What is the best side of Premier League era?

+35
vivabarca38
The Franchise
che
StevieRayVaughan
Lord Awesome
Abramovich
aford92
Superstone Mariomintsch
kiranr
xabi
Ali
Raptorgunner
Gil
julias
beatrixasdfghjk.
VanDeezNuts
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Dnmac4
goonbrain
El Chelsea Fuerte
RED
Highburied
Le Samourai
Babun
The Madrid One
mzamani
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
RealGunner
Zealous
gunner1987
REWB
jibers
Iceman
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sushi Master
39 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Best Side of Premier League Era>?

What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_lcap19%What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 13 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_lcap3%What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_lcap42%What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 29 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_lcap3%What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_lcap14%What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 10 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_lcap7%What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_lcap12%What is the best side of Premier League era? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 69

What is the best side of Premier League era? Empty What is the best side of Premier League era?

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:25 pm

since 1992.

Back to top Go down

What is the best side of Premier League era? Empty Re: What is the best side of Premier League era?

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I find your lack of Stoke City disturbing.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

What is the best side of Premier League era? Empty Re: What is the best side of Premier League era?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I find your lack of Stoke City disturbing.

They were easily dispatched by NUFC 2011 :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I find your lack of Stoke City disturbing.

They were easily dispatched by NUFC 2011 :coffee:
Obviously due to their awesomeness in the EL.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:40 pm

You should not have allowed Arsenal fans to vote
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 pm

It';s between chelsea 04/05, United 08 and United 99 tbh. Invincibles? No chance. They won just the prem and couln't even sustain it. Chelsea revolutionised tactics in the prem and I owe Uniteds 08 tactical development and Fergie finally getting it right in Europ on a consistent Basis down to them. They lost once and broke every record in the prem, managed to win other trophies and their cycle didn't end after one season. Invincibles were 1 season wonders. If you can't sustain a cycle your not a great team.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:52 pm

jibers wrote:It';s between chelsea 04/05, United 08 and United 99 tbh. Invincibles? No chance. They won just the prem and couln't even sustain it. Chelsea revolutionised tactics in the prem and I owe Uniteds 08 tactical development and Fergie finally getting it right in Europ on a consistent Basis down to them. They lost once and broke every record in the prem, managed to win other trophies and their cycle didn't end after one season. Invincibles were 1 season wonders. If you can't sustain a cycle your not a great team.

invincibles had the best team on paper and they were unlucky not to win CL, if you watched football back then you would know this. U mad? :dance:

that united 08 team? lol so what they won the treble but, you really think they were better then the invincibes? you think that team could beat a team with the likes of henry, berkamp, pires, viera, etc loool.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 pm

jibers wrote:It';s between chelsea 04/05, United 08 and United 99 tbh. Invincibles? No chance. They won just the prem and couln't even sustain it. Chelsea revolutionised tactics in the prem and I owe Uniteds 08 tactical development and Fergie finally getting it right in Europ on a consistent Basis down to them. They lost once and broke every record in the prem, managed to win other trophies and their cycle didn't end after one season. Invincibles were 1 season wonders. If you can't sustain a cycle your not a great team.

IMO judging a side, like what is specified in this post topic, means judging a team on their accomplishments during that specific season. What you are saying is looking at the club over a few seasons, 2-3 or so. Hard to compare the two.

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:57 pm

Iceman wrote:You should not have allowed Arsenal fans to vote

thats impossible, as there is no system on the forum that allows this to happen :dance:
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:05 pm

United '99 wins this easily IMO.

Lost less times that Arsenal's "invicncibles" in one season Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:17 pm

gunner1987 wrote:

IMO judging a side, like what is specified in this post topic, means judging a team on their accomplishments during that specific season. What you are saying is looking at the club over a few seasons, 2-3 or so. Hard to compare the two.

Fair enough I would make it clearer then

Win Loss Draw Goals Scored Goals Conceded Points

United 08 27 5 6 80 22 87
Won the prem, Champions league

Chelsea 05 29 1 8 72 15 95
Won The prem and the League cup

Arsenal 04 26 0 12 73 26 90
Won the prem

United 99 24 6 8 79 31 80
Won The Prem, Fa Cup and Champions league

Conclusion Chelsea 04 without question. Most points in prem History, Most wins and fewest goals conceded. They revolutionised tactics in the prem. Invincibles drew a lot and conceded more than 08. Plus look at the competiton, Chelsea were pushing United at home and in Europe, United was going through a transitional period. ANyone that says Arsenal is, forgive y language, a biased moron. Being undefeated means sod all. Chelsea were a much better team and dominated the league, Arsenal didn't dominate, hell they had to salvage a draw on their last game.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:

invincibles had the best team on paper and they were unlucky not to win CL, if you watched football back then you would know this. U mad? :dance:

that united 08 team? lol so what they won the treble but, you really think they were better then the invincibes? you think that team could beat a team with the likes of henry, berkamp, pires, viera, etc loool.

Hmm lets see, a team that won the CL and the league vs a team that was scraping draws left right and centre and could win nothing elsewhere? Yes United are simply better. Chelsea would wipe the floor with you as they did when Mou came. Statistically they are the best team in the prems history, what where the invincibles doing the following season? Please, I've show you the objective table and you give me drivel about the players you had. Did arsenal not have theres players when they didnt win the league the year before or am i worng? Did they not have most of these players in 07 when United where champs and in from 03-06? Jog it on. Whn Arsene wins a Cl come call me, the invincibles wouldnt even make top 20 teams of all time ffs.

O yea, i forgot in 99 we only beat a juve team that had reached the cl 3 consecuitve times in the semis. What did arsenal do? Tha's what I thought. That's your only claim to fame. We never lost but we won sod all apart from the prem. Chelsea where better than you and had far more effect on the prem. Arsenal beat Barcelona last season in the emirates, now sit there and tellm me that the invincibles are better than the barca team of last year then everyone would be convinced your on some powerful shit. Heroin quite possibly.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Arsenal didn't dominate the league but somehow ended up as Invincibles :facepalm:

Being Undefeated means Sod all ? How come man utd have never done it then ? Nor Chelsea in their "glorious" 04 Season ?

I think you dont quite remember what happend in that season. Chelsea didn't dominate the league. Arsenal were on course to winning the league again, We were 5 points clear of Chelsea and 7 points clear of Man utd by October. Then When you bought the referee to End our Run as usual, We went on a bad run of results and then Chelsea overtook us along with you guys. We did catch up in the end but it was too late

They didn't revolutionise anything, unless u call spending 80m+ on players Revolutionary ?

No player from that 04 season would get into Arsenal invincibles team.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:41 pm

RealGunner wrote:Arsenal didn't dominate the league but somehow ended up as Invincibles :facepalm:

Being Undefeated means Sod all ? How come man utd have never done it then ? Nor Chelsea in their "glorious" 04 Season ?

I think you dont quite remember what happend in that season. Chelsea didn't dominate the league. Arsenal were on course to winning the league again, We were 5 points clear of Chelsea and 7 points clear of Man utd by October. Then When you bought the referee to End our Run as usual, We went on a bad run of results and then Chelsea overtook us along with you guys. We did catch up in the end but it was too late

They didn't revolutionise anything, unless u call spending 80m+ on players Revolutionary ?

No player from that 04 season would get into Arsenal invincibles team.

lol, if i rememebr correctly and I do as clear as day, on the last game of the 04 season pires dived to win a penalty when you were down 2-1. Lol. Chelsea brought the 4-3-3 to the league and made the premiership teams big boys change tactically, especially us. No surprise that we started being more tactical in Europe, SAF even said it in an interview a while back that chelsea made United evoleve and it benefited us, where arsenal peaked after 1 glorious seaosn. 12 draws isn't domination, Having the most points, the fewest goals conceded in the premiership histroy with 1 loss is. CHelsea 05 > Arsenal. You coulnd't even beat our crap United team and would have lost had RVN converted that penalty. SO there. Keep calling refs. Your whole invincible tag is built on Pires dive in the final game ffs. talk about pot calling kettle black, but i expect an arsenal fan who hasn't won anything in years to try and cling on to past glories. The irony in Rooney diving to end that unbeaten run cannot be ovverstated.

Last edited by jibers on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Just to be awkward im gonna say Blackburns 94-95 team
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:53 pm

For starters, that Chelsea team of 04-05 is vastly overrated. people forget that we were leading the league for at least 40% of that season, so i dont know how that translate to dominating. and the same Chelsea could not beat us. so if you think there were better, you are basing it on what? Carling cup?

The same as United 08 team. again people seem to forget that we were on top for 70% of that season. United were not even the best team for 70% of that season ffs.

compare that to the Invincibles, and were basically the best team for the whole season. also, just like Chelsea in 05, we won the league with a lot of points. you mention the 5 point difference as if it is 20

mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:56 pm

mzamani wrote:For starters, that Chelsea team of 04-05 is vastly overrated. people forget that we were leading the league for at least 40% of that season, so i dont know how that translate to dominating. and the same Chelsea could not beat us. so if you think there were better, you are basing it on what? Carling cup?

The same as United 08 team. again people seem to forget that we were on top for 70% of that season. United were not even the best team for 70% of that season ffs.

compare that to the Invincibles, and were basically the best team for the whole season. also, just like Chelsea in 05, we won the league with a lot of points. you mention the 5 point difference as if it is 20

End ot the day statistically they were the bbetter team. End of. The prem is a marathon not a sprint. Whose fault is it that Arsenal can't hold it together? United 08 won the prem and were the reigning champs and for added bonus we won something you invincibles never won, a cl. Chelsea had more points, hand conceded less and scored one more less goal, of course they were better. Your team had 12 draws. 12...Calling arsenal the best team in the prem era is like calling United 08 the best team in the UCL era because we went unbeaten as well. Hog wash. Using one stat to judge teams. Chelsea 5 were superior, united 08 won more. Invincibles where found out and Arsenal have failed conssistently at the highest level ever since.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:00 am

And what else did Chelsea win that season? Carling cup?

You mean go unbeaten for two seasons?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:02 am

chelsea 04-05
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:02 am

mzamani wrote:

And what else did Chelsea win that season? Carling cup?

You mean go unbeaten for two seasons?

two season? I guess I was dreaming when we ended your run wasn't I. so it was two season eh? Again, I have put out the stas for all to see, chelsea had one more loss and half the draws than the almight invincibles. They managed to win the prem multiple times, they have the best defensive record in EPL history and thye scored 1 more fewr goals for a supposedly defensive team and seeing as people her regard the invincibles as some sort of attacking godly team. Stats don't lie. Having 0 in the loss column doesn't make up for you failing in the goals conceded, pioonts won and draws had department. Stop being biased and accept it.

Last edited by jibers on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:05 am

United never played football. They were always about PTB and counter attack against any semi decent side in Europe or EPL Very Happy
Arsenal actually played football= the best side in EPL Very Happy
By the way, they didn't learn those tactics from Chelski or Mou, Italian teams had long practised those and won many trophies by sitting back and playing dirty Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:07 am

jibers wrote:
mzamani wrote:For starters, that Chelsea team of 04-05 is vastly overrated. people forget that we were leading the league for at least 40% of that season, so i dont know how that translate to dominating. and the same Chelsea could not beat us. so if you think there were better, you are basing it on what? Carling cup?

End ot the day statistically they were the bbetter team. End of. The prem is a marathon not a sprint
. Whose fault is it that Arsenal can't hold it together? United 08 won the prem and were the reigning champs and for added bonus we won something you invincibles never won, a cl. Chelsea had more points, hand conceded less and scored one more less goal, of course they were better. Your team had 12 draws. 12...Calling arsenal the best team in the prem era is like calling United 08 the best team in the UCL era because we went unbeaten as well. Hog wash. Using one stat to judge teams. Chelsea 5 were superior, united 08 won more. Invincibles where found out and Arsenal have failed conssistently at the highest level ever since.

So would you say that a team that dominates a game with 70 percent possion and lose in the last 10 minutes was not the better team? just because they won more does not mean they were better.

so now you want to compare a knockout competition of 13 games with 38 PL games?

mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:09 am

mzamani wrote:
jibers wrote:

End ot the day statistically they were the bbetter team. End of. The prem is a marathon not a sprint
. Whose fault is it that Arsenal can't hold it together? United 08 won the prem and were the reigning champs and for added bonus we won something you invincibles never won, a cl. Chelsea had more points, hand conceded less and scored one more less goal, of course they were better. Your team had 12 draws. 12...Calling arsenal the best team in the prem era is like calling United 08 the best team in the UCL era because we went unbeaten as well. Hog wash. Using one stat to judge teams. Chelsea 5 were superior, united 08 won more. Invincibles where found out and Arsenal have failed conssistently at the highest level ever since.

So would you say that a team that dominates a game with 70 percent possion and lose in the last 10 minutes was not the better team? just because they won more does not mean they were better.

so now you want to compare a knockout competition of 13 games with 38 PL games?

lol 70% possession? Now I kow you didn't watch any arsenal games that season. So what makes you better? 0 in the loss column? LOL.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:11 am

babun1024 wrote:United never played football. They were always about PTB and counter attack against any semi decent side in Europe or EPL Very Happy
By the way, they didn't learn those tactics from Chelski or Mou, Italian teams had long practised those and won many trophies by sitting back and playing dirty Very Happy

lol, johg it on Babun, Arsenal played on the counter as well, hell thats how henry scored most of his golas ffs. And so Moudrid don't play football consider Mou has built your team based on countering? A fail ia a fail, and you win. Very Happy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 am

jibers wrote:
babun1024 wrote:United never played football. They were always about PTB and counter attack against any semi decent side in Europe or EPL Very Happy

lol, johg it on Babun, Arsenal played on the counter as well, hell thats how henry scored most of his golas ffs. And so Moudrid don't play football consider Mou has built your team based on countering? A fail ia a fail, and you win. Very Happy
You didn't get me. Countering doesn't mean park the bus against any half decent team. That's how United play Very Happy We don't park the bus, same with Arsenal at that time Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next