CroInter
zarola
REWB
JuvenelCuore
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ?

Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_lcap47%Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 16 ]
Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_lcap12%Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 4 ]
Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_lcap24%Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 8 ]
Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_lcap17%Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 34

Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Empty Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 pm

Do you rate Giorgio Chiellini as worldclass ? That is, does he have enough skill to play on the likes of any team in the world, assuming a spot is not already taken...for example, I doubt a CB, even if he was better than Puyol or Vidic, would take it over.

Say there is a vacancy. Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, etc. all are looking for a CB. Would you take Giorgio Chiellini ?

Cheers.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Empty Re: Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:46 pm

Some video and photo, for the undecided or unknowing:

Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Bloody-nose
Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Ttochiellini-blood
Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Roma.mexes_.014_6
Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Giorgio+Chiellini+Juventus+FC+v+Roma+Serie+5ww9aeuUqOFl

Would not want to be on the receiving end of a Giorgione tackle.

Did I mention he has a PhD ? Wink
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:07 pm

yes, and anyone who says he isnt just because he hasnt won much lately with juve, just hasnt seen him play. he is world class
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:yes, and anyone who says he isnt just because he hasnt won much lately with juve, just hasnt seen him play. he is world class

Hate that conception...
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm

No. He's overrated. He' s very very clumsy and makes too many mistakes to be a CB.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:12 pm

zarola wrote:No. He's overrated. He' s very very clumsy and makes too many mistakes to be a CB.

Who said he could only be a CB ? His natural position is a LB so the fact that he is at the very least "good" playing out of position is quite something. And I would love to see some mistakes because maybe I miss them...
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:21 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
zarola wrote:No. He's overrated. He' s very very clumsy and makes too many mistakes to be a CB.

Who said he could only be a CB ? His natural position is a LB so the fact that he is at the very least "good" playing out of position is quite something. And I would love to see some mistakes because maybe I miss them...

Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Nosonja

But its ok, after the mistake he put Boateng on the ground so he cant go on counter, and Milan didnt even get a foul for this.
So he does makes mistakes, but he corrects them immediately with his clean and honorable play :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:28 pm

CroInter wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Is Giorgio Chiellini Worldclass ? Nosonja

But its ok, after the mistake he put Boateng on the ground so he cant go on counter, and Milan didnt even get a foul for this.
So he does makes mistakes, but he corrects them immediately with his clean and honorable play :coffee:

Relevance factor is very high my friend. Keep it up. Ladri.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:30 pm

He is a good player with a lot of fire and a great spirit I give him that, and PHD? thats impressive.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Ade wrote:He is a good player with a lot of fire and a great spirit I give him that, and PHD? thats impressive.

That he is.

Yes, it is a little known fact, so little in fact that when he was here in Toronto and I addressed him as "Doctor," everyone stared at me as if I was delusional, but Giorgio knew obviously and turned around and smiled and winked at me...endearing, I know. Laughing

He has a PhD in economics/business. He has a family of intellects though; his Father is a medical doctor, while his twin-Brother is a lawyer. Very nice, though it is a shame Giorgio's Brother is not a footballer.

A defensive line with both the Chiellini's ? Madonna...
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 pm

*note I don't hate Chiellini.

Yeah I think at LB Chiellini is one of the best in the world but he plays CB more. We'll see. For me I prefer Criscito at the left for Italy, but that's not what this topic is about.

You asked for an example of his clumsiness....

Let's take a look at the biggest match Chiellini ever had to play (world's biggest stage, Italy's most important match of their 2010 campaign).

All three goals, Chiellini screwed up in one way or another, having Marchetti didn't help or a 36 year old cannavaro, but still... this just shows why he isn't world class.

Goal 1, dumb move by chiellini to go in for the slide tackle to block the pass which left the middle open.

Goal 2, Chiellini not ball side of his man.

Goal 3, actually nvm goal 3 wasn't his fault but still

Razz just some examples.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:11 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Ade wrote:He is a good player with a lot of fire and a great spirit I give him that, and PHD? thats impressive.

That he is.

Yes, it is a little known fact, so little in fact that when he was here in Toronto and I addressed him as "Doctor," everyone stared at me as if I was delusional, but Giorgio knew obviously and turned around and smiled and winked at me...endearing, I know. Laughing

He has a PhD in economics/business. He has a family of intellects though; his Father is a medical doctor, while his twin-Brother is a lawyer. Very nice, though it is a shame Giorgio's Brother is not a footballer.

I see that's really surprising in a good way, wonder how he could fit all that time for a PhD whilst playing football.

P.S why is your sig so damn big :lol!:
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:23 pm

He is an amazing player. Would streak around naked all over toronto if he ever joined Arsenal. (Unfortunately it aint happening)
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:He is an amazing player. Would streak around naked all over toronto if he ever joined Arsenal. (Unfortunately it aint happening)
unfortunately for you, fortunately for canada Shocked
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:31 pm

nawwww man hate to toot my own horn, but im pretty hot.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:37 pm

I have watched him quite a bit as I am an on and off juve watcher. One thing I noticed is that he has a great positonal sense, he is a butcher like pepe, but he sometimes seems to swithc off. If he can sort out his concentration issues he will be the next Baresi.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Seriously boring questions. Thats like asking if Messi world class
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:34 am

Ade wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

That he is.

I see that's really surprising in a good way, wonder how he could fit all that time for a PhD whilst playing football.

P.S why is your sig so damn big :lol!:

Yeah it is. I imagine that he would do some sort of program online, or one that would require him to do minimal in-class appearances...mainly due to the fact that as you said, he is busy, and also, he would go to school in Torino where everyone would recognize a 6'1 local football player. Also, he is a celebrity, so I am sure some sort of accommodation was promptly made.

He also won graduate of the year...will find the pic.

Sig so big because I am a complex person. Laughing

@Zarola: I think you make valid points, but firstly, a bad game was experienced, and also, can you even point out a positive player on Italia besides Quagliarella ? I am saying this as a nationalist Italian that the team was God awful.

@Grande_Milano: the poll appears to prove you wrong, but I appreciate the complimentary statement nonetheless.

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:23 am

I think he is world class and is a very fast CB like T.Silva. He will become even better, too. He's also incredibly tough and has a good 'never-say-die' attitude. I think he is a born winner + leader.

The tackle he did on RVP pissed me off though.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:27 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:I think he is world class and is a very fast CB like T.Silva. He will become even better, too. He's also incredibly tough and has a good 'never-say-die' attitude. I think he is a born winner + leader.

The tackle he did on RVP pissed me off though.

Precisely brother, spot on.

I can imagine how bad that tackle must have felt. It was beautifully executed and clean, but the fact that Van Persie is unfortunately made of glass [it is a shame, he is CLASS] and you have Giorgione Chiellini sliding in do not mix well.

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:34 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:@Zarola: I think you make valid points, but firstly, a bad game was experienced, and also, can you even point out a positive player on Italia besides Quagliarella ? I am saying this as a nationalist Italian that the team was God awful.

just because the entire team does bad that's no excuse. As you said, Quagliarella did good, that means doing good was possible. That's inarguable.

What's not inarguable however is the following players which I think did not too bad: Montolivo (extremely frustrating at times, but he also had a lot of bad luck), Criscito (young, unknown, inexperienced, not at fault for any goals), Zambrotta, despite being an old fart, had not too bad of runs and was not fault for any goals.... Di Natale did not too bad as well in the little time he played.

zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 am

zarola wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:@Zarola: I think you make valid points, but firstly, a bad game was experienced, and also, can you even point out a positive player on Italia besides Quagliarella ? I am saying this as a nationalist Italian that the team was God awful.

just because the entire team does bad that's no excuse. As you said, Quagliarella did good, that means doing good was possible. That's inarguable.

What's not inarguable however is the following players which I think did not too bad: Montolivo (extremely frustrating at times, but he also had a lot of bad luck), Criscito (young, unknown, inexperienced, not at fault for any goals), Zambrotta, despite being an old fart, had not too bad of runs and was not fault for any goals.... Di Natale did not too bad as well in the little time he played.

Well I mean there were some players who did well, but compared to how they are doing now, bar Di Natale and Zambrotta who are not playing for Italia, the difference is immense.

Giorgio Chiellini had a bad game, it happens. I bet I could find Maldini having an off-day.

Fine, I could Nesta having a bad day. Laughing
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:49 am

You don't win more Serie A defender's of the year than Canavaro by being average do you?

He is WC and would probably be a starter at LB or CB at any team you listed, though not an automatic one.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:55 am

ragbirjosh wrote:You don't win more Serie A defender's of the year than Canavaro by being average do you?

He is WC and would probably be a starter at LB or CB at any team you listed, though not an automatic one.

Nice. Thumbs up

Yeah, I do not expect him to walk into a Barcelona team [especially them who place emphasis on homegrown talent] and take over Puyol's role, or into Manchester United's and take over Vidic's place in the team, but if ever there was a vacancy, I could see it.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:26 am

Of course Chiellini is world class.

He was stand-out player in all of Juventus average sides in last 3-4 years.

Take a note also, it is twice as a hard job to lead defensive line, when you have mediocre coach.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum