EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Marseille LIVE - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal v Marseille LIVE

Post by Sri Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Arteta is playing pretty well in his role as a B2B.. Remember, its not his job to play as a DM in a double pivot, but to play as a deeper playmaker between Song and Ramsey.. I don't have any qualms with his performance..

But we should have looked to kill the game.. We did not.. Though we took more shots than them in both halves, and our substitutions showed some intent to win, we were a bit jaded after our last game and it showed..

Kudos to OM, a point was the least they deserved after the kind of heartful performance they put up..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:43 pm

srigooner wrote:Arteta is playing pretty well in his role as a B2B.. Remember, its not his job to play as a DM in a double pivot, but to play as a deeper playmaker between Song and Ramsey.. I don't have any qualms with his performance..

But we should have looked to kill the game.. We did not.. Though we took more shots than them in both halves, and our substitutions showed some intent to win, we were a bit jaded after our last game and it showed..

Kudos to OM, a point was the least they deserved after the kind of heartful performance they put up..

Why does Wenger tell Arteta to sit and Song to attack ?? shit tactic seriously Mad
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:51 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:
srigooner wrote:Arteta is playing pretty well in his role as a B2B.. Remember, its not his job to play as a DM in a double pivot, but to play as a deeper playmaker between Song and Ramsey.. I don't have any qualms with his performance..

Why does Wenger tell Arteta to sit and Song to attack ?? shit tactic seriously Mad

I think Arteta stays back BECAUSE Song ventures forward.. Song should really stick to being a DM, but then, you realize how predictable it gets! Thats why one stays back while the other ventures forward! In fact, last season, we saw a rotating midfield, where the players switched positions often.. It also makes sense since the fact that only one ventures forward means the other gets to stay back and take a breath.. Lowers fatigue, I guess.. Our midfielders are required to put in performances with a tremendous work rate and this would be good for them..

I know it doesn't make sense because Song is good at def and Arteta should be attacking, but that is the ideal case and that is what happens more.. I think this tactic is fine, as long as Song doesn't compromise the back four in the process..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3