DagenhamDave
Ganso
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
RED
15 posters

Go down

Anderson Empty Anderson

Post by RED Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:47 pm

When will he ever reach that potential that the majority of United fans harp on about.it's been what, 4 years and he is still inconsistent, doesn't protect the back four, is not creative enough, can't shoot, over hits nearly every long ball he tries play.

His performance v Otelul on Wednesday made me realise he will prolly never be the midfielder we are looking for. He was the worst player on the pitch. He just looked lost out there, giving every ball away, sloppy passing....he was just horrible, and he has been since the Chelsea game.

He started the season really well, and most of us thought he has turned the corner and that he will finally come good for us. But he seemed to have gone back to the old incosistent, extremely frustrating Anderson.

My gripe is that he always looks good in one or 2 games, then he has like 10 games where he is just awful. I honestly just thinks if he doesn't show any improvements this season, it's time we bought a proper CM. right now I watch Anderson's performance and I think to myself, this guy is prolly never gonna be good enough for United.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Anderson Empty Re: Anderson

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 am

sell him to Liverpool a team of his level
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Buy AM--->turn him into a DM and expect him to be amazing.Really?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:56 pm

cant see him being here next year, probly end up back in brazil or france.
DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:42 pm

Fergie messed him up. Pretty rare for Fergie to buy a talented player for misuse.

PSG. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 pm

He is not good enough..He had a pre season, started off well, but now has gone shit since the Chelsea game.

Imo he is not good enough for United and never will be.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:48 pm

Anderson is just not good enough, next Ronaldinho to floppy Davids-lite says it all for me. Could just not have enough quality for United like Denilson in Arsenal, though he's not as bad.

Anyway, dear United fans please kindly respond to my question in the November 86 the Sir Alex thread. Thanks bunch.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Could be out for the rest of the season. It could also spell the end of his Manchester United career.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon May 06, 2013 7:42 am

Anderson I42wQd2AhKK2A

"What? Pie?? Where???"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 am

Was truely horrible today. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 am

Kick wrote:Was truely horrible today. Laughing

Like every other player on the pitch.

Both Manchester United and Chelsea made a horrible game. Poor performances...
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AlinJ92 Tue May 07, 2013 11:23 am

Anderson. A talent which died as a hope. Well, what can you say about Anderson since 2007 when he joined United? Well, there are many points that can be analyzed about him and I've been wishing him gone from the team as early as 3-4 seasons ago.

1. Defensive capabilities: While primarily he was used at Porto as a AMC, SAF used him rarely in that position and more as a deep-lying CM the past seasons (when Nani and Anderson came in 2007, I saw them as long-term replacements for Scholes and Giggs, with Anderson an advanced Scholes type, from the era of Ruud van Nistelrooy) and his shortcomings can be seen in that role quite easily. Doesn't help the defence that much, his tackling is ok-ish, however, I did see him invoved in good tackles and has surprised me at times, however he is miles behind a useful player on the defensive phase.
2. Offensive capabilities: I hope you've seen it too, but there are absolutely no signs of Anderson ever being an offensive player. His finishing is absolutely abysmal and his attacking awareness reminds me a bit of an EPL striker's nightmare which shall remain unnamed. Probably waiting three years for his first official goal for United is not as much of an unfortunate incident as it seems.
3. Build-up, passing and vision: well, from what I've seen he has a bit of a creative spark. Especially since the previous season, I have seen glimpses of quality passing from him, putting his teammates in great positions. Whenever he is in a match, that is the only aspect that it is likely to catch your attention in his game.
4. Consistency & Injury proneness: given that he was always down on the pecking order and his injury problems, the point of consistent performances is moot, however, in the years that I've been watching Manchester United consistently, I consider him the 4th most injury prone United player of the 21st century after Hargreaves, Ben Foster in his formative years and seasons-ago's Rafael. Also, the fact that he had his injuries in the years that a footballer normally fullfills his potential and hones his skills probably means that we may never see what Anderson might have been if everything went right for him.
5. Physical: chubby guy, with an on-and-off relationship with a flabby abdomen. Well, when you don't train for more than 6 months a year, it is a miracle that you still look like this. I kinda see his body type as Wayne Rooney's (wow, Wayne, just think what you could have done if you had actually tried harder...). Okay-ish to good pace, good physical strength.
6. Mental: You can never know what's in a man's head, but there are a few signs that can help see a bit. Well, let's put it like this: 6 years in England this summer and the guy still can't speak a goddamn word in English. I feel that he never actually adapted and that this spell at United, apart from the trophies, is somewhat of a nightmare for him. He has a few friends at the team, but they are mostly the Portuguese and Spanish-speaking players.

My verdict: He must go. Keeping in mind the last point that I have made, I think he really needs to wake up from his nightmare and leave United this summer, when he is still young and has a bit of interest from his old club FCP (how's that James Rodriguez swap deal coming along?), before his contract runs out in 2015 and he finds himself playing in the Championship, at some obscure Portuguese team, returned to Brazil or at some Arabic club with more money than brains.
AlinJ92
AlinJ92
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Lex wrote:Anderson I42wQd2AhKK2A

"What? Pie?? Where???"

rofl

Anyway this is Fergie's fault he was a good player at Porto in fact very good but once he moved him from AM to DM it ended any hopes of him being a success.

Imagine buying Hazard or Mata and using them as a DM Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 08, 2013 1:03 am

Anderson out
Strootman In
Wink
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Ganso wrote:Buy AM--->turn him into a DM and expect him to be amazing.Really?

But he's not even dangerous when in the attacking third, okay he moves the ball well but we've seen very little to suggest he is ever going to this attacking genius some seem to think he could be. I'm not saying he's a bad player when fit he is a useful squad player but the harsh reality is people claim he's an attacking player but his performences suggest there are limitations to his game that mean he's not good enough to play there for us.

If we sign two midfielders I'd be happy to see the back of him.
The Devil
The Devil
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Anderson lost visible weight and his movement is a lot better now. I like the way he played this pre-season because he was the most incisive of our central midfielders.

Maybe we should give him one more chance and let him play at least until winter comes, but at the moment I wouldn't sell him. We didn't sign Fabregas, we didn't buy Thiago, Fletcher is still sick and we lack central midfielders. Kagawa used to play CM at Dortmund in desperate situations and he wasn't bad at all, but in EPL he wouldn't be able to cope with the opposite attacks because he is very fragile. That's why Ferguson used him on the left side most of time.

Even if we buy a CM this summer, Anderson should stay. We compete for many trophies and we need a strong squad.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Vlad, what's wrong with you? Keep Ando, but let Nani go Razz

I agree with you though. Keep him, forget his dribbling it's not going to become what it was meant to be, lets build on his passing.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 am

ronaldo__9 wrote:Vlad, what's wrong with you? Keep Ando, but let Nani go Razz

I agree with you though. Keep him, forget his dribbling it's not going to become what it was meant to be, lets build on his passing.

Yeah, sounds kinda awful. However, think about the fact that we have a lot of wingers, even if they aren't in the right form at the moment, we have options. But what about our central midfielders?

We have Carrick and Cleverley. Fletcher is still sick, Powell is very young and Anderson seems to be the last reasonable solution. Jones is a CB and we usually use him as a RB. Giggs is LW but he played CM in the last seasons. Yet he isn't an option for the future.

But wingers? Valencia on the right side, Kagawa on the left; Young, Zaha and Welbeck can play on each side. That's why keeping Ando and letting Nani go wouldn't be a shocking move.

Of course, all of this were said considering that we won't buy a player this summer. Fortunately for us, Moyes assured the fans we'll make some transfers.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum