Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Patrick Bateman
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Juve  - Page 2 Empty Re: Juve

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:54 am

Luca wrote:Definitely, Juventus could really use a LB and a CM in January.

I have the exact same concerns, this squad has MUCH more quality than the Juventus of last year but I do see parallels.
I mean, the squad is very dependent on the play of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal- there are no suitable backups to these three.

Last year it was Krasic, Quagliarella, Aquilani and Melo and we know how that went.

I fear most about Pirlo, he cannot be expected to play 38 games, especially at this level and I see no alternatives apart from playing a 4-4-2, throwing the wingers out there and having a Marchisio-Vidal partnership.

Hoping for the best

I personally want to see Pirlo rested during International breaks in order to ensure that he isn't burnt out or injured come the Euros. Whatever happens though, Juventus now need to build around this core. Inter and Milan have deeper midfields, however Juventus' first choice is my favourite by far and it brings clarity to Juventus' transfer strategy for the future when you have midfielders such as Marchisio and Vidal who can be permanent fixtures for years.

I personally like De Ceglie, however the fullback positions need work, though if one had to choose a weakness, it would be in these areas so the situation isn't too dire. Many clubs struggle to obtain strong left backs, so patience is required, though I still find it bizarre that Criscito was never seized upon by Juventus.

It will be great to see Juventus back in the Champions League, though I'm personally hoping that Napoli don't suffer for this. Roma don't have the defence to finish top three in my opinion, unless they strengthen in January to allow for an Udinese like charge up the table. Inter meanwhile are an unknown quantity, I'm not ruling anyone out this early.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:05 am

Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio

Dat Midfield Cool
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:29 am

It's so obvious how they'll start failing game after game that it hurts my eyes...Pirlo will get injured,no doubt about that and there's absolutely no replacement.For him or either Vidal or Marchisio...Injury of one of Licht or Chiellini will throw them of balance as well cause Barzagli/Bonucci are just a bit above average players and it will show eventually.Juve are only covered in attack,if they don't reinforce the midfield and defence they have no chance at Serie A.They don't play in Europe though which will give them some edge.Not all players will maintain this form,and Juve is counting on them all cause there aren't much individual difference makers in Juve right now.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:59 am

It's a fantastic turn-around they've made from last season, I thought they might finish 3rd or 4th and that's it. Of course they still might, but at the moment only Milan look like they will enter the title race with Juventus.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:23 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Thought they would win Serie A about a month ago........

Thier midfield if they can keep it fit is just leagues above the rest and Matri is extremely underrated.....

Thier only problem is that their squad is quite unbalanced.

Oh and Lichtsteiner is the best RB in Serie A.

Very good indeed, right behind Abate and his new son, Christ(ian).

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:10 am

*shakes head* You very obviously forget one big point about your team all the time with the players you praise... Heck, you have Gigi in goal! That counts for quite something, too!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:27 am

rwo power wrote:*shakes head* You very obviously forget one big point about your team all the time with the players you praise... Heck, you have Gigi in goal! That counts for quite something, too!

If you're not talking about German related football teams, you're talking about goalkeepers.

Buffon ftw
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:44 am

I started taking Juve serously after Palermo's game, last night game took me back to not taking them seriously, last night Juve played the most disappointing game a small teams mentality at it's best, 10 players after the ball, parking the bus and getting squeezed in your penalty area wont get you the title.

I know Lazio is an improved team, but thats not an excuse for the way Juve played last night, a penalty was not awarded for Lazio, Hernanes just bossed the entire Juve team and hit the post, Lazio with a slightly better luck would have walked away with all 3 points. Lets keep in mind that Lazio has only one player that can creat chances and get the ball to the forwards yet Juve found it difficult to contain him.

Anyway lets see how Juve performs against an "exuhusted" Napoli, if they pull a win then Juve is surely to be taken seriously as title challengers, if not then maybe top 4 spots as max.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:31 am

Ppl keep forgetting that our wingplay is not tested Elija,Krasic,Esti and Quagli still didn't get a shot, Bonucci is not first 11 material but he is not used to tactics in the 2nd half yesterday he was beast. also we got sorensen and Chiellini can play CB lets calm down there is January still where we get CB
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:08 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:If you're not talking about German related football teams, you're talking about goalkeepers.
Buffon ftw
Well, because these are the things that I like best about football. Juve actually are lucky they had/have my favourite Italian keepers - Dino Zoff in the past and now Gigi Buffon. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:30 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
Luca wrote:Definitely, Juventus could really use a LB and a CM in January.

I have the exact same concerns, this squad has MUCH more quality than the Juventus of last year but I do see parallels.
I mean, the squad is very dependent on the play of Pirlo, Marchisio and Vidal- there are no suitable backups to these three.

Last year it was Krasic, Quagliarella, Aquilani and Melo and we know how that went.

I fear most about Pirlo, he cannot be expected to play 38 games, especially at this level and I see no alternatives apart from playing a 4-4-2, throwing the wingers out there and having a Marchisio-Vidal partnership.

Hoping for the best

I personally want to see Pirlo rested during International breaks in order to ensure that he isn't burnt out or injured come the Euros. Whatever happens though, Juventus now need to build around this core. Inter and Milan have deeper midfields, however Juventus' first choice is my favourite by far and it brings clarity to Juventus' transfer strategy for the future when you have midfielders such as Marchisio and Vidal who can be permanent fixtures for years.

I personally like De Ceglie, however the fullback positions need work, though if one had to choose a weakness, it would be in these areas so the situation isn't too dire. Many clubs struggle to obtain strong left backs, so patience is required, though I still find it bizarre that Criscito was never seized upon by Juventus.

It will be great to see Juventus back in the Champions League, though I'm personally hoping that Napoli don't suffer for this. Roma don't have the defence to finish top three in my opinion, unless they strengthen in January to allow for an Udinese like charge up the table. Inter meanwhile are an unknown quantity, I'm not ruling anyone out this early.

Agreed about the Pirlo in international breaks part, I felt the same way when Prandelli played him against Poland and Uruguay for 90 minutes each time (if I recall correctly). Juventus lacks a deep midfield because the team was built for a 4-2-4/4-4-2, hence 5 wingers on the squad and 5 central midfielders. Pirlo's form, Marchisio's form and Vidal's form led to a formation chance, all three must start- leaving only Pazienza and Marrone on the bench.
So, Conte played one striker for a little while, it was Vucinic (against Milan and Chievo). Goals were not coming so he added Matri and dropped a winger, Vucinic played as a winger but not so much, he does his best work when he just floats in and out from the left. So, that meant 1 winger starts (Pepe) and 4 sit on the bench.

PDC started brightly enough but faded big time and just has not fought his way back in. Don't remind me about Criscito Sad such wasted talent by Juventus!

I think, at this point, Milan at the top, Juventus/Lazio/Napoli fighting for the other 2 spots. Inter will be there, Roma will be there and so will Udinese (against all odds) I also think Genoa will be up there too they are a strong team.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:14 pm

I am really pleased they are doing well and I hope they win the scudetto. I'm more pleased for their real fans who stood by them when they were relegated and weren't doing that well the past couple of seasons...like the fans on here and some of my relatives who support them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Weve beaten Milan, Inter, and Lazio this season already, and really beat up Palermo. I love Contes tactics, how he doesnt like long balls and likes to play out from the back. I think we need to integrate Elia and/or Krasic into the lineup, and sell two or three of Estigarribia, Giaccherini, Pepe, and Krasic/Elia. Then bring back Gio, Giandonato, and Pasquato, and buy a centerback and a leftback, and wed be set. I love the 433 with possession football too. I think the Scudetto right now is ours for the taking, but we still have a long way to go. I think we should try to look like this and we could compete with most teams in Europe.

GK: Buffon, Storari.
CB: Chiellini, Hummels, Bonucci, Barzagli.
FB: Lichsteiner, Caceres, De Ceglie, Grosso.
CM: Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Pazienza, Giandonato.
AM: Krasic, Estigarribia, Pepe, Pasquato, Giovinco.
FW: Quagliarella, Vucinic, Matri.

Play a 4-3-3 like we do now, it would leave plentyof spots for each player for fight for, it would be perfect.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Milan are still favourite for me but Juve have looked really impressive and Conte is doing a great job, so I wouldnt be surprised if Juve took it but like many have said, its still early in the year.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Same thing was said in the beginning of Ciro's reign

If the situation has not changed by February maybe I'll buy in
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:36 pm

yea and even last year they were top of the table til Quags got hurt and they fell apart.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:00 pm

As i said before us juve fans should be happy with just making top 3 this season, if we do manage to win serie then thats just a massive bonus.

For me i just want a top 3 spot with cl guaranteed so then next season we can add the few class additions we really need and then we should be set for a proper title challenge.

For now its to early to speak but so far so good.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:11 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with both of you about Juventus under Ciro and under Del Neri but this squad, although very reliant on some key players yet again, does have more quality. And the belief that Conte has brought to Juventus compared to both Ciro and Del Neri must be noted, whether it will be sustained is another story altogether.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2