shinigami99
ToEy
windkick
68 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer Rumors

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Does anyone else think signing Villa at that age for that amount of money (€40 million) was stupid? I remember Barcelona were closing the deal for the same amount a year earlier but they decided to spend almost twice as much and sign Ibrahimović instead.

I hope nobody signs Muniain. I want Athletic to keep their squad like this for a while. Despite having to work so hard with so many limitations, they are a fantastic team and it is only unfair for Athletic to have their players taken away. But until sports broadcasting rights in Spain doesn't change, I can see the top two signing anyone they pick from others.

Finding a good LB these days is like finding a nail in a warehouse, especially if you want to replace someone like Abidal. Any suggestions?

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:30 pm

danyjr wrote:Does anyone else think signing Villa at that age for that amount of money (€40 million) was stupid? I remember Barcelona were closing the deal for the same amount a year earlier but they decided to spend almost twice as much and sign Ibrahimović instead.

Yup, that was retarted move. We should have signed Aguero or Benzema after treble season, and we should have signed Kun after Zlatan fiasco. Signing 29 year old Ibra and Villa were bad business tbh, Zlatan was complete failure, Villa's signing wasn't hit or flop, medium success but not worth the price. For 40 M I expected better performances. Hopefully we won't buy Van Persie or another forward that will soon reach his 30 in the near future.

As for latest signings goes, Mascherano > all.

Last edited by matpol on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kabarca Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:46 pm

I agree that we should of have signed Kun but I dont regret siging Villa one bit he was great for us last season and helped us win the league CL double and cant really blame the guy for getting injured
kabarca
kabarca
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:04 pm

Christian Ansaldi of Rubin Kazan is good but nobody notices him. He is one option. Lahm is good but Bayern aren't going to let him go.
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Why didn't we sign Andrada?

Seriously from these videos just from him with the youth NT he looks world class lol.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Isn't he the guy from Lanús? He's quality.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:00 am

We didn't sign Andrada because Lanus were asking for 4M and we were not willing to pay that.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:24 am

Well, we are playing them in a few minutes. Definitely gonna keep an eye on Andrada.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:28 am

He's not playing, Marchesin is, I think Andrada is 3rd or 2nd choice.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:36 am

He ain't even on the bench! And they were asking €4 million for him?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Sell Alexis or Villa, buy Muniain (3 goals this season?) :facepalm:

Buy out of form and slow Hummels to partner out of form and slow Pique :facepalm:

40m a waste of Villa? When has buying the best striker on the planet ever been bad when they played up to their level?

Sign Aguero, a guy who his entire career plays center and does his best work in the center...and then play him wide...

Making my brain hurt.....
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:52 pm

Apparently Barca have a pre contract agreement for Neymar and Alba.

Barca have already paid for Neymar and if Alba renews his contract then Barca would have to pay 15m for him.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:02 am

Had Andrada played I'm sure they wouldn't have conceded this goal :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:12 am

Neymar for 2014, lets hope he has matured as a player and progress as a player when at Barca. Alba on the other hand will be great though as I said he will be bought next season though Im sure Muniesa will be lacking a few games with the arrival though I know fans such as yourselfs do not want him
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:10 pm

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/barca-tras-los-pasos-nicolas-tagliafico-1608501

Barca apparently following Argentine LB Nicolas Tagliafico, 19, from Banfield.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:05 pm

BarrileteCosmico (or any other Argentinian), can you tell us some more about this kid? I see he's short, but I assume it would be a Barça B purchase.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:16 pm

@Windkick

I'm sorry but, Alexis is only 23. The huge fee is partly due to Udinese's hard-ball dealing but I look at it as a long term investment, I am confident in him turning into a great player here. He hasn't played constant games cause of recurring injuries, but when he hits his stride he plays great games. (Bay. Leverkusen, Sociedad, Betis, Real Madrid (1-3)).

Are you looking at him as a goalscorer or as the player? It's known he's not the best shot taker around, but his movement, link-up, and unmatchable workrate is essential to the system. Alexis drags defenders around which sets aside pressure reserved for Messi.

Just give him time, I've been watching him since 06, and it seems in every first season at a club, he plays it incredibly safe and then saves his best football later. Once he understands his role and gets that link with Alves established we will see the Alexis of 2010-2011 with Isla here, with Alves.

Don't know why you put Muniain up there as a fast, hungry, winger when Alexis is just, if not better the player lol..

As I see it now, Masche is going to take Puyol's role after his service is over. He lacks the aerial prowess, but he's been huge in his games, constantly coming up as a top performer, I think the money should be set aside until it really conerns us.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:01 pm

Exactly, long term investment.

Sounding like Madrid fans crying about the 30m spent on Benzema, forgetting he in his early 20's and with a 4 year contract.

Barca didnt sign him for 1 season.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:BarrileteCosmico (or any other Argentinian), can you tell us some more about this kid? I see he's short, but I assume it would be a Barça B purchase.
I haven't watched him much but as far as I remember he likes attacking. Very quick and good at dribbling and works very hard down the wing. Quite short, however. Didn't impress me enough to go 'wow' when I watched him. Probably Barcelona B material - for now at least.

Regarding Sánchez, I knew from the start he wasn't fit for tiki-taka because his passing has never been up to Barcelona standards in my opinion. But you could say the same about Mascherano and he has really improved. Alexis should really work on his passing and learn how the team plays, but nevertheless he can bring a lot of other stuff to the team. I don't think he has had enough freedom to do what he is good at. He tore defences apart in Serie A. I just think he is too cautious at the moment.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Danny7 wrote:@Windkick

I'm sorry but, Alexis is only 23. The huge fee is partly due to Udinese's hard-ball dealing but I look at it as a long term investment, I am confident in him turning into a great player here. He hasn't played constant games cause of recurring injuries, but when he hits his stride he plays great games. (Bay. Leverkusen, Sociedad, Betis, Real Madrid (1-3)).

Are you looking at him as a goalscorer or as the player? It's known he's not the best shot taker around, but his movement, link-up, and unmatchable workrate is essential to the system. Alexis drags defenders around which sets aside pressure reserved for Messi.

Just give him time, I've been watching him since 06, and it seems in every first season at a club, he plays it incredibly safe and then saves his best football later. Once he understands his role and gets that link with Alves established we will see the Alexis of 2010-2011 with Isla here, with Alves.

Don't know why you put Muniain up there as a fast, hungry, winger when Alexis is just, if not better the player lol..

As I see it now, Masche is going to take Puyol's role after his service is over. He lacks the aerial prowess, but he's been huge in his games, constantly coming up as a top performer, I think the money should be set aside until it really conerns us.

My problem with Alexis is that he never really fit the Barca mold of play. I understand in investing in a player and letting him adapt in the long term. But with Alexis we invested in a player that didn't really fit our possession play in the first place. So it's not like we invested in a player that all he has to do now is adapt to our system and go with it. We invested in a player that has to completely learn a new system before he can really do anything to contribute to it. So, I don't feel comfortable having him running around in the front of our attack for 2 or so seasons to see if he ever "gets it". That makes no sense to me
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:46 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:BarrileteCosmico (or any other Argentinian), can you tell us some more about this kid? I see he's short, but I assume it would be a Barça B purchase.
I posted about him in the international section:

Albiceleste wrote:He was pretty good in the U20 world cup, thought he missed the penalty that put us out after we were up by two penalties

Anyway, he has a great cross and can defend pretty superbly, he is pretty short so he isn't great in the air, he also covers alot of ground he has alves/zanetti-esque stamina, he's a pretty good all around player, I need to see more of him but from what I've seen I think I can agree that he has potential.

I think he would be 3rd choice at first if he actually came to Barca, or maybe he would go straight to Barca B, who knows. Grimaldo is still young but he will be starting to knock on the door of the first team before we know it so I don't know if Barcelona will want to buy another LB.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Great, thanks for the info. Wonder if there's any truth about behind it.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumors  - Page 14 Empty Barcelona Should Sign Lavezzi

Post by MarkMead Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Barcelona should sign Lavezzi before Spurs! He will not fit in the Premier League he plays fluent football and the Spanish League will give him that freedom the play fluently, who agrees?
MarkMead
MarkMead
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Ps.. why is your post reported..?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkMead Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:23 pm

is it!?!?!
MarkMead
MarkMead
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Don't really know.

Anyways with the amount of forwards on the team I can't see where the space is for him. I like him as a player quite a lot, and although having him would be a plus, I don't think we need him. Also I question the level of his passing game would be up for the challenge of playing at Barca.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next