteiner mess up while on the ball but the same goes for Isla.
Crossing is key.

We get to see them both on the field soon, then we can decide (hopefully Lichtsteiner wins, for Juventus' sake!)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:04 am

Luca wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
Luca wrote:

crosses Licht < Isla

Defensive difference is marginal but Lichtsteiner edges Isla for me too
Ball control and dribbles, I think that is very, very close. I've rarely seen Lichtsteiner mess up while on the ball but the same goes for Isla.
Crossing is key.

We get to see them both on the field soon, then we can decide (hopefully Lichtsteiner wins, for Juventus' sake!)

You said it better than me... What I meant is that they are pretty close. Lichtsteiner edges Isla defensively, while Isla is more of a threat going forward. More or less in the same tier of talent.

And, contrary to popular belief, Lichtsteiner gets more accurate crosses than Isla, statistically.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:06 am

Statistically and yet in Isla's career... he has more assists than Lichstiner. That being Isla is only 23 years old?

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:07 am

Is that a fact about crossing?
Lichtsteiner just is not very consistent in his crossing but he can whip in a good ball every now and then, I expected more

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:13 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Statistically and yet in Isla's career... he has more assists than Lichstiner. That being Isla is only 23 years old?

I never said anything about assists. I was talking about accurate crosses.

Both are kinda crap when it comes to accurate crosses relative to the rest of Serie A players. Lishtsteiner gets 1 accurate cross/game. Isla gets 0.8 accurate crosses/game.

Either way, both are still the 2 best RBs in Serie A imo.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:40 am

Isla has more assistances because Udinese uses different tactics...they rely a lot of wing backs...
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Either way we still have on of the top RBs in Serie A....

Licht is gettin the job done, and like Luca said I think he will improve his consistency, because he can produce great crosses.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

On talent? ahahahahhaha. Sorry Momo, but I had to laugh. Lichstiener is like Pepe, their not talented in comparison to the likes of Krasic and Isla. What their known for is workrate. Now in comparison to Isla, he works hard too, Lichstiener just works hard. Tho his work, hardly is effective on an offensive standpoint while Isla is able to score and provide great balls in the box

Laugh all you want - noone is laughing with you.

Lich not talented? You must be smoking shish with that Jamaican guy (Coates?) in between classes at school!!

Isla is talented. Lich is talented. End of story. You do not get to become a regular started and a fan favourite at a club like juventus without talent. FACT

Not all players in the same position have the same 'talents' but can still amonst the current best in that position.

I would take Lich over Isla. Yes, his crosses need a lot of work. Yes sometimes his end product is not that best when hes in the final third. But thats ok. His primary job as a fullback is to protect his flank - and THATS what people forget. I would taken that talent ANYDAY for a fullback than someone with more offensive flair. He bleeds himself dry to protect his flank.

At the end of the day, Isla may well have been a fan favourite too if he came to Juve instead of Lich. But Lich is here. Isla is not. Lich is doing a bloody great job protecting his flank and is slowly improving game by game offensively. Would I swap him for Isla - HELL NO

Lich> Isla
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:14 am

Lynx100 wrote:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:

Laugh all you want - noone is laughing with you.

Lich not talented? You must be smoking shish with that Jamaican guy (Coates?) in between classes at school!!

Isla is talented. Lich is talented. End of story. You do not get to become a regular started and a fan favourite at a club like juventus without talent. FACT

Not all players in the same position have the same 'talents' but can still amonst the current best in that position.

I would take Lich over Isla. Yes, his crosses need a lot of work. Yes sometimes his end product is not that best when hes in the final third. But thats ok. His primary job as a fullback is to protect his flank - and THATS what people forget. I would taken that talent ANYDAY for a fullback than someone with more offensive flair. He bleeds himself dry to protect his flank.

At the end of the day, Isla may well have been a fan favourite too if he came to Juve instead of Lich. But Lich is here. Isla is not. Lich is doing a bloody great job protecting his flank and is slowly improving game by game offensively. Would I swap him for Isla - HELL NO

Lich> Isla

truer words have never been spoken..excellent post...

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:29 am

End of story?

Who was Lichsitener back when he was 23 years old? Isla is already the best in Serie A and yet has a far way to go in his career to become better, while in comparison to Lich who is much older than him, is not even compared. So please Lynx, let's not say nonesense.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:38 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:End of story?

Who was Lichsitener back when he was 23 years old? Isla is already the best in Serie A and yet has a far way to go in his career to become better, while in comparison to Lich who is much older than him, is not even compared. So please Lynx, let's not say nonesense.

You are basically saying this;

"Ronaldo is not good enough! Sell him and buy Messi!"

You arent happy with arguably the second best RB in the league? pale
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content