tehcpeng
BiasedMilanFan3
Potential
65 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Arsenal - Page 8 Empty Re: Arsenal

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:26 am

mate,we cannot start maxi in a cl game vs arsenal because of what?10 mins?
boateng,Ibra and ES should start

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 am

Boateng has been injured and might not be up to full fitness, I don't see why not playing Maxi EL92 and Zlatan together, could be lethal
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:31 am

Nes-T33 wrote:mate,we cannot start maxi in a cl game vs arsenal because of what?10 mins?
boateng,Ibra and ES should start

It was a spectacular 10 mins though... but you are right, although I was thinking about a forward-line with Boateng injured though. I don't really want to start Robinho or Urby. Any news on how well Boateng is recovering?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:36 am

boateng will be back to full training on Monday...

@MTD:According to what the club has been saying,Nesta,Pato and Boateng will be ready to play.

Honestly,i dont think i can go through getting eliminated again on the round of 16....

btw,Mexes looked REALLY sloppy today,i hope nesta starts
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:47 am

Nes-T33 wrote:boateng will be back to full training on Monday...

@MTD:According to what the club has been saying,Nesta,Pato and Boateng will be ready to play.

Honestly,i dont think i can go through getting eliminated again on the round of 16....

btw,Mexes looked REALLY sloppy today,i hope nesta starts

Can't agree more with this, he was at fault for the goal and reckless in his positioning for the whole game.

I would be in shock for a whole year if we went out again at this stage. Even if we won the Scudetto, it would only be a consolation because I have always regarded our team as the European team, world beaters, international champions... to fall again at the first hurdle would be shameful (no disrespect to Arsenal intended).
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:50 am

honestly,i wont give 2 cents about the scudetto if we dont get through Arsenal.

We already won it last season and it gives that feeling of satisfaction considering we hadn't won it in several years,but right now our main concern should be CL considering we havent done well in Europe since 2007....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:54 am

Nes-T33 wrote:honestly,i wont give 2 cents about the scudetto if we dont get through Arsenal.

We already won it last season and it gives that feeling of satisfaction considering we hadn't won it in several years,but right now our main concern should be CL considering we havent done well in Europe since 2007....
I agree, it would be nice to win the scudetto, but just the thought of winning the CL is amazing. I really hope we can do it. IMO, if Pato is fit, he will start alongside Ibra and I expect to see Urby and Robinho in there as well Neutral
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:57 am

winning is a bit too much,but getting to the semis would be great Smile

or at least getting through arsenal would be very rewarding
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:00 am

Nes-T33 wrote:winning is a bit too much,but getting to the semis would be great Smile

haha, I know winning it would be tough with this squad, but it's nice to dream about it Razz but yeah, I would be very happy if we can get to the semi's.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:02 am

Nes-T33 wrote:winning is a bit too much,but getting to the semis would be great Smile

I think all Milan fans prioritise Europe. Remember when Leonardo used to play the CL anthem before league games to get the team pumped up? I don't think it worked very well, but no other club would ever go to those lengths. Laughing

Here's a goal.com article I found on the game. And yes, goal is generally trash, but this one is not editorial, just an interview with Wenger so it's ok...

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has stressed the necessity of his side scoring an away goal ahead of their Champions League last 16 first-leg tie against AC Milan on Wednesday.

The Premier League outfit finished top of their group in the competition, only losing once, but were drawn against arguably the strongest runners-up in the shape of the Italian giants, who finished second to Barcelona.

The Gunners will travel to San Siro in the first of the two clashes, and their boss has insisted that they need to score an away goal to have the best chance of progressing, adding that they will stick to their usual attacking style.

The Frenchman told reporters: "The European system is organised to reward audacious action away from home.

"When you go away in the Champions League, you have to score.

"The best way to score is play in an offensive way and we will try to do that."

Wenger's squad has been boosted by the return to match fitness of Bacary Sagna and Kieran Gibbs, giving some much-needed strength to the defence, and the 62-year-old is content with his options.

"I have plenty of options and I am happy with the way the defence works," Wenger added.

Summer signing Mikel Arteta is likely to be a key player in breaking down their opponent's attacks, and the midfielder is looking forward sitting deep and adding balance for his team.

He told Arsenal Player: "I watch the game from behind [the attackers] and I know that when we become too open we leave many spaces and concede goals.

"I just try to balance the team a little bit.

"Sometimes I would like to go forward more, but I've still had chances and the goal [against Blackburn] was my sixth this year, which isn't bad.

"I don't want to be the main man; we all know who the main man is and that's Robin. He is the leader, he is the one who makes a real difference.

"The most important thing is the team, and once the team is doing well the highlights will come for the rest [of the players] because we are playing well.

"Everyone is part of a machine and we are all just trying to make the machine work as well as we can."

I think Arteta will get destroyed as DM, that's a big mistake against us IMO.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:05 am

well,they wont park the bus like tottenham or inter,which is very good.For some reason we really cant break the lock on teams that park the bus.we performed like shet vs inter because of that.

on the other hand,we play very well against teams that attack and leave spaces like barcelons

im fecking pumped :mental: (even though i have a bad feeling No )
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 am

I am so excited for this game, haha. I really have no idea what to expect, if our squad plays to their full potential, we can beat Arsenal with not much problems. But with the injuries and everything, I'm on the fence. Arsenal I think, lost Mertesacker today? He got stretchered off, but they got a lot of guys coming back from injury and so do we, just depends how in form these players will be when they come back.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:11 am

yeah,looks like hes injured

well see something like this

Sagna-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Gibbs or Sagna-Djourou-Kosc-Verm
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:20 am

Nes-T33 wrote:yeah,looks like hes injured

I don't watch a lot of Arsenal, but I have many friends who are gunners that claim Koscielny is a vastly improved player from the calamity I saw last season. I don't really believe the hype.

In any case, there are other weaknesses in the Arsenal defence: Gibbs in the 1st line-up and Djourou in the 2nd one. Gibbs because he is like Arsenal's Antonini, a bit inexperienced and positionally inept at times. Djourou is Arsenal's Bonera, can make some sloppy mistakes at times and is quite slow.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:23 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Nes-T33 wrote:yeah,looks like hes injured

I don't watch a lot of Arsenal, but I have many friends who are gunners that claim Koscielny is a vastly improved player from the calamity I saw last season. I don't really believe the hype.

In any case, there are other weaknesses in the Arsenal defence: Gibbs in the 1st line-up and Djourou in the 2nd one. Gibbs because he is like Arsenal's Antonini, a bit inexperienced and positionally inept at times. Djourou is Arsenal's Bonera, can make some sloppy mistakes at times and is quite slow.
Yeah, Arsenal doesn't have the strongest back line, I really believe we can break them. All I am worried about is the pace they have on the wings, but with Abate and Mesbah we should be alright.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:30 am

Lol Kos was a calamity last season? Laughing Clearly you don't watch enough Arsenal
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:40 am

Koscielny has probably been the best CB in the league this year lol......

Oh he was never calamity, he had Messi in his pocket in the leg at the Emirates one awful mistake in a cup final dont make you a calamity.

Good luck btw Smile
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:56 am

Lex wrote:Lol Kos was a calamity last season? Laughing Clearly you don't watch enough Arsenal

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Koscielny has probably been the best CB in the league this year lol......

Oh he was never calamity, he had Messi in his pocket in the leg at the Emirates one awful mistake in a cup final dont make you a calamity.

Good luck btw Smile

Well that's what I've been hearing.

hmm, calamity is a strong word, in particular I was thinking of this...

Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:59 am

That was my point, he seems to have got a very bad rep off that one mistake....

In the main he was very consistent for Arsenal last year, just not on the level he has been this year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:49 am

Lex wrote:Lol Kos was a calamity last season? Laughing Clearly you don't watch enough Arsenal

well, I did say exactly that in my original post. Razz

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:That was my point, he seems to have got a very bad rep off that one mistake....

In the main he was very consistent for Arsenal last year, just not on the level he has been this year.

fair enough, I just wonder why Arsenal has 35 goals against in the EPL?

Only Newcastle (36), Fulham (36), Stoke (38), Norwich (41), QPR (44), Wolves (44), Wigan (50), Bolton (51) and Blackburn (56) have conceded more. Yes, that is 9 teams (nearly half the league), but that's not what I expect from a top 4 EPL side. They are effectively conceding goals at the rate of a mid-table team.

The three above Arsenal have only conceded 25 (Man U), 19 (Man C) and 25 (Tottenham).
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:00 am

The 8-2 and lack of fullbacks for what seemed like a millennium has really screwed up our GD
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:16 am

Lex wrote:The 8-2 and lack of fullbacks for what seemed like a millennium has really screwed up our GD

Ah, of course, the 8-2. Who is likely to start at full-back for you guys against us?

Sagna and Vermaalen again? or will Verm be moved to CB to cover for Per with Gibbs coming in at LB?

Also, isn't it strange that the games coming into this clash were both come-from-behind 2-1 wins for Milan and Arsenal?!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:18 am

we are gravely wounded milan, so i hope we play cautious game. i m expecting pretty much same scenario as the one against Udinese, because we might suffer too much number of quick counterattacks with them having advantage of exploiting plenty of space like we gave to udinese. i dont mind if we play a little like park-the-bus, park-the-plane or park-the-UFO whatever it is but we just dont give them space or chance to score.

ball is in arsenal's court. they have lot of their main players back.

Iam little bit nervous about this game

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 am

The Rossoneri have received a boost on the injury front ahead of their European last 16 tie with Arsene Wenger's men at the Giuseppe Meazza on Wednesday.

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has received some promising news from the treatment table in the build-up to the first leg of his side's Champions League round of 16 encounter with Arsenal, as Alexandre Pato, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Alessandro Nesta have all resumed squad training.

The Brazilian attacker sustained a muscle strain during the Scudetto holders' 2-1 extra-time victory against Novara in the Coppa Italia back in January, and has been out of action since.

24-year-old Boateng picked up a muscular problem in the Serie A loss against Inter, and had also been unavailable for the past three weeks.

Finally, veteran defender Nesta picked up a knock ahead of the league game against Napoli earlier this month, and has consequently missed the Rossoneri's past three matches.

However, Milan have confirmed on their official website that the three players have all shaken off their respective injuries, and could make a comeback in Wednesday's game at San Siro.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tigole Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:03 pm

The Arsenal match will be a difficult one. We need to exploit their high line and full-backs. Since our midfield is lacking creativity then why not try Ibra as a trequartista and dropping him deep. Ibra is ridiculously good at passing but isn't the fastest, and against Arsenal we will need pace. Just a suggestion imo.

----------Amelia

Abate--Mexes--Silva--Mesbah

---Nocerino--MVB--Seedorf

----------Ibra

--SES-----------Pato
Tigole
Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Moddaws Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:13 pm

Watch out for the OX lads hes world class they only got him for 15million bargain! please smash them Very Happy
Moddaws
Moddaws
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next