Zealous
Doc
Mr Nick09
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barca tried to Sign Mou in 2008 Empty Barca tried to Sign Mou in 2008

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:09 pm

It's from an interview of Marc Ingla, former barca vice president under Laporta.

Jose was a strong candidate to replace Rijkaard, after he left Chelsea. In fact, Jorge Mendes tried really hard to position Mou as candidate for the job, so the intent was greater on his side.

Jose wanted someone who knew the club from the inside as his assistant, he wanted Pep Guardiola or Luis Enrique if that wasnt possible.

He had a long meeting with Barca board, they wanted him, but they were concerned with his aggressive approach with the medias. He said he wasnt going to change, and so it disqualified him for the job.

Mou is butthurt barca didnt take him, so now he is working to destroy them :lol!:

via ElConfidencial
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barca tried to Sign Mou in 2008 Empty Re: Barca tried to Sign Mou in 2008

Post by Doc Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:13 pm

First off, Callejon is so awesome. Secondly, Barcelona made the correct decision in the end I guess. All with the power of hindsight of course, doubt anyone thought Pep really would have been this successful...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Callejon :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Guardiola is not worthy to be Mou's assistant. Wise chose from Jose. :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Barca were impressed because he mindf**ked Guardiola in the press conference in 2005.

"When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it. When Didier Drogba was sent off I wasn't surprised."

“My history as a manager cannot be compared with Frank Rijkaard’s history. He has zero trophies and I have a lot of them.”

They had to at least try after that :bow:

Last edited by ragbirjosh on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:34 pm

LOL MOU AS MANAGER AND GUARDIOLA AS HIS ASSISTANT LMAO
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:36 pm

If Barca "wanted him" they would have signed him. They did there due diligence and spoke with the best coach's in the world like every big team should do and IMO picked the better candidate FOR BARCA.

The reason they didn't pick him had nothing to do with football and everything to do with his personality and again they were correct as he has made an ass out of himself at Madrid and IMO he made an ass out of the most respected club in the world in the process.

He's still the best manager in the world at the best guy to manage Madrid at this point in time but i still wish more Madrid supporters would recognize his bad side even though a lot do.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:LOL MOU AS MANAGER AND GUARDIOLA AS HIS ASSISTANT LMAO

They would either win everything every year or completely flop lol.

One wants to defend with 11 men the other wants to whore out possesion football.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:39 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:Barca were butthurt because he mindf**ked Guardiola in the press conference in 2005.

"When I saw Rijkaard entering the referee's dressing room I couldn't believe it. When Didier Drogba was sent off I wasn't surprised."

“My history as a manager cannot be compared with Frank Rijkaard’s history. He has zero trophies and I have a lot of them.”

They had to at least try after that :bow:

I don't get it? They interviewed him and by all accounts he was one of there top choices. Where is the "butthurt" or did you just want an excuse to post that quote?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:42 pm

^ I edited. Happy?

Learn to spot then decipher Sarcasm/Humor.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:47 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:^ I edited. Happy?

Learn to spot then decipher Sarcasm/Humor.

OK, it's better now that it's edited. Sorry I didn't spot the humor in it, it might have something to do with the fact that it wasn't funny. But in all seriousness people are using "butthurt" way too much on here, I don't think anyone knows what it even means anymore.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:48 pm

dnmac4 wrote:IMO he made an ass out of the most respected club in the world in the process.

He's still the best manager in the world at the best guy to manage Madrid at this point in time but i still wish more Madrid supporters would recognize his bad side even though a lot do.

Could of fooled me. Everyone in Madrid adores the man.

Seriously they'd take a bullet for him.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:49 pm

*waiting for the xavi quotes*
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Zealous wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:IMO he made an ass out of the most respected club in the world in the process.

What fooled you?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:57 pm

zizzle wrote:*waiting for the xavi quotes*

Xavi: Pep will be remembered for football, mourning will be remembered for trophies...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:01 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

What fooled you?

Well the Mourinho chants are a good start. Signs saying "Your finger points the way" and stuff like that.

I for one have nothing but adoration for him. He gave us our prestige back. The only way you get that back is by doing it on the pitch. While before teams fancied their chances against us, now they think twice about it.

There are enough classy moments and quotes from Jose to endear him to most Madridistas and his antics have already made him a legend among the hardcore fan base.

Granted some guys just don't like him but he doesn't give a f*ck. That attitude is very likeable when he's on your team and there is definitely a large group who hope he stays and wins many trophies here.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:06 pm

jibers wrote:
zizzle wrote:*waiting for the xavi quotes*

Xavi: Pep will be remembered for football, mourning will be remembered for trophies...

Xavi: Defending is a part of the game
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Zealous wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

What fooled you?

Well the Mourinho chants are a good start. Signs saying "Your finger points the way" and stuff like that.

I for one have nothing but adoration for him. He gave us our prestige back. The only way you get that back is by doing it on the pitch. While before teams fancied their chances against us, now they think twice about it.

There are enough classy moments and quotes from Jose to endear him to most Madridistas and his antics have already made him a legend among the hardcore fan base.

Granted some guys just don't like him but he doesn't give a f*ck. That attitude is very likeable when he's on your team and there is definitely a large group who hope he stays and wins many trophies here.

I still don't get what your trying say?

I said he's the best manager in the world and the best manager for Madrid at this point in time but that I wish more Madrid fans would recognize his bad side.

Are you saying he doesn't have a bad side and when he went after a Barca coach and punched him during a game and claimed a league wide conspiracy to help Barca win trophies with out one shred of evidence and claimed other La Liga coaches were in on it then got beat by the same coach and getting suspended multiple times by La Liga and UEFA and also not being able to have press confrences because he couldn't control himself like an 8 year old these didn't expose it or embarrass Madrid? Oh I forgot, he also said Pep had to cheat to win all his CL trophies and none were legit when Pep has been nothing but polite to him and never said anything negative about him. Let's not forget he's only been here 2 years thats shocking as these are enough "incident's" for a coach's whole career.

Because I know for a fact the club spoke with him about it and many members of the club and fans were embarassed by these actions and it seems to be the exact reason Barca chose Pep instead not to mention I'm sure Pep was much cheaper and I'm not stupid enough to think that didn't come in to the decision.

Again, I;m not slamming Mou here just trying to understand what your saying.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:25 pm

Those bad things are exactly what Madrid fans like about him lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:32 pm

Zealous wrote:Those bad things are exactly what Madrid fans like about him lol

:dance: :mental: :dance:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 pm

HAHA, lets be real. They like the winning. Let's see how much they like it if they don't win La Liga or the CL this year.

And I wouldn't speak for all Madrid fans if I were you as a lot of fans on this site and former players, coach's, and board members didn't find those acts very entertaining. I think maybe you are having a selective memory.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Mourinios antics are like Pep's possession style..........they bring results......the only difference is one Of them is actually entertaining......
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:07 pm

funny how barca choose not to go for mou because he creates a bad media image... yet barca ended up with a far worse media image than madrid despite having guardiola who is good with media. although i guess you could say if you added barca's diving, playacting and help from officials and they had mou as manager they would be much more hated than they are with guardiola
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:53 pm

belive it or not andii, real madrid have a much worse image than barca, atleast in spain. Just see the difference of how fans of other team recieve real madrid and their players, then compared it to how barca are recieved.
Our players gets standing ovation(messi vs atletico de madrid, iniesta and xavi countless of times) while their best player gets called "hijo de p*ta", "die" etc and its not like its only cristiano that gets called "hijo de p*ta", their most respected player, casillas, has been called that as well and they have thrown stuff at him as well.

Not to mention the survey that AS (pro madrid paper) made, where it showed that for the first time, barca was the most popular team in spain and that real madrid were more hated barca..

yes barca have player that dives and worsen the image of the club but so has every club, especially real madrid, you know with player like dive maria, cristiano ronaldo, marcelo and on top of that they have butchers like pepe, arbeloa, sergio ramos, alonso and carvalho..

Last edited by harhar11 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:59 pm

I thought this was common knowledge? Rosell actually wanted to sign Mou, but Laporta put his faith on Cruyff's election of Pep. This caused a huge uproar, which almost got Laporta out of office soon. The real reason why they didn't get Mou though was wages, not approach to media.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next