shinkikai
Magricos
Great Leader Sprucenuce
leemhuis
Arquitecto
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Fantastic Article on Andrea Pirlo - Page 2 Empty Re: A Fantastic Article on Andrea Pirlo

Post by jibers Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:Scholes was a great player, wont listen to anyone who says differently. Certainly better then guys like Xabi Alonso, its not even worth a debate.

Anyway, great article and brings up some intresting thoughts.

Jibbers, how do you consider guys like Busquets and even Banega, both guys who love the deeper waters and like to start play there. Banega has a more direct approach then say Busquets, but I think he has the type of skillset to continue the trend if he was ever used in that way fulltime.

Busquets technical abilities have developed ridiculously over the last 3 years it's actually scary, he isn't a classic DPL aka regista like Pirlo or Alonso, but he does some of the duties. He has great anticipation hence why he is able to halt attacks before they start, he is very good at passing. Barcelona's game is dictated by Xavi so Busquets usually just brings the ball from the ack and plays a short simple pass. I see him as a more modern defensive MF, a sort of Makelele with a hint of Xavi, if that makes sense...

Banegas case is the oddest. The guy can't pass consistentl;y well and often misplaces passes because he is to hasty. But his anticiaption and positioning is incredible and he is a bg reason for Valencia's success against Barcelona in the last couple of seasoons, as he ia always able to read the ame well and make great tackles. I wouln't call him a destroyer, but he definately not a dlp, his distribution isn't anywhere good or consiustent enough to warrant that title imo.

PS franchise check out the united section tom cl;everl;ey thread, i think you'll find it interesting... Cool

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

A Fantastic Article on Andrea Pirlo - Page 2 Empty Re: A Fantastic Article on Andrea Pirlo

Post by nichabr Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:51 pm

pirlo IMO is the best midfielder of the past 11 years i mean he went 6-7 season without much rest in games for milan since he first joined playing great consistent football...not one of those season where he didnt play less than 40 games a season.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:53 pm

all hail the metronome
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Fantastic Interview of Pirlo

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/993ee102-ec4a-11e3-ab1b-00144feabdc0.html#axzz345QQ1tkV

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum