kiranr
pUsHa
RedOranje
Potential
Grande_Milano
82 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread

Post by Cruijf Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:01 am

You couldn't make this up rofl

What a farce FIFA is.

Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread

Post by MaraVilla Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:39 am

german FA accused of buying 06 WC Laughing
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Is this any surprise? The rumours were around for years now ^^ IMO all the sports functionaries are corrupt - some more, some less. (And the ones who seem less corrupt are probably only better at hiding their misdeeds.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Anyone who followed the bidding process knew about this. 2006 was expected to go to South Africa and then some bullshit happened and Germany got it instead.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:40 pm

It was Titanic and Martin Sonneborn IMHO, they could resist neither Cuckoo Clock, nor the Schwarzwälder Schinken.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:43 pm

Indeed. The guy from Oceania admitted "the final fax broke my neck". Still no Ehrenverdienstkreuz for Sonneborn :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:45 pm

Interested to know which country actually won the rights to host the WC legitimately Laughing
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:53 pm

MaraVilla wrote:Interested to know which country actually won the rights to host the WC legitimately  Laughing
With how Blatters FIFA is (was?) run, probably none.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:05 pm

Letting yourself be bribed is pretty much the job description of a high-ranking FIFA official (same as IOC etc).
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:48 pm

If Germany did bribe FIFA to get the '06 tournament, I don't blame them. Clearly FIFA has been for some time been run by corruption and gg if you've realized that and used it to your advantage. What needs to change first is FIFA and then the biddng processes etc can change.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Art Morte wrote:If Germany did bribe FIFA to get the '06 tournament, I don't blame them. Clearly FIFA has been for some time been run by corruption and gg if you've realized that and used it to your advantage. What needs to change first is FIFA and then the biddng processes etc can change.
I wonder what your tone would be if it was Qatar instead of Germany Rolling Eyes
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Casciavit wrote:I wonder what your tone would be if it was Qatar instead of Germany Rolling Eyes
I actually thought about that when I posted and yes, I do admit that Germany getting the World Cup after a bit of bribing is much, much more okay with me than Qatar getting the same result.

Someone who deserves to host the WC and greasing the wheels a little to get it is more cool with me than someone getting it where it really shouldn't be held, even if they landed the tournament through the same means.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I wonder what your tone would be if it was Qatar instead of Germany Rolling Eyes
I actually thought about that when I posted and yes, I do admit that Germany getting the World Cup after a bit of bribing is much, much more okay with me than Qatar getting the same result.

Someone who deserves to host the WC and greasing the wheels a little to get it is more cool with me than someone getting it where it really shouldn't be held, even if they landed the tournament through the same means.

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 13 IySPC

This post is so illogical that it's painful.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:51 pm

What? You think Germany and Qatar are equally good places to hold a World Cup?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:32 am

I do business internationally and I am always amused when I hear that Latin Europe is corrupt. I have found that the British and Germans are far more corrupt than the Spanish and Italians. They are just better at it and their own investigative services are more likely to avoid pursuing investigations that might hurt business. Latin Europe, especially Italy, has investigative services who live for the day that they can bring down the big shots.

The English, Germans and other Northern Europeans are more clever corrupters and cheaters. For example, VW was able to cheat on emissions for diesel cars for nearly a decade and if someone had not talked, they would have gotten away with it.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:34 am

No one is more corrupt than the swiss and they are not latin.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:38 am

Good point, although they do have French and Italian cantons, to be fair.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 am

Which, to be fair, are in the minority.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:17 am

Did anyone ever really think that Platini wasn't corrupt?
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 am

Art Morte wrote:What? You think Germany and Qatar are equally good places to hold a World Cup?
I'm with you, and you could replace Germany with France, South Africa, or Brazil for that matter; all of them countries that could reasonably host a great World Cup. What the f*ck is Qatar doing in that list?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Today there was a DFB press conference with Wolfgang Niersbach, where he mentioned that FIFA demanded 10 mio Euros so that they would pay the DFB and the organisational comitee of the World Cup 2006 170 Mio Euros as support for the organisation.

I could obtain the first draft of the letter that was sent to Franz Beckenbauer about these proceedings:

FIFA Investigation and Elections Thread - Page 13 Th-sca10
click to enlarge
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:20 pm

Maybe we should model the WC after the Grand Prix Eurovision.

The next World Cup always is held in the country that won the last hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Niersbach's press conference is absolutely unbelievable and completely bizarre rofl rofl

They are in deep shit, most of all Franz rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:54 pm

"My name is Niersbach and I know nothing at all" XD

Some gems for the German speakers here:

Zeigler published this summary of Niersbach's most important statements:
- https://www.facebook.com/zeiglerswelt/videos/vb.273426262942/10153695746002943/?type=2&theater
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0gWzWRkos

Niersbach BS Bingo: https://twitter.com/fums_magazin/status/657164561401950208/photo/1
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:29 pm

breva wrote:I do business internationally and I am always amused when I hear that Latin Europe is corrupt. I have found that the British and Germans are far more corrupt than the Spanish and Italians. They are just better at it and their own investigative services are more likely to avoid pursuing investigations that might hurt business. Latin Europe, especially Italy, has investigative services who live for the day that they can bring down the big shots.

The English, Germans and other Northern Europeans are more clever corrupters and cheaters. For example, VW was able to cheat on emissions for diesel cars for nearly a decade and if someone had not talked, they would have gotten away with it.

Do you have any examples? Me, as a latin, I find that hard to believe. Being corrupt seems to be the national sport here. Even international corruption indexes put latin countries on the bottom (from rich countries).

Also, @BC why Swiss are corrupt in your opinion?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:14 pm

So apparently not only did Russia buy the 2018 WC, but the US bought the 2022 one, until Qatar essentially outbid them.

http://bit.ly/1LBGrWn

What a farce rofl
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next