To dive.. Or not to dive..

4 posters

Go down

To dive.. Or not to dive.. Empty To dive.. Or not to dive..

Post by CaseyBoi Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Watching Wolves Vs Wigan currently and al-hasbi came rushing out of his goal at Stephen hunt and made contact with hunt. Now 9 out of 10 players would have gone down, arms in the air like a swan and earned their team a 'just' penalty. (because there was contact, enough for a stonewall penalty IF he had not tried to carry on with the game)

But Hunt like a top man stayed on his feet and still tried to capitalise on hasbi's mistake but failed to create a goal and the ball went out for a goalkick.

Now, if that was a player for the team you support would you be horrified that your player didn't go down and give your team a chance for 1-0 lead at home or would you rather have the honest player but obviously not recieve a penalty?

It just had me thinking because it looked as if the wolves players were distraught that Hunt didn't go down.

Just makes you think, cause EVERYONE knows when you go to ground your basically going to get a peno call or something like that. UEFA should do more to reward players who stay on thier feet but have still been obstructed, like bringing it back for a penalty if there isn't an advantage which isn't done enough seeing though were trying to kick out diving but aren't rewarding players who decide not to go down like a sack of spuds asoon as the oppositions loose shoe lace hits them.

Thoughts?
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

To dive.. Or not to dive.. Empty Re: To dive.. Or not to dive..

Post by Swanhends Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:01 pm

It falls on the refs....This whole culture of "you have to fall down to get a call" needs to stop
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Kinda proved my point now.
Wigan have just been given a penalty when a player threw himself to the ground after a 'normal' coming together and it got called straight away without a doubt asoon as he hit the floor.

Pathetic really.

1-1
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:16 pm

You guys are shit.

if this wasnt stephen hunt and ali al-hasbi but some other over-glorified premier league bums like cech and suarez you'd all have something to say..

Kudo's to bhends for not being a twat and just looking at names and pictures Afro
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:23 pm

I guess it is just a ref thing. Just now in the Hannover-Schalke match, we had Abdellaoue going down in a duel with Papadopoulus in the penalty box and the ref just waved the play on. When one player complained to loudly about this he was booked. Case closed. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:28 pm

yea it is up to the refs. all they need to do is use their judgement "is the contact enough to have unfairly impeded the player in a negative way?"

one of my main gripes is a ref giving a penalty away when the player was clearly never ever going to get the ball as it was definitely going out of play. why does a team deserve a penalty for that? nothing unfair happened to them. refs just fold under the pressure and i don't blame them because everyone's against them from players to managers to fifa etc

also i would never want a player from my team to dive. but it get's complicated because if the other team dived first to win a penalty or fk where they scored then really my team would deserve to dive and win one too, to make it fair
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:52 pm

rwo power wrote:I guess it is just a ref thing. Just now in the Hannover-Schalke match, we had Abdellaoue going down in a duel with Papadopoulus in the penalty box and the ref just waved the play on. When one player complained to loudly about this he was booked. Case closed. ^^

Its not just about that, though..

Whens the last time anyone saw a penalty called (excluding handballs obviously) when the player didn't go down?

Referees are penalizing players for staying on their feet because if they try to, then they don't get awarded penalties

You shouldn't have to fall to the ground to get a PK...You can be impeded while managing to stay on your feet
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum