Welcome home

5 posters

Go down

Welcome home  Empty Welcome home

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:14 pm

Wednesday 19 October, 2011
Baldini starts Roma job

England general manager Franco Baldini is already at Trigoria to take over his role for Roma.

Baldini was spotted at the Trigoria training ground today, where he’ll begin working as the club’s new director general.

The deal was put in place earlier this summer and Baldini was in on several transfer strategy meetings, even though he was still technically working for the English FA.

“Our technical-tactical project is 50 per cent complete, though the attitude and behaviour of the players is almost perfect,” argued director of sport Walter Sabatini.

“We are close to the model we want. Roma are still a work in progress, not only in terms of choosing the players, but this team exists and is not just a promise.”

Confidence was hit hard by Sunday night’s stoppage-time 2-1 derby defeat to Lazio.

“We played the long ball too many times and didn’t pass the ball around enough. Luis Enrique is looking for the right mix and he will find it,” concluded Sabatini on Romanews.eu.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Welcome home  Empty Re: Welcome home

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Some pictures...

Welcome home  S2bsyf

Looks like they really dislike each other... Laughing

Italian Media :facepalm:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome home  Wmiis7

Last edited by The Fonz on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Enrique = most casual coach in Italy
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:49 am

SadSadSad at least you got ur captain for more time than us Sad((
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:28 am

He'll be a big, big presence in the background for us. Expect him to work his magic in the background and iron out the rest of the wrinkles in this team.

It's all coming together quite nicely.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 am

He will be crucial in our next transfer targets.

Im happy about him and Totti Smile
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:51 am

McLewis wrote:He'll be a big, big presence in the background for us. Expect him to work his magic in the background and iron out the rest of the wrinkles in this team.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Baldini has quite a reputation in Italy, along with a not so good rapport with Milan and Juventus (not as bad now, since Moggi is gone). And we all know that Calcio is basically all politics, which may come to our disadvantage if a dispute does break. Many people around the club (notable fans, analysts, commentators, etc) have expressed their concern over this. It's nothing to worry about for the moment, but hopefully things go well from here.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:03 am

ErPupone wrote:
McLewis wrote:He'll be a big, big presence in the background for us. Expect him to work his magic in the background and iron out the rest of the wrinkles in this team.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Baldini has quite a reputation in Italy, along with a not so good rapport with Milan and Juventus (not as bad now, since Moggi is gone). And we all know that Calcio is basically all politics, which may come to our disadvantage if a dispute does break. Many people around the club (notable fans, analysts, commentators, etc) have expressed their concern over this. It's nothing to worry about for the moment, but hopefully things go well from here.

Yeah there is always the possibility for controversy, but I suppose it's all a wait-n-see game now for the time being. We'll have to observe just what kind of ripples Baldini's return will make.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:08 am

Friday 21 October, 2011
New Roma wanted Guardiola

Barcelona’s Pep Guardiola was offered the Roma job during the summer, new Giallorossi director general Franco Baldini has noted.

The official revealed the news on Friday during his official presentation on his return to a role with the capital club.

“I had a word with Guardiola,” stated Baldini. “I asked him if he fancied taking a step towards Roma. He responded by saying perhaps in a few years’ time…”

After much pondering, Roma eventually decided to replace Vincenzo Montella with Barcelona B boss Luis Enrique.

“I liked him from the start,” said the man who has worked alongside Fabio Capello for the English national side. “I instantly adored him as a person and the facts are proving me right.

“This is his first real experience, but he is talented and he has to make his own mistakes. He’s going to be a great Coach.

“I want him to be that immediately and he has all the characteristics to do so. We now have to give him the elements to succeed.”

Baldini was also inevitably questioned on Francesco Totti, after he labelled him as “lazy” in an interview, and the future of Daniele De Rossi whose deal expires in 2012.

“I didn’t say he was lazy, I was talking about the laziness of being asked to take part in various initiatives,” Baldini noted.

“These things won’t be asked of him by us. We want to put him in a normal situation and it wasn’t a criticism of him.

“I needed just five minutes with Francesco to clear things up.

“De Rossi? He’s very serene and mature,” added the former Real Madrid director. “I hadn’t seen him for years.

“I told him that if he only has half of the desire to stay that we have in wanting him to stay then we’ll agree a contract – no matter how long it takes.

“He seems orientated towards wanting to find a new agreement.”
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:11 pm

I also recall him saying that he wanted Villa Boas for the Roma job back in the summer as well,but he was put off by the 15 million price-tag...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum