Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
Babun
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Marco Reus  - Page 5 Empty Re: Marco Reus

Post by The Messiah Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Mueller isn't going to be bench for anyone. If he's not playing center, he's playing on the wings. His off the ball movement is very important in opening up defenses. Lately he just has to work on his finishing, because he's usually a goal threat, too.

Ribéry and Robben aren't getting any younger, so I can imagine in a few years this sort of lineup:

Gomez
Reus/Goetze Kroos Mueller/Usami
Schweinsteiger/Alaba Gustavo/new DM

Alaba will play more in a central role, IMO. The future Schweinsteiger. Depends on how Heynckes develops him, but he can also get plenty of time on the wing.

Instead of the usual German talents, we might get an export such as Hazard or maybe Shaqiri instead of Reus/Goetze.

Sorry to break the news to you, but if the team is completely healthy Muller will be on the bench, while Kroos will play as attacking Midfielder and Schweini & Tymo will play behind him. and to be fair I will say Kroos has been playing better than Muller this season, Muller is still a good player but not as good as he was last 2 season.

Neuer
Boateng-DVB-Badstuber-Lahm
Tymo-Schweini
Robben-Kroos-Ribery
Gomez.

I can bet a million dollar if the squad is completely healthy that will be our selection and Muller will be on the bench and it's always nice to see good players on the bench.

Butt-Rafinha-Contento-Breno-Gustavo-Alaba-Muller-Olic

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:01 pm

That is a potential lineup in a few years. As when Ribéry and Robben are old and not a part of the team/retired.

Notice how Kroos is cemented in the AM position while I have Mueller on the right wing. I know Kroos is not being moved anywhere.

I'm actually not a fan of playing both Robben and Ribéry. The team loses balance. Robben doesn't have the workrate or offball movement that Mueller has. It's still a great option to have, though, when we want to go all out attack and flair.

Mueller and Robben wouldn't "bench", they'd pretty much rotate depending on the need and on who is playing behind them.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:38 pm

Sushi Master wrote:That is a potential lineup in a few years. As when Ribéry and Robben are old and not a part of the team/retired.

Notice how Kroos is cemented in the AM position while I have Mueller on the right wing. I know Kroos is not being moved anywhere.

I'm actually not a fan of playing both Robben and Ribéry. The team loses balance. Robben doesn't have the workrate or offball movement that Mueller has. It's still a great option to have, though, when we want to go all out attack and flair.

Mueller and Robben wouldn't "bench", they'd pretty much rotate depending on the need and on who is playing behind them.

Are you suggesting that whenever Robben and Ribery are fit, we should drop one of them and Play Muller instead...?

It's blessing having Robben & Ribery on the pitch at thesame time, it rarely happens but when they play together we are completely unstoppable.

Wolfsburg, Lyon, United, Fiorentina, even up till now I still feel robbed because we could have won 2010 cpl final if it wasn't for Uefa and their corrupt system, who ensure that Ribery didn't play in final.

Robben is more of a goal threat than anyone else in the team by miles, except for Gomez.

I think I will rather see Muller or even Kroos on the bench and Play Ribery and Robben. I will only rotate them if there is an important match at hand, otherwise they will always start alongside, Neuer, Lahm, Schweini and Gomez.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Yes, Mueller should be played instead depending on the tactical situation. We're holding on to a lead in an away CL match or have a team that defends very deep and offball movement is needed apart from pure skill? Play Mueller.

We are looking for a goal, or are in the Allianz looking for total domination, or maybe smaller sides? Play Robben.

Rafinha injured or off form, so we have to play Boateng and thus need more attacking flair up front? Play Robben.

I could go on all day, my point is that they are both extremely useful even though they are very different players. It means we can adapt to many situations and cope with injuries, fatigue etc. Glad I have them both in Bayern.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:28 pm

I get your point but I will rather rotate Muller with Kroos and Like you said when there is fatigue I can then rotate Muller with Robben, Ribery or even Gomez if Olic is Injured.

But tactically I will always play Robben-Kroos-Ribery, ahead of Muller.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5