Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid should channel their energy into beating Barcelona, not hating them

2 posters

Go down

Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid should channel their energy into beating Barcelona, not hating them Empty Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid should channel their energy into beating Barcelona, not hating them

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:19 pm

Jorge Valdano has urged his former club Real Madrid to channel their efforts into beating Barcelona on the pitch, and put petty grievances behind them.

The Argentine was ousted from his position as general manager of the Santiago Bernabeu outfit due to a disagreement with Jose Mourinho, but, despite this, insists that his love for the club remains untainted.

"Football is very passionate and I am more reflective since [leaving] Madrid. I would like to see Real return to glory days; I am in permanent debt to the club," he told AS.

The capital city side have had to play second fiddle to Barcelona both in the Champions League and in La Liga over recent seasons, but the 56-year-old has stressed that his old club should not hate Pep Guardiola's men.

"It's amazing what you intend to do at Madrid, with the tremendous challenge of [beating] Barcelona. Now, being from Madrid has not enabled me to hate Barcelona.

"Madrid should not give up, but their energy must be put into beating Barcelona, not hating them," he stated.

Ahead of the weekend fixtures, Barcelona top La Liga, with Real Madrid a point behind their arch-rivals.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid should channel their energy into beating Barcelona, not hating them Empty Re: Jorge Valdano: Real Madrid should channel their energy into beating Barcelona, not hating them

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:27 pm

It is the hate that drives us though. Very Happy
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down