Gil
hrealmadrid
Katy Perry
Highburied
Kick
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drogba to leave on a free? - Page 2 Empty Re: Drogba to leave on a free?

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 am

donttreadonred wrote:Is it me, or was the statement by his representative one of the most blatantly materialistic and selfish things that's ever been released by a sportsman. I mean, seriously... He's essentially declared his intent to prostitute himself for whatever club is willing to pull over/ pay up. This is disgusting. I lost A LOT of respect for Drogba today. I fully expected him to move after the season, and I could even foresee it being to a "lesser" league. However, I never expected his reps to say that he will make the decision purely based on the deal he is offered.

Xavi: "Drogba's wallet is suffering."

LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:32 am

sportsczy wrote:
Gil wrote:
sportsczy wrote:PSG... if he can accept splitting starts with Gameiro. I would be shocked if they didn't make a sizeable offer.

You really believe an OM legend would go to PSG? :facepalm:

Have no idea what you're talking about here dude.

He's a Marseille legend in other people's minds for some reason... he was there 1 season and scored 34 goals. They finished a disappointing 7th in the Ligue 1 standings. Europe saved their season. Drogba actually finished 3rd in scoring that year in France behind Cisse and Frei.

Most hardcore Marseille fans i know do not consider him a legend at all. They just brag that his breakout year was at Marseille.

There would be no issues with him going to PSG. Not a single one.
gil just got r@ped
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:36 am

My money is on MLS. I'd like to see him go back to Ligue 1, but I don't think they're going to give him the best deal. MLS is growing and hungry for star power. In addition, there's the perk of being able to live in L.A., New York, or Chicago. I believe Drogba has taken some of his off-season vacations in L.A. recently, but I'm not certain.

For the record, I never called him a whore. I said that I was disappointed that he would openly prostitute himself. We all know athletes in the later years look for the best deal possible. However, the manner in which his representatives released the message seemed classless and greedy to me. Much like a player who issues a "come and get me" call to other teams, it just seems unsavory. I see it differently than a player who quietly plays out the remainder of his contract and then moves to a lower league where they get playing time, a lucrative contract, and they can be the "star" for that club. In summary, it's not what he's doing, but how he's doing it.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:13 am

sportsczy wrote:
Gil wrote:
sportsczy wrote:PSG... if he can accept splitting starts with Gameiro. I would be shocked if they didn't make a sizeable offer.

He's a Marseille legend in other people's minds for some reason... he was there 1 season and scored 34 goals. They finished a disappointing 7th in the Ligue 1 standings. Europe saved their season. Drogba actually finished 3rd in scoring that year in France behind Cisse and Frei.

Most hardcore Marseille fans i know do not consider him a legend at all. They just brag that his breakout year was at Marseille.

That's not true at all. Drogba played only one year at Marseille but he is still one of the most beloved player there.

Him going to PSG would draw insane amount of hate and anger at Marseille. And Drogba absolutely love Marseille too. I can't imagine him going to PSG. If he comes back in France, it will be Marseille.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:47 am

Yeah, OM probably can't Afford him though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:58 am

OLpower wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Gil wrote:

That's not true at all. Drogba played only one year at Marseille but he is still one of the most beloved player there.

Him going to PSG would draw insane amount of hate and anger at Marseille. And Drogba absolutely love Marseille too. I can't imagine him going to PSG. If he comes back in France, it will be Marseille.

Again... he's not a legend. Anyone going to PSG is hated by Marseille. That's not a novelty. Every single Marseille fan i know loves him because it gives them bragging rights to the breakout of his career and they had a great European run. They like him a lot and would love to have him back. But they don't consider him as one of the team's all time greats in terms of his impact on the club. He was kind of a pop star. Now if Deschamps, Boli, Barthez or Papin had gone to PSG, then we're talking about hell breaking loose lol...

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:The eternal retirement home of football-AC Milan banana

I hope we get him .... he's way better than every Juve forward put toghether . :dance:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:52 pm

lol get him at arsenal Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:53 pm

Mourinho to use him as a third choice striker lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:56 pm

I reckon he will go to anzhi.

4-2-4 would be awesome with Zhirkov and dzsudzsak out wide and Drogba and Eto'o up front.

An attack many teams can only dream of.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum