Are there still people here that think Messi is the best ever?

+25
Zealous
Great Leader Sprucenuce
xabi
BarrileteCosmico
Albiceleste
Le Samourai
The Madrid One
Sushi Master
harhar11
Forza
inderbaby
The Verminator
the xcx
disait
Lord Hades
alexjanosik
Arquitecto
Harmonica
Ganso
kiranr
billionmillion
Senor Penguin
jibers
Bellabong
Vapotrini
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are there still people here that think Messi is the best ever? Empty Are there still people here that think Messi is the best ever?

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 am

As the topic asks... anyone here honestly still believe that?

Was watching a video of the great man tonight and couldn't help but think of this place.

With Barca you have 11 world class players to defend against. Sure in "his" day... you had great players like Careca to contend with, 1 or 2 players on the entire team, but at the end of the day you knew if you stopped 1 guy the party was pretty much done. Still with 3 guys constantly around hiim, 9 out of 10 times they couldn't do it.

FFS who would beat Maradona if he was on this Barcelona team? While some what respected, he just doesn't get enough respect on here. Messi? I'd take Maradona over Messi AND CR7 10 out of 10 times. Literally. You will all disagree but there's not a single thing he couldn't do that combined they could. NOT "ONE" FACKING THING!!!!

Diego will NEVER, EVER be forgotten by those who saw him play. Messi & Ronaldo? 10-15 years from now, others will come around to be compared to them. Diego will never be compared to, mark my words.

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Are there still people here that think Messi is the best ever? Empty Re: Are there still people here that think Messi is the best ever?

Post by Bellabong Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:33 am

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Are there still people here that think Messi is the best ever? Empty Re: Are there still people here that think Messi is the best ever?

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:34 am

Pele had an entire team around him. Need I name them? Thought not.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:36 am

Vapotrini wrote:Pele had an entire team around him. Need I name them? Thought not.

Maradona was alone against 11? Thought not... :coffee:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 am

jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:Pele had an entire team around him. Need I name them? Thought not.

That's what you and the rest don't get, he pretty much was.

Pele had world class players around him, super stars! Maradona, scrubs! Believe it! He'd make even you look like a super star.

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:40 am

Maradona was a drugged up poor man's Sarabia.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:46 am

Vapotrini stop mastrubating watching maradona videos. he didnt win WC alone. the fact is that he had World Cup winning squad. in 1978 Argentina won WC without maradona
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:52 am

Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

Pele had world class players around him, super stars! Maradona, scrubs! Believe it! He'd make even you look like a super star.

LOL. Right. If you watched the WC in 86 you will know that Argentina played their system around Maradona. Maradona for me is the greatest, but to cal the players he was with scrubs just shows your lack of respect.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:58 am

jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

LOL. Right. If you watched the WC in 86 you will know that Argentina played their system around Maradona. Maradona for me is the greatest, but to cal the players he was with scrubs just shows your lack of respect.

Well actually, I watched that WC live too. And yes, of course the team was built around him... every team he was on, was. Yet no one knew how to stop him, no matter what. That was/is precisely my point. He couldn't be stopped. You didn't have 10 other wc players to worry about, more or less just him. Yet he found a way to make a difference. Be it staying in midfield and making heroes out of people like Jorge Burruchaga or actually taking the game by the horns and scoring himself. The man was the ultimate leader.

Billionmillion, you're not worth it. Messi forever, I get it.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:17 am

Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

Well actually, I watched that WC live too. And yes, of course the team was built around him... every team he was on, was. Yet no one knew how to stop him, no matter what. That was/is precisely my point. He couldn't be stopped. You didn't have 10 other wc players to worry about, more or less just him. Yet he found a way to make a difference.

Lol you better gtfo. I just now watching maradona's games in the wc. he looks like a messi in slow motion. he is just a skilled player sometimes dribbles sometimes fails. missplacing passes just like everybody. also he is a diver look how he dives when bulgaria player doesnt even touch him. Stop living with nostalgia
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 am

Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

Well actually, I watched that WC live too. And yes, of course the team was built around him... every team he was on, was. Yet no one knew how to stop him, no matter what. That was/is precisely my point. He couldn't be stopped. You didn't have 10 other wc players to worry about, more or less just him. Yet he found a way to make a difference.

So Messi has 10 WC payers around him now? Pedro? Abidal? Busquets? Pique? Where were they in 2006-2008? Pique went forom United's bench to Barcelonas 1st team, who's idea was it? So he went from warming Vidic's backside to WC within a year? what magic happened? Hyperbolic time chamber? pedro was about to be sold by Barcelona. Who insisted he stayed?

My point being it takes a great manager to make a team work. You seem to thnk Barcelona would have worked without Guardiola. The key to Barcelona is not their individualism, but their act together as a collective. Messi is as important to Barceona as Maradona was to any of his teams, and it's even showing more now than ever.

The most important thing is the sytem and the training he implemented to maximise his teams abilities and that of Lionel Messi. Much like Bilardo did for Argentina. Prior to the change in sytem just before the WC, Argentina were awful and Maradona was still there was he not? Maradona was there in 82 when Gentile had him in his back pocket (through the dark arts of defending, but still...). The masterstroke was the mangers decision to make the team play through Maradona.

billionmillion wrote:Lol you better gtfo. I just now watching maradona's games in the wc. he looks like a messi in slow motion. he is just a skilled player sometimes dribbles sometimes fails. missplacing passes just like everybody. also he is a diver look how he dives when bulgaria player doesnt even touch him. Stop living with nostalgia

Maradona was a dirty SOB, he has been mastering the dark arts since his Boca days, but the amount of tackles that he took, makes a cold night in the Britannia look like a trip to Disney land. I mean, his career was amost ended in barcelona.

Last edited by jibers on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 am

By the way Billion, that's not a fact I'd go about boasting as it's sort of sore point with most... Not saying that I do but many people believed at the time that Argentina bought the final in '78:

A controversial fact surrounding the 1978 World Cup was that Argentina had suffered a military coup only two years before the cup. Because of this, some countries, most notably the Netherlands, considered publicly whether they should participate in the cup. Despite this, all teams eventually participated without restrictions. Allegations that Dutch star Johan Cruijff refused to participate because of political convictions were refuted by him 30 years later.[1] More controversy surrounded the host, Argentina, as all of their games in the first round kicked off at night, giving the Argentines the advantage of knowing where they stood in the group. This issue would arise again in Spain 1982, which prompted FIFA to change the rules so that the final two group games in subsequent World Cups would be played simultaneously.

"There were also allegations that the government of Argentina offered a large grain shipment to Peru in exchange for victory in their second-round match. Peru, having conceded six goals in their previous five games, proceeded to let in six against the hosts, allowing Argentina to reach the Final."

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 am

jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

So Messi has 10 WC payers around him now? Pedro? Abidal? Busquets? Pique? Where were they in 2006-2008? Pique went forom United's bench to Barcelonas 1st team, who's idea was it? So he went from warming Vidic's backside to WC within a year? what magic happened? Hyperbolic time chamber? pedro was about to be sold by Barcelona. Who insisted he stayed?

My point being it takes a great manager to make a team work. You seem to thnk Barcelona would have worked without Guardiola. The key to Barcelona is not their individualism, but their act together as a collective. Messi is as important to Barceona as Maradona was to any of his teams, and it's even showing more now than ever.

The most important thing is the sytem and the training he implemented to maximise his teams abilities and that of Lionel Messi. Much like Bilardo did for Argentina. Prior to the change in sytem just before the WC, Argentina were awful and Maradona was still there was he not? Maradona was there in 82 when Gentile had him in his back pocket (through the dark arts of defending, but still...). The masterstroke was the mangers decision to make the team play through Maradona.

billionmillion wrote:Lol you better gtfo. I just now watching maradona's games in the wc. he looks like a messi in slow motion. he is just a skilled player sometimes dribbles sometimes fails. missplacing passes just like everybody. also he is a diver look how he dives when bulgaria player doesnt even touch him. Stop living with nostalgia

Maradona was a dirty SOB, he has been mastering the dark arts since his Boca days, but the amount of tackles that he took, makes a cold night in the Britannia look like a trip to Disney land. I mean, his career was amost ended in barcelona.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Guardiallo in my eyes is average as a coach, at best - average. Great as a motivator though but tactically inept imo. However, I'm in my armchair making that call so it doesn't mean much to be fair.

That's besides the point though cause I think it should be more than clear by now: Maradona would SHINE on ANY team. Messi? Not so much. The team absolutely has to be built around Messi for him to shine.

Are you really comparing them? Name a single thing Messi can do that Maradona can't? Here's what Messi can't do that Maradona can... Free kicks, 60+ yard passes to his team mates shoe strings, actually open his mouth and LEAD, or lead by example, read the game and adjust his to adapt... seriously don't even begin to compare them. Messi is comparable to Maradona in dribbling only. That's the truth. And 250 goals for Barca isn't going to change that.

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:39 am

Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

I couldn't disagree with you more. Guardiallo in my eyes is average as a coach, at best - average. Great as a motivator though but tactically inept imo. However, I'm in my armchair making that call so it doesn't mean much to be fair.

That's besides the point though cause I think it should be more than clear by now: Maradona would SHINE on ANY team. Messi? Not so much. The team absolutely has to be built around Messi for him to shine.

Are you really comparing them? Name a single thing Messi can do that Maradona can't? Here's what Messi can't do that Maradona can... Free kicks, 60+ yard passes to his team mates shoe strings, actually open his mouth and LEAD, or lead by example, read the game and adjust his to adapt... seriously don't even begin to compare them. Messi is comparable to Maradona in dribbling only. That's the truth. And 250 goals for Barca isn't going to change that.

Dude chill. I still think that Maradona is the best player I have ever seen. CHillax a bit. Messi is not maradona. The times have changed. If you put that Maradona in todays football the way he was, he would get battered, simply because of the speed of the game, and the change in emphasis on fitness. Talent wise Maradona is the best for me.

Messi is Messi. Stop comparing them. Messi is the differnece between barceona and most teams. Without him, Barceona would not be anywhere near that level and Guardiola has confessed this several times. I dn't get your point anyways. Woud maradona work in todays footbal? For one thing he woud never play becasue he would probaby be suspended for drug abuse. Peope can think what they want to think. People that saw Pele say he is better than Maradona, people that saw Garrincha say he is better than Pele. That's the way the world is, people forget the old and hype up the current. What I can assure you is that in 20 years, eope will be caing ione Messis name as well. Sit and enjoy the ride instead of trying to derail him at every turn.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 am

jibers wrote:
Dude. Is till think that Maradona is the best player I have seen. CHillax a bit. Messi is not maradona. The times have changed. If you put that Maradona in todays football the way he was, he would get battered, simply because of the speed of the game, and the change in emphasis on fitness. Talent wise Maradona is the best for me.

Messi is Messi. Stop comparing them. Messi is the differnece between barceona and most teams. Without him, Barceona would not be anywhere near that leve and Guardiola has confessed this several times. I dn't get your point anyways. Woud maradona work in todays footbal? For one thing he woud never play becasue he would probaby be suspended for drug abuse. Peope can think what they want to think. People that saw Pee say he is better, people that saw Garrincha say he is better. That's the way the world is, people forget the old and hype up the new.

Awesome post. I agree, especially, the last part.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:55 am

kiranr wrote:
jibers wrote:
Dude. Is till think that Maradona is the best player I have seen. CHillax a bit. Messi is not maradona. The times have changed. If you put that Maradona in todays football the way he was, he would get battered, simply because of the speed of the game, and the change in emphasis on fitness. Talent wise Maradona is the best for me.

Messi is Messi. Stop comparing them. Messi is the differnece between barceona and most teams. Without him, Barceona would not be anywhere near that leve and Guardiola has confessed this several times. I dn't get your point anyways. Woud maradona work in todays footbal? For one thing he woud never play becasue he would probaby be suspended for drug abuse. Peope can think what they want to think. People that saw Pee say he is better, people that saw Garrincha say he is better. That's the way the world is, people forget the old and hype up the new.

Awesome post. I agree, especially, the last part.

x2!

Got to admit... Good stuff, well said.

Last edited by Vapotrini on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:56 am

Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

Maradona is slow than messi. he could not dribble today. that is the fact...
also messi is 10 times better scorer. most important messi is more dangerous player

another improtant thing is messi can play as a striker and midfielder. Maradona can not play as a striker. now its suitable time to bash messi isnt it? gtfo and stop coming and bashing messi when he has bad days and deceived by burger king
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vapotrini Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:57 am

billionmillion wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

Maradona is slow than messi. he could not dribble today. that is the fact...
also messi is 10 times better scorer. most important messi is more dangerous player

another improtant thing is messi can play as a striker and midfielder. Maradona can not play as a striker. now its suitable time to bash messi isnt it? gtfo and stop coming and bashing messi when he has bad days and deceived by burger king

:facepalm:

Vapotrini
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 am

Here we are again with maradona carrying teams in his back,that's bs and we should all know that by now

Last edited by Ganso on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:13 am

Ganso wrote:Here we are again with maradona carrying team in his back,that's bs and we should all know that by now

Don't realy know what he's trying to prove tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:32 am

Di Stefano for me is the best just because of what he did for the sport. Not only one of the greatest of all time he also put football on the map.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:39 am

Messi is actually Maradona + Pele + Cruyff + Best, together. It's just that game is more organized, demanding and harder to beat nowadays.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:41 am

Crimson wrote:Di Stefano for me is the best just because of what he did for the sport. Not only one of the greatest of all time he also put football on the map.

While its arguable that Di Stefano was the best, it was Meazza who truly and foremost put football on the map.

To be fair, ADS did his own fair share and further expanded upon it and substantially on that.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:
Vapotrini wrote:
jibers wrote:

The only thing Maradona has on Messi is freekicks.Thats it.Rest everything they are equal or Messi is better.
Passing lol.Watch some of the Barca matches this season.Messi pulls out 3,4 unbelievale passes every single game.
Messi is just as good a passer if not better.
And you just lost all credibility with the Pep is tactically inept comment.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:39 pm

messi has easily the best final third passing in the world
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum