Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

+35
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
Doc
Dnmac4
Adit
Lord Hades
Onyx
The Nature Boy
fatman123
ToEy
Highburied
Rossoneri Ninja
azzurres
baresi
Art Morte
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Redondo
BarrileteCosmico
Sushi Master
lenear1030
Zealous
aunshi
TalkingReckless
izzy
zarola
che
Kick
Lex
Magricos
RealGunner
Yuri Yukuv
Grande_Milano
The Verminator
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
39 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:48 pm

che wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Sheik Mansoor isn't playing with his money contrary to popular belief.

To him City is a long term Investment.

i'm sorry but that's bullshit

no football club in the world, not now, not 20 years ago, not ever, can be a profitable long-term investment, only for the reason that fans expect all profit to be reinvested into the club... there is no way in hell mansour is getting his money back, just like abramovic never will... you can wiggle around all you want, fact is that city are a billionaire's plaything

True but the thing is City isn't the only Investment Mansoor (or his brothers) have in the area. You never noticed how "Etihad airways" is becoming more and more in the lime light? Not to mention other projects that will happen to the city over the next couple of years.

So while you are not wrong in saying that realistically Manchester City football club won't generate that much profit, it will serve as a tool to help Mansoor's other projects succeed.

The man is in charge of investment where he is from. A lot of what he owns personally he got from being good at what he does. I know it's fun to hate on rich people but your short sightedness isn't Mansoor's fault :coffee:

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:53 pm

I love that someone finally broke the myth that United don't spend money and City are the devil.

There are two things I want to point out though that I think get overlooked.

1) City had to build an entire squad. They needed to buy second and first team players because what the sheik bought was no where close to competing for the EPL and they had to over pay for transfer fees and salaries to get players to go there because at the time they weren't in the CL and were a mid table team.

2) The thing that's overlooked in this comparison is the fees United received for players they sold like Ronaldo (90m). I think people tend to forget they never really spent that money so it's a little misleading.

That being said of course City had to spend a ton of money there goals were to take a mid table team to win the EPL and make the CL in less then 5 years. There is no other way to achieve that goal and to there credit they did it in less then 5 years.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Doc Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Man Utd spends the money they have earned, not the Glazers money. Why would anyone think so is something of a mystery (unless one has an article stating Glazers pump money into the club for player investments).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15919
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:00 pm

I posted every thing that was spent by United on players and that City and Real are not the only teams that spend, but people had a hard time understanding it and I got a lot of stick for it lol.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Doc wrote:Man Utd spends the money they have earned, not the Glazers money. Why would anyone think so is something of a mystery (unless one has an article stating Glazers pump money into the club for player investments).

Because they are in massive debt. So yes the glazers don't spend there own money, they spend the banks money. To be fair most teams in Europe do this to an extent but don't kid yourself and think United just spend what they earn.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Zealous Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Also may I add that tickets for City games are so much cheaper than United games.

United are milking every penny out of the fan base they have coming over for the weekend. A basically the club is run as a tourist attraction.

Totally different feeling in the blue side of Manchester. I actually like it's a football club.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by che Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Zealous wrote:

True but the thing is City isn't the only Investment Mansoor (or his brothers) have in the area. You never noticed how "Etihad airways" is becoming more and more in the lime light? Not to mention other projects that will happen to the city over the next couple of years.

So while you are not wrong in saying that realistically Manchester City football club won't generate that much profit, it will serve as a tool to help Mansoor's other projects succeed.

The man is in charge of investment where he is from. A lot of what he owns personally he got from being good at what he does. I know it's fun to hate on rich people but your short sightedness isn't Mansoor's fault :coffee:

i'm fully aware that the club isn't the entire investment... but are you seriously trying to convince me that buying a football club, running it for a few years with massive losses, and then starting development projects around it was done because it's such a fantastic investment opportunity for someone who is worth several billion dollars? surely there were other, WAY more profitable projects for someone with pretty much infinite capital no?

of course they're bound to make some money from the greater part of the investment eventually... just like every sane person would make sure to do if they were buying a football club and pumping hundreds of millions into it for the lulz

no shit city tickets cost less than man utd, glazers are in it for taking the money OUT of the club not INTO the club...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:50 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Doc wrote:Man Utd spends the money they have earned, not the Glazers money. Why would anyone think so is something of a mystery (unless one has an article stating Glazers pump money into the club for player investments).

Because they are in massive debt. So yes the glazers don't spend there own money, they spend the banks money. To be fair most teams in Europe do this to an extent but don't kid yourself and think United just spend what they earn.

Soz but you're wrong.

United (or more accurately the Glazers) took those big loans on the club when they bought it. That was in 2005. Since then the debt has been greatly reduced all the while United have been investing in players. So the Glazers have not borrowed more money to buy players, the players have been bought with cash generated by the club.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18314
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by kiranr Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:58 pm

What is the difference between Manchester United generating their own cash and an investor putting up money for City?

Only a club which has more fans are allowed to get better players or win trophies? There is just too much hypocrisy regarding City in here...

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:33 pm

Lol-tastic
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 2013
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm

kick mars wrote:Kompany-£6m.
Lescott-£24m.

:facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by The Messiah Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:40 pm

The point of this thread was to clear the myth that United dont spend


Last edited by Idrisozet on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by dostoevsky Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:43 am

City have had to build an entire squad, however the point about United here is being essentially missed.

This is what United spends in order to stay on top, to replace the players who have served them well and retain their winning legacy. Now that City have an established core, the analysis will become intriguing as we see how they spend their money to improve from here. Will their spending match United's? Financial Fair Play will be bypassed, however City won't require exorbitant expenditure as they experiment with new toys such as Robinho, Santa Cruz and Adebayor.

To sustain yourself, you inevitably need to spend. You have to be smart and you have to be attractive, because deals such as for Ozil and Sahin must be concluded, but even then, that's 30 million euros. Worth it? Absolutely. It's still a lot of money however, particularly compared to the costs of Ozil and Sahin as youngsters.

You pay the cost of development, even when you buy a youngster such as Smalling or Jones. In that case, you're purchasing the right to polish and refine. however you still pay through the nose.

That's the end game of elite football.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:46 am

I'd argue that City's wages must be significantly higher though, so it's not an exact comparison.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28270
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:50 am

Why is everyone replying with debate to my troll thread? :matrix:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68988
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Sushi Master Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:54 am

It's not really a troll thread when there's actual logic behind it :study:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by IAmManUnited Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:12 am

This makes no sense, first we earned that money through trophies, winning, and popularity so we have the right to spend what we earn, dont we?

Second we did all this over a span of 4-7 years, so its been a small build up, not a quick one season transition.

I have nothing against city spending, but dont compare the two, united worked for its glory, city is just buying it.
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by IAmManUnited Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 am

This makes no sense, first we earned that money through trophies, winning, and popularity so we have the right to spend what we earn, dont we?

Second we did all this over a span of 4-7 years, so its been a small build up, not a quick one season transition.

I have nothing against city spending, but dont compare the two, united worked for its glory, city is just buying it.
IAmManUnited
IAmManUnited
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Posts : 199
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side - Page 3 Empty Re: Cost of City side vs Cost of Utd Side

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum