Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

+6
Adit
Forza
michael1
pasquale22
Arquitecto
chinomaster182
10 posters

Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:49 am

We all know Serie A is not in the best shape it has ever been, but really most of us don't really have the perspective to see how bad the future looks. The swiss ramble has just posted its review on Inters finances http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/12/moneys-too-tight-to-mention-at-inter.html#comment-form

And they are City level terrible... Normally i wouldn't post something like this but we should all see it to understand how much of a struggle Serie A clubs will have with FFP in the future. The SR has already said everything but here are a list of important things i believe need to be prioritized:

1.- Italian teams need to get their own stadiums, Italian law is ridiculous to not allow this.

2.- Violent "supporters" need to be kicked out and the public at large needs to come back, matchday revenue in Italy is a joke.

3.- Italian clubs need to start improving commercial revenue, including overseas rights and other goodies. At present it is practically a joke.

4.- Italy needs its fourth CL spot back, Serie A is doing good on this for the first time in ever, but the good work needs to continue to improve the UEFA coefficient.

Thoughts?
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:55 am

I don't see how this has to do with Serie A clubs as a whole but rather Inter who are simply recovering from a recent loss also due to a financial blow dealt to Moratti while its been speculated that recovery is imminent.


Plus the main reason why Serie A clubs have low match revenue is because of "La tessera del tifoso". Since this was implemented, attendance has dropped very low.

It needs to be taken away.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11728
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:58 am

Juve leading the path, Palermo, Cagliari, Roma all expected to get new stadia soon

pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2329
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by michael1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:14 am

Didnt realise inter accounted for all of serie a lol
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Forza Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:14 am

Interesting article, but I think Serie A is on the rise, not on the fall. If you want to see a league that's going to get slaughtered by FFP, look at La Liga. For most clubs it's like Inter's situation without a rich owner to back them up.

On Milan: We are miserly and clever in the transfer market and we are capable of running at a profit in the near future, notice that we only lost 9.8 mil compared to Inter's 69 mil in 09-10. I think we would've profited last season given we spent less on players and won the league and cup.

Anyway, I can't help but think that the article is more than a bit naive in leaving out the possibility that Morratti and other owners will find many loopholes through FFP rules to bolster their respective clubs.

I strongly agree with all 4 of your points though. Problems with stadiums, crazy supporters, commercial efficiency and the UEFA coefficient need to be seriously addressed.

With regards to commerce, in particular, they need to expand their worldwide reach like the EPL has done. For example, in Australia the EPL gets an enviable amount of coverage. Wigan v Swansea will get 10x more reported than El Classico or the Milan derby here. It's pretty pathetic on the part of the Australian media, but I can't help but think that Serie A could be doing a better job of promoting itself overseas.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by pasquale22 Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:18 am

This is a little misleading considering most serie a clubs are actualy placed in a much better position than epl clubs
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2329
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Adit Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:55 am

serie a clubs match day incomes are terrible and their average stadium atmosphere is similar to that in novel 'Komala'.I dont know how a serie a fan can say FFP will badly affect la liga.Madrid and Barca both are two of the very best clubs with revenue,there is noway FFP being a problem for them financially.They generate more than enough income needed for their yearly transfer budget.Valencia was actually a stable club but they screwed it with their new Stadium construction,but they are back to being normal again by sell of some of their stars. Athletic,Atletico,Seville etc are financially stable enough to participate in europe as well.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by fatman123 Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:57 am

chinomaster182 wrote:3.- Italian clubs need to start improving commercial revenue, including overseas rights and other goodies. At present it is practically a joke.

there are too many tools like JNC in countries like Italy who are too proud for this and think that anyone outside of Italy who supprts an Italian team isnt a "real" fan for this to happen
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Forza Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:59 am

Adit wrote:serie a clubs match day incomes are terrible and their average stadium atmosphere is similar to that in novel 'Komala'.I dont know how a serie a fan can say FFP will badly affect la liga.Madrid and Barca both are two of the very best clubs with revenue,there is noway FFP being a problem for them financially.They generate more than enough income needed for their yearly transfer budget.Valencia was actually a stable club but they screwed it with their new Stadium construction,but they are back to being normal again by sell of some of their stars. Athletic,Atletico,Seville etc are financially stable enough to participate in europe as well.

I said "most of the clubs in La Liga"... you know... the other 15 or so clubs who can't afford to pay their players and exist purely to be pulverised by Madrid and Barca and to fight against each other to escape relegation, and if they're really lucky, slot into some anonymous mid-table position?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by fatman123 Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 am

Arquitecto wrote:Plus the main reason why Serie A clubs have low match revenue is because of "La tessera del tifoso". Since this was implemented, attendance has dropped very low.

It needs to be taken away.

whats that?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 9615
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Adit Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:22 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Adit wrote:serie a clubs match day incomes are terrible and their average stadium atmosphere is similar to that in novel 'Komala'.I dont know how a serie a fan can say FFP will badly affect la liga.Madrid and Barca both are two of the very best clubs with revenue,there is noway FFP being a problem for them financially.They generate more than enough income needed for their yearly transfer budget.Valencia was actually a stable club but they screwed it with their new Stadium construction,but they are back to being normal again by sell of some of their stars. Athletic,Atletico,Seville etc are financially stable enough to participate in europe as well.

I said "most of the clubs in La Liga"... you know... the other 15 or so clubs who can't afford to pay their players and exist purely to be pulverised by Madrid and Barca and to fight against each other to escape relegation, and if they're really lucky, slot into some anonymous mid-table position?
only 8 la liga clubs were unprofitable last season while 14 Serie A clubs were unprofitable last year,if you are talking about clubs who cant afford to spend and hence they are weak theory then serie a is almost double worse than la liga.

Not to say FFP will only effect clubs participating in europe and within which only seville (in europa league) was the only unprofitable la liga club in europe while Napoli and udinese were the only serie a clubs who were profitable .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:27 pm

fatman123 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Plus the main reason why Serie A clubs have low match revenue is because of "La tessera del tifoso". Since this was implemented, attendance has dropped very low.

It needs to be taken away.

whats that?

It's like a fan passport you could say, it costs and you have to apply for it in a similar way. It was envisaged as a way to regulate entrance of 'bad' fans, instead it's added another layer of beurocracy that has stopped many average fans bothering attending.

Of course we aren't suffering as much as some. Our away games have always been sold out, but now our home attendances are far better every game has been technically sold out, even tonight's Coppa Italia game (Seriously unheard of, I'm not joking when I say sometimes for games like this only a few hundred fans turn up Shocked) Although it looks as if there are some spare seats scattered about.

I don't think we have a proper ticket exchange program as in England yet.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 1044
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by michael1 Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:35 pm

Wish people would stop acting like they know about ffp none of us know how it will effect teams yet so instead acting like u know whats goin amd sayin this league will be more affected than the other, just be quiet and see what happens when it comes in.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Eivindo Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Adit wrote:serie a clubs match day incomes are terrible and their average stadium atmosphere is similar to that in novel 'Komala'.I dont know how a serie a fan can say FFP will badly affect la liga.Madrid and Barca both are two of the very best clubs with revenue,there is noway FFP being a problem for them financially.They generate more than enough income needed for their yearly transfer budget.Valencia was actually a stable club but they screwed it with their new Stadium construction,but they are back to being normal again by sell of some of their stars. Athletic,Atletico,Seville etc are financially stable enough to participate in europe as well.

At least those who turn up at games in Serie A have a higher recorded average individual decibel level compared to the other leagues. So when a stadium first is full, or nearly, its pretty much better than most. Some Madrid and Arsenal games have very weak crowd even though they are full, so crowd itself is not a guarantee.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 2742
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I don't see how this has to do with Serie A clubs as a whole but rather Inter who are simply recovering from a recent loss also due to a financial blow dealt to Moratti while its been speculated that recovery is imminent.


Plus the main reason why Serie A clubs have low match revenue is because of "La tessera del tifoso". Since this was implemented, attendance has dropped very low.

It needs to be taken away.

It concerns all clubs because Inter has the highest revenue out of all the Italian clubs and they are still hemorrhaging money like a wounded animal, you should see the graph on the blog post on Serie As profits and how only 3 clubs manage to make one. Granted, not all clubs lose money like Inter but as Moratti said: “We are not yet able to balance the books. I don’t know how Italian clubs will play in the Champions League in future, if UEFA’s fair play is confirmed.”

I've also heard about la tessera del tifosi, although matchday revenue will still pathetically low even before this, Italians can make all the excuses they want (financial meltdown is the new one) but they just have to face that they just don't want to go to the stadium anymore. New stadiums and kicking violence out will go a long way on bringing the public back, it happened in England.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:23 pm

pasquale22 wrote:This is a little misleading considering most serie a clubs are actualy placed in a much better position than epl clubs

Don't mean to be rude, but you are uninformed at best.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:24 pm

michael1 wrote:Wish people would stop acting like they know about ffp none of us know how it will effect teams yet so instead acting like u know whats goin amd sayin this league will be more affected than the other, just be quiet and see what happens when it comes in.

Its a big bureaucratic document but all in all its not that confusing (especially if you read the swiss ramble), i could make a brief summary of it if you like.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 990
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Ganso Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:29 pm

adit,your new avatar is in the bet thread
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon Empty Re: Serie A in trouble, FFP on the horizon

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum