A roundup of matches I just watched

2 posters

Go down

A roundup of matches I just watched  Empty A roundup of matches I just watched

Post by pasquale22 Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:42 pm

Newcastle 0 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea won 3-0 but I wasn't overly convinced. Sturridge was terrific, seems a real talent. His footwork is
Amazing but needs to work on his efficiency which I'm sure will come with time though.
Btw santon must start In future. Danny Simpson is awful. Ben Arfa will slowly get back to some good
Form whilst Cabaye will be disappointed with himself.
I enjoy Newcastle games alot. Just a great feel to the games they play

Genoa primavera 1-3 Juventus primavera

I missed a patch of the game and I'm pretty sure it was 3-0 however I heard it was 3-1 so wel go with that. Game was played at a very high tempo and both teams were aggressive. Standout performers were Sorensen ( seems very comfortable and assured) , Garcia, Ruggiero.

Padova 1-0 Torino

Ogbonna played really well and should not be playing serie b that's for sure. Assured, comfortable and distributed well with the ball. Other players I liked were D'Ambrosio, a right back from toro and another who I'm a big fan of is Giulio Donati. RB from Padova and inter youth product. Big fan of his and I'd expect to see him playing serie a next season. Lights went out 3 damn times and so RAI kept switching to another game which was..

Pescara 1-2 Grosseto

Entertaining game. Immobile missed a chance around the 78th min to put Pescara ahead which a few mins later grosseto went up the other end and scored. He did really well to get on the end of a pass 6yrds from
Goal but couldn't compose himself and skyed the shot over. Ciro fought hard but it just wasn't his night.

Hope I Havnt bored you. Just thought I'd share. Thought this could relate to alot topics and create discussion
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

A roundup of matches I just watched  Empty Re: A roundup of matches I just watched

Post by NavJuve Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:50 pm

pasquale22 wrote:Newcastle 0 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea won 3-0 but I wasn't overly convinced. Sturridge was terrific, seems a real talent. His footwork is
Amazing but needs to work on his efficiency which I'm sure will come with time though.
Btw santon must start In future. Danny Simpson is awful. Ben Arfa will slowly get back to some good
Form whilst Cabaye will be disappointed with himself.
I enjoy Newcastle games alot. Just a great feel to the games they play

I watched that game and to be fair, I think you we're abit harsh on Simpson. I think he had a good game, when Newcastle had the ball, he was always in space and was a threat to Chelsea with his crosses, almost like Litchsteiner. The first goal did come from his side but against Mata and Drogba, you can't really blame him. (The other two goals don't really count as Newcastle went for an all or nothing offensive).

And I was slightly disappointed at Sturridge, like you say, his efficiency was bad. Nine out of ten times he didn't look up and always went for the shot. I think he needs to learn how to pick a pass, the final pass to be more precise, plenty of talent though.
NavJuve
NavJuve
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down