messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

""Quotes"" - Page 2 Empty Re: ""Quotes""

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:12 am

Khaledbarca wrote:
Valdes: "Wembley was the greatest thing I ever experienced. Not only because the third CL, also because of the opponent and the scene."

"In 2005, Iniesta and I had set ourselves the goal of winning 3 Champions Leagues. It was our challenge, our dream."

"I gave Zubizarreta my Wembley shirt. I played the final with Zubi's spirit. It was his shirt, his colour, we won the game together"

[el periodico]

You all may be aware that Valdes and Iniesta are best friends.

BTW that last line is wonderful.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:13 am

Lionel Messi wrote:
Khaledbarca wrote:Ambrosini (AC Milan): "We can compete with all teams in Europe, except Barcelona, who are three levels above the rest." [gazzetta]
It's hard not to be arrogant with all this praise. :p

I predicted a few days back that the praise would now be so overwhelming that even we would start getting a little tired. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:32 am

Xavi Llorens (first coach Messi at Barça):

"He was very shy, very discreeet. When he arrived he was anxious to know if he could stay."

"Now he always tells me 'See how I made it?' People had a lot of doubts, but mentally he was strong."

"In my first report I wrote he was 'The Little Maradona', and now he's 'The Great Messi'."
[as]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Rosell speaks to TV3

President of FC Barcelona, Sandro Rosell, has been speaking to local Catalan television station TV3, where the Barça man revealed some interesting bits of information that will certainly garner a lot of intrigue for the waiting Blaugrana public hungry for news of potential transfers into the club this summer.

Speaking to the show ‘Agora‘, Rosell explained that the Catalan club would not be held to ransom in any deal to bring former player, Cesc Fabregas, back to the club – no matter how much the midfielder may want it.

“I do not know if we will put an offer in for Cesc or not. Of what I do not have any doubt is that he has a lot of desire to come to Barça. Guardiola knows that every player has his value and Cesc’s is less than 40 million. We will offer less than 40 million euros and if Arsenal does not want to accept, then Cesc will not come. Pep knows the club is not in a good financial position,” said Rosell.

Reiterating the point that he made during last week’s press conference, the president said that the club would not go beyond its means in order to secure the services of any player, even Cesc. “We have 45 million available for transfers, plus any net sales we make during the next 5 years. There is not more money to spend.”

“On arrival we saw that the club’s debt was far greater than what was said. We had to negotiate a syndicated loan to pay salaries, which were delayed nearly a month for the players. There was delay, but gradually we have order there,” said the president, illustrating just how bad he and his board felt the club’s finances where upon their arrival last summer.

Asked if reports claiming that a deal for young Chilean sensation, Alexis Sanchez, had in fact been finalized, Rosell was obviously frustrated, saying that “nothing has been closed with Alexis.” Continuing on, the president revealed that “only one will sign” from potential targets Giuseppe Rossi and the Chilean, Sanchez.

Moving onto players already at the club, Sandro revealed that French international, Eric Abidal, had recently turned down a contract extension that the club had offered him, although the president does not see there being any problems stopping the two parties reaching an agreement sometime soon. “Abidal has not accepted the renewal. It has been put on the table for him. When he returns from holidays then we will speak.”

On the rather more sensitive subject of the club’s relations with Real Madrid, Rosell revealed that he has yet to make amends with Real Madrid president, Florentino Perez, with both men so far choosing to keep their distance from one another. “I have not spoken with Florentino Perez since the final game, my relationship with him is on standby. There is no cold war but there are wounds that must heal.”

Asked why he had taken so long to respond to the many verbal attacks perpetrated by Madrid on the Catalan club, Rosell admitted that he had been holding fire until the time was right. “The probability that we would face Madrid in the finals of the Champions League was high, so that if we had spoken before, we would have been responsible for the evils that were understood to have happened socially.”

Discussing Madrid’s manager, Jose Mourinho, Rosell explained that he personally doesn’t value the Portuguese’s talents quite as highly as everyone else seems to do, adding that it is the Madrid manager’s temperament that seems to let him down so often, as was witnessed with the unsavoury comments made by Mourinho after the Champions League semi-finals. “He is not the best manager in the world. UEFA awarded that to Inter Milan generally… Everything starts with an employee, but it must be the board and the president who must put a stop to it.”

On the allegations made by Cardena Cope relating to supposed doping insinuations, Rosell told the TV3 show that he believed his club had been cleared of any potential wrong-doing, whilst the side from Madrid had not been found so favourable. “Real Madrid did not deny the Cope allegations. The facts speak louder than words and they do not believe Florentino Perez on this, but most would have believed him more if Real Madrid had gone up against Cope in court. I always try to put myself in other people’s shoes. If it had been reversed, I would have gone. But it was not.”

Back on the topic of Barça’s financial situation, Rosell admitted that the tightening of belts had been tough for all involved but the president revealed such strains had not affected his working relationship with manager, Pep Guardiola. “It is not like a relationship I have with my best friend. But it’s very good.”

“With austerity, it’s hard and you lose friends. We are suffering with it. We’ve removed the catering events, our bodyguards. It’s a disadvantage. And we don’t even have the money to make copies in colour at the club. Now we make copies in black and white and save on toner,” added Rosell.

Finally the Barça president revealed that he had taken a strong stance when accusations of racism had been levelled at midfielder, Sergio Busquets, with Rosell apparently telling the youngster that “these things are not done at this club.”

After such a long and interesting interview we will all wait with baited breath upon the reply that we will surely get from the Spanish capital, something we will keep you up to date with here on totalBarça as soon as we have it.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/rosell-speaks-to-tv3/#ixzz1Pw0Z30Ul

==========================================

Rosell seeking economic sustainability

The president of Barça has reiterated that the club’s transfer policy this summer will have economic sustainability in mind.

Sandro Rosell looked back at his first year as president on the ‘Ágora’ show on TV3, where he insisted that the club will be taking an austere approach to the transfer market this summer. On Arsenal star Fábregas he said "I don’t know if we will sign Cesc or not. What I am sure of is that he is very keen to come to Barça. But we are not going to repeat the offer of 40 million because with amortizations he is worth less”.

The same cautious approach to the club’s finances will be employed in potential transactions with the likes of Alexis Sánchez and Giuseppe Rossi. Rosell said that the club wants to concentrate on the players that the coaches have asked for and will then decide whether the finances fit the business plan. "Zubizarreta and Bartomeu are speaking to a lot of other players and alternatives. Depending on the price, we will take one or other. No deals have been closed", said Rosell.

Rosell wants to put the club back on solid financial ground with an eye to the future. "When we came in, we found the debt was much bigger than they had told us. We negotiated a syndicate credit with the bank. We were very worried because we had no money to spend. We have sorted out the situation and what the economic area has achieved means we have 45 million to spend on transfers this summer plus sales. We have a business plan and after what we have said, the banks trust us and have given us this credit. But you have to pay credit back.” So Rosell said they have had to make some difficult but necessary decisions. "I am concerned about the club’s economic sustainability. We have to balance the books. In two or three years we hope to be a solvent club”.

On potential new players, he said "it depends who stays and who leaves." Guardiola has not asked to sell any of his first team players, and the president also said that they are negotiating a new contract for Abidal, which should be finalised when the Frenchman returns from his holidays.

Rosell also spoke about the historic agreement with the Qatar Foundation, which will bring the club an additional 150 million euros, saying the deal was essential for the club’s financial needs and debts. He also claimed that the members are fully supportive of the deal, which is permitted by the club statutes, and that he will once again be explaining the full situation at next general assembly.

Renewing Guardiola
Rosell is obviously delighted with everything that Pep Guardiola has been doing. "We have a very good relation with Pep, excellent. He is a man who likes to renew year by year, if it was down to us we’d renew him for one, two, three, four even five years. He feels comfortable with the players, with the directors, with his surroundings … He works well with Zubi and the new board, and that has shown in the results”. Asked what he felt about being of accused of not supporting his coach during the controversies with Real Madrid, Rosell said "I don’t accept that, and the board have a clear conscience”.

Sections

As for the economic adjustments to the other professional and amateur sports teams, Rosell said “we are still the most multisport club in the world. The professional sections will be as competitive as ever. There is inflation in football, but deflation in the other sports. Our small reduction will be nothing compared to the other clubs.”

Regal Barça’s Ricky Rubio is about to leave for the Minnesota Timberwolves, and Rosell explained how the deal is not particularly positive for Barcelona. "It is no blessing to get a million euros because he cost us 4.2. We will lose money because we didn’t amortise the investment. But it will help that we won’t have to pay his salary and that will help reduce costs”.

Meeting with Cruyff

At the end of the interview, Rosell confirmed that he had held a meeting with Johan Cruyff for the good of the club and unity. As for making Eusebio Sacristán the new coach of Barça B, the president said it had been Andoni Zubizarreta’s choice, but that the board gave him their full support.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/club/temporada10-11/06/21/n110621118096.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 am

khaled, very interesting post. A lot to get to know and some of it by reading between the lines.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Freixa acknowledges an offer from Roma for Bojan

The secretary and spokesman of the FC Barcelona board, Toni Freixa, said this Wednesday that Barça has received an offer from Roma for Bojan Krkic: "We have an offer but it’s still in the study and evaluation phase".

FC Barcelona have received a formal offer for Bojan Krkic, but no agreement has been reached. "We understand that the Roma can hardly publish something that is still in the study and evaluation phase", Freixa pointed out at a press conference this Wednesday morning.

Bojan, in the study phase

"Obviously when you receive an offer like this and the club is considering it, it’s because it raises the possibility that it’s feasible," added the secretary and spokesman, who didn’t want to anticipate any event.

Other names

Asked about other names appearing these days in various media, such as Alexis Sanchez and Jeffren Suarez, Freixa was clear about it: "We won’t reveal the content of the possible negotiations, to preserve the interests of Barça".

Maximum competitive level

The FC Barcelona sports management team is working hard to ensure that the first team next year will be at the maximum competitive level. "This is the goal, and if we can achieve it with players that are already here, much the better, "said Freixa, who reminded everybody once again that the club has 45 million euros for future signings, plus the sale of players which can generate more income

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/22/n110622118115.html

Last edited by Khaledbarca on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Good job khaledbarca, great thread
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:Good job khaledbarca, great thread

thx man Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal): "My greatest idol is Guardiola." [via efe]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:15 pm

Villa: “I’d love to retire at Barça”

David Villa has categorically denied rumours about a move to England and expressed his desire to play at the Club for the rest of his career. Villa also spoke about possible new signings at the Camp Nou.

Villa doesn’t want to hear anything about any move to the Premier League, nor indeed anywhere else and speaking at a promotional event in Gandia he made it clear: “I’ve not let all that has been said affect me, it’s not even a rumour or speculation –it’s just a lie. I’m still just 29, and I’d love to retire here at Barça, because that would mean everything had gone great – I want to be here for as long as possible”.

Cesc and Alexis

Asked about any possible summer signings at the Club, such as Cesc Fàbregas and Alexis Sánchez: “they are two players of a very high quality, both as individuals and as part of a collective. If they come, it will mean a big leap in quality”.

“Mata is like a brother to me”

There has also been speculation about Villa’s ex- Valencia teammate Juan Mata possibly making a move and the Barça striker explained: “just imagine how excited I would be about that. Not just because of what he brings as a player, but also because he’s like a brother to me and playing alongside him again would be like a dream”.

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/24/n110624118145.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:17 pm

Valdés: “We are always motivated”

Barça can’t stop winning and far from feel demotivated, Víctor Valdés says “the coach is constantly innovating and it’s difficult for us to get tired. We are always motivated whatever happens.”

The FCB stopper has taken time out from his holidays for a good cause, the XVIII edition of Mulla’t 2011 to benefit multiple sclerosis. At the Hospital de Dia de la FEM, Valdés spoke about why the team is so motivated. “We have a coach who always introduces new ideas and doesn’t let anybody relax. There are still challenges ahead and we are always motivated to achieve them.”

Thanks to the board

As for the controversies with Real Madrid, the keeper said he was happy with what the Board of Directors has done for them. “The whole squad feels very well supported by these directors. We thank them for all their support all season”.

Cesc and Thiago compatible

Everybody is talking about the potential signing of Cesc Fàbregas for Barça: “He is a great player with exquisite skills. He knows this place well and knows what the shirt means. He is perfectly compatible with Thiago because those two offer different things. If he does some, he’ll be a great signing”, said Valdés.

Sorry to lose Bojan

If Bojan Krkic does indeed leave the place he has spent his whole life to start anew in Rome, Valdés reckons “it would be shame for him to go because he’s a good friend and I think he’s an excellent player. I wish him all the luck in the world”.

This year’s presentation was conducted by Televisió de Catalunya presenter, Imma Pedemonte and featured the presence of Rosa Maria Estrany, president of the FEM and Dr Xavier Montalban, clinical director of neurosciences at Hospital Universitari Vall d’Hebron.

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/27/n110627118177.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Steve McManaman (ex-Liverpool, ex-Real Madrid): "If I were Liverpool coach and money is not a problem, I'd buy Messi and Villa." [trans7]
----------------------------

Read: "La Masia is where the magic happens" http://es.pn/jxXyZn (+ video) [by james martin @jameshmartin for espn.com]

-----------------------------

Diego Simeone (ex-Atletico): "If a player wants to leave, you should allow him to. Apart from Messi, no player is indispensable." [marca]
-----------------------------------------

Carlos Reinoso (coach Club America): "I didn't see a team that plays as well as the current Barcelona side since the Santos team of Pele."
--------------------------------------------

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Amor (youth sports director):

"What's clear is that Barça won't force anyone to stay. Who doesn't want to be here, shouldn't stay."

"Until the age of 16, the players are free, but we're working on a solution for that."

"We'll never enter a bidding war with an English club. A player gets what he's entitled to based on his age."

[md]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:14 am

Guti (ex-Madrid):

"Madrid has in the first place a great team, no one sticks out, while at Barça, Messi is at another level."

"Cristiano is a decisive player but in the important games he so far wasn't up to it. That's why Messi is better now."
[gaceta]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:16 am

Messi:

"I always try to play well, but ARG's performances don't only depend on me. We're eleven out there and I never win a game on my own."

"I won't join any other team. If I leave Barcelona it'll be to return to Argentina and retire."

"Comparisons with Ronaldo? Everyone is how he is, I don't like the public eye. I'm more reserved, I like to have my people around."

[el pais colombia]

-----------------------------

Full Interview:

FC Barcelona forward and all around club hero, Lionel Messi, has revealed that he has no intention of leaving the Catalan club any time soon, with the Argentina international making his feelings clear that he has no intention of ‘doing a Figo’ and joining Barça’s bitterest rivals, Real Madrid.

Talking to El Pais Colombia, Messi explained that he hopes to stay at Barça for a very long time, with only one destination on his mind when the time comes to leave the Camp Nou. “If I was to leave Barcelona it is only to return to Argentina and probably to retire. I do not think of anywhere else, nor will I go somewhere else. Today I am happy in Barcelona. I’m fine and if I finish up there then I’ll come to Argentina.”

Discussing his formative years at the Catalan club, Leo explained how Barça had nurtured and inspired him to become the player he is today, instilling in him a loyalty and passion for the Blaugrana colours. “From a very young age I always had a ball at my feet at my local neighbourhood club, and then I went to Barcelona. Everything changed, I left my friends, my family and my country for a dream, to continue growing, and the truth is everything worked out very well,” said the forward.

“I’ve lived in Barcelona, ​​where they have been very good to me and my family. I stopped going out and doing many things, but I do not regret anything. When I had a football practice [back at home], I always wanted to return to Barça, and then we managed to get everything sorted out to give me peace of mind that I would return to Barcelona, ​​I had a kind of contract on a napkin,” continued the two time Balon d’Or winner, adding, “All the coaches were giving me advice. I was in Barcelona’s youth team with Guillermo Hoyos, an Argentine who helped me, made me grow up.”

Asked if he always knew he was destined for greatness, Messi once again demonstrated that famous humility that has served him so well through his career so far. “From a kid, my dad and my uncle always insisted that it was coming, that I was to be one of the top players, but I was very young when I went to Barcelona, and then suddenly everything was more professional and more serious.”

On the constant comparisons drawn between himself and Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo, Leo refused to be drawn into any controversial or inflammatory statements, instead he chose to reveal his more philosophical side, saying: “Everyone is as they are. I do not like to show myself in that way. It’s not me, I’m more reserved. I have my people, who are always there. The press want many things, many stories, women, the other things, but it’s all a lie.”

Turning his attention to the upcoming Copa America, Messi explained how the pressure is always there whenever Argentina compete in any competition, but the forward insisted that the Albiceleste could reign victorious if they play together as a team. “We are always obliged to win it anywhere. Argentina is the favorite and always has to fight to win it all, plus being at home in front of our people.” He added, “I always try to play well, but it does not depend only on Messi, on the pitch we are eleven, and I never win games alone.”

Finally, the man who is already considered as a modern great of the game, was asked to give his opinion on who exactly he feels has been football’s greatest ever player, with the Barça forward unsurprisingly choosing his fellow countryman and former national team coach. “Maradona. I did not see Pele play, but I do not need to choose.”

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/messi-talks-to-el-pais-colombia/#ixzz1Qcl6OyF6
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Gareth Southgate talks about ‘Barca obsession’

Former England defender, Gareth Southgate, has revealed that he hopes to bring some fresh ideas to his new role as head of football development at the English FA, with the former centre-back hoping to capitalise on a similar tactical approach to the game that has recently seen FC Barcelona recognised as one of the greatest and most constructive club’s when it comes to youth football.

Speaking to The Sun, the former Aston Villa and Middlesborough defender – who also had a spell as manager at the north-east club – explained that he hoped to change the way kids approach the game in England, with more of a focus on technique and enjoyment than on mere physicality. Qualities Southgate believes are on ample display at FC Barcelona right now.

“We must be careful not to become Barcelona obsessed. But if I was a small kid in England, I would look at them and think, ‘Do you know that small guys can make it. When I travel up and down the country, I’m seeing as many Barcelona shirts as anything else. They are talking about bits of skill they’ve seen and they are open to different ideas. Now we’ve got dads and kids looking at it and saying ‘Why aren’t we playing that way?‘” said Southgate.

Despite his high praise for what he sees as Barca’s ability to promote beautiful,technically proficient football, Southgate did recognise a certain player a little closer to home as being equal with the many greats currently on display at the Camp Nou.

“Paul Scholes was the best player I ever played with and he wasn’t a big lad. But I think he came through because Manchester United are one of the most patient clubs, whereas a lot aren’t.” he said.

On the subject of what English football can learn from Europe’s approach to youth football, where the likes of Barca and Spain have both recently profited from a commitment to strong technical coaching, Southgate recognised that his homeland had to take a long hard look at themselves and make some serious changes.

“There’s an acceptance that we’ve got to look deeper at ourselves. We are realising it’s not just the fault of one manager who is in charge at one given time or one ball that didn’t cross the line or whatever. Generally speaking, we’ve lacked enough creative players. In my lifetime in England, I’ve only seen Gazza, Scholes and Rooney who were truly great and had the creativity to unlock a packed defence by dribbling or passing.” said Southgate.

“The FA guidelines for years were about direct play and organisation but football has evolved. We’re not in a disaster zone but we can’t stand still while others go forward. I worked with Glenn Hoddle and Terry Venables who were excellent forward-thinking coaches. But are we encouraging those types of people as much as we could be?”

It remains to be seen whether the new man in charge of youth development can bring about the changes needed for England to once again be considered a world power on the international stage, one thing is for sure though – it is not only in Catalunya or La Liga that Barca’s influence is being felt. It is throughout the sport as a whole.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/gareth-southgate-talks-about-barca-obsession/#ixzz1QclmELhm
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Luis Milla:”Thiago is more of a Xavi than an Iniesta”

Luis Milla has absolutely no doubt: Thiago has a place in this Barca. The ‘azulgrana’ midfielder was one of the player to hold the title as a champion of Europe claimed by the Spanish U21 national team last weekend. And his trainer in ‘La Rojita’ demonstrated his love for his player.

Luis Milla, coach of the Spanish U-21 team opines that Barca have in Thiago a potential successor for their current midfield maestro, Xavi Hernandez, and believes Thiago will most likely be the organizer of the blaugrana’s game in the future. Milla also seems to share Victor Valdes’ opinion, as he sees Thiago to be compatible with Cesc Fabregas, who according to various media sources maybe the club’s first signing in the next few days.

“Thiago and Cesc are compatible, the azulgrana will be in three competitions and need enough armor; add to that, both have the ‘culé profile’…“, claimed the national coach in a chat with Yahoo Eurosport.

In his opinion, Thiago’s style of play is similar “to Xavi’s more than to Iniesta’s“, after he has observed the player for a while now. “He is a young lad who has to continue his way. He has the conditions, which fit the Barca profile, he is a good kid with a winning mentality. He’s 19 years old, he has to start in shining and becoming important“, he added.

On Bojan…

Regarding the placement of Bojan Krkic as a substitute in the tournament, Milla said, ”he was a great player in the squad, yet he was concerned and distracted about his future. This along with his arrival a bit not into the rhythm of competition, resulted in less minutes played”.

On Busquets…

Luis Milla confirmed in another interview with Catalunya Ràdio that, with respect to the qualification of the Spanish U21 team to the Olympics of 2012, Barca midfielder Sergio Busquets won’t be participating. The Spanish tactician considered that the player should be giving priority to the “first national team and the coming European Cup“, hosted in Poland and Ukraine.

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/news/luis-millathiago-is-more-of-a-xavi-than-an-iniesta/#ixzz1Qcm1Jt5H
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:37 pm

GAGOoOoOo Very Happy

"Barcelona are the best team in history. They are well above Real Madrid and the fans do not want to admit it," Gago told ESPN Argentina

---------------------------------

Truth hurts Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:11 am

Thiago renewed until 2015: "Now time for me to prove myself"

Thiago Alcantara has improved and extended his contract with the Club for two more seasons, until 30th June 2015. The buyout clause will be 90 million Euros.

After the renewal of his contract, which was signed on Wednesday afternoon, Thiago showed himself to be very happy both on Barça TV and www.fcbarcelona.cat : "It's a dream to continue with this team and this club. I am really happy. Now It’s time to share it with my family”. He added: "I never thought about leaving. I’ve always wanted to be here".

Total gratitude

The midfielder, still recovering from the operation on his nose, was thankful for the education he’s received at Barça: "The club has already done everything for me. They’ve trained me, I’ve come up through the youth ranks, they trusted me to play last season in the first team, and they offered to renew my contract”. As from now he made it clear that: "Now it’s up to me to prove that I can play for Barcelona and help the team to stay at the top".

Present at the signing of new contract were President Sandro Rosell, Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta, Director of Football Raul Sanllehi, and Thiago himself, accompanied by his father and his agents.

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/29/n110629118205.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:49 am

Zubi emphasisesThiago’s commitment

Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta thanked Thiago for his desire to stay at Barça despite the offers that he might have received. "We also wanted you to carry on within this project" he said.

Once Thiago’s contract renewal, until 2015, was completed, Andoni Zubizarreta expressed his satisfaction with the midfielder’s desire to continue with the Club. "Offers? I neither know nor want to know. It’s pretty normal that he will have had offers. He’s a great player, very good in a 1-to-1 situation, he scores goals, has a good pass, gets into the area, and shows commitment” he said.

According to him, "after the season he’s had, both with the first team and in the reserves, and even more after his showing with the Under-21’s, it’s normal that he will have received more than one offer......but I also want to add that neither he nor his agents have used, at any time, any offers, to pressurise the Club. Something else we can thank him for" he said.

First we look inside the club

Speaking to Barça TV and www.fcbarcelona.cat , the Sporting Director described the understanding of both parties at all times: "Everything falls under its own weight. He wanted to stay with us, with all the good things that implies, and we also wanted him to continue within this project. So, with both parties so inclined, what’s happened is pretty normal".

Moreover, for Zubi, this contract renewal is another example of the Barça model. "It's part of our philosophy: we look at what we have in-house before looking elsewhere. Thiago is one of the clearest examples of ewhat we have in front of us".

Link: http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/06/29/n110629118209.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:31 am

A determined Thiago. no Cesc please.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 am

lm, what a lovely signature !!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Óscar García: “I want to make history at Barça”

Óscar García, currently in charge of the FC Barcelona Juvenil A team, has just finished his first year at the club as a coach after having been a player for the club for 14 years. His debut on the benches of the Barcelona Juvenil A side, similar to what happened to Pep Guardiola in his first year in charge of the first team, couldn’t have been better: he managed to win it all.

The coach’s Juvenil A squad were this season crowned as champion of the ‘triplete’ for only the second time in the club’s history. Despite this achievement, García doesn’t know if he’ll continue next year at the club. Logically he will. The club wants to renew him and he has no intention of leaving. FC Barcelona wants to directly start the talks for renewal, only two days after a memorable year.

* Here is an interview published today by Catalan sports daily Sport:

`Did you imagine anything like this?

I couldn’t imagine, neither what we’ve achieved, nor anything similar to what we’ve achieved; and with such competitive football as well.

`What was the most difficult thing?

The beginning. We wanted to include a few concepts so that we could start forming well [as a team] and be competitive. When this was implemented the great results started coming.

`What concepts?

We have to prepare well for every competition, so that we are ahead of those we face. In each level of the youth football teams you have to add new styles and concepts [to fit the league conditions] and in the Juvenil teams you have to add the concept of competitiveness.

`And that is because the next step is the Segunda División?

Yes, it is the most decisive step. They have to be prepared physically, technically, tactically and psychologically. They have to dominate these four aspects.

`Did you teach them other stuff, like the ‘contragolpe’ that we saw in the final of the Copa del Rey?

It is very important that they don’t depend solely on what the coach tells them. This is one of the most important things so that they’ll be viewed as a good team.

`Did you spend many hours finding new solutions?

I love it, I love to study how to make the opponent suffer, how to make use of the qualities of my players. I have a passion for it. And when you see the results you’ll have the proof and the reasoning…

`Such as placing Rafa Alcantara as a false number nine? [Note: One of the main changes Oscar made to the team, which gave great results, making Rafa one of the team's top scorers.]

It went well for him because he has liberty and is close to the area, he can make the enemy suffer.

`Is his character different from Thiago’s?

I didn’t know Thiago at Rafa’s age.

`Does Rafa have more humility?

Regarding his [humility], I don’t complain about any player: Gómez, Rafa, Espinosa, Deulofeu… and all the others who were promoted to Barça B. Those who played the most were Rafa and Gómez, they demonstrated when their level went down that they really wanted to play. This is an example for their teammates.

`And the best thing about Deulofeu is his mental progression?

Yes, but not only about him. Gerard is a player with a great future. And he has to know how to carry that, and if well carried, he can become a player who is very, very important in Spanish football.

`Has there ever been such capacity for disequilibrium in the Juvenil teams before [Deulofeu]?

No, in this category no. None is like him. No other player has his one-on-one ability, and his speed to do it. But he has to work on other stuff and make them better. If he does that, he’ll be very important.

`Do you feel respected by the players?

Being an ex-player helped me a lot. Then, during the year, it feels better and you win day by day.

`Would you like to make a career in the club?

Yes, I’d like to. Being in Barça signifies being in the club of my whole life, I’m been of Barça since I was little, I have spent all of my life defending these colors. And continuing this way would be very good from the professional point of view as much as my personal point of view.

Thank you, Óscar García, for giving the Juvenil A one of their best years ever and guiding the progress of some of the most talented players to ever be in Barça!

Read more: http://www.totalbarca.com/2011/youth/oscar-garcia-i-want-to-make-history-at-barca/#ixzz1QnkMesn9
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:51 pm

messixaviesta wrote:lm, what a lovely signature !!!
thanks Smile

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Liverpool's Suarez 'dreams' of playing for Barca
Fri, 1 Jul 2011

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said he would be unable to turn down the chance to play for European champions Barcelona should they come calling.
------------------

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has said he would love the chance to play for European champions Barcelona.

Suarez only joined Liverpool in a £22 million deal from Ajax in January but revealed he aways had a "dream" of playing for the all-conquering Spanish giants.

His agent, Pere Guardiola, is the brother of Barca coach Pep Guardiola, but the Uruguay international says this had no bearing on his goal.

"Before meeting Pere Guardiola, my current agent, I had this desire, this dream of a chance to play for that team [Barcelona]," Suarez is quoted as saying in Spanish sports weekly Don Balon.

"Obviously he [Pere] is a person related to Barcelona by his brother, but work situations are totally different relationships. If Guardiola wanted me, he would want me no matter who represents me."

Suarez came off the bench to score on his Liverpool debut at Anfield and quickly became a fans' favourite when he contributed to all three of his team's goals in a 3-1 win over arch-rivals Manchester United.

Source: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/931673/liverpool's-luis-suarez-'dreams'-of-playing-for-barcelona?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=4716
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next