Sina
Spider
Mr Nick09
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RVP Question for ya - Page 2 Empty Re: RVP Question for ya

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 am

Lex wrote:From what i've seen, Benzema runs hot and cold. Only thing that stops RVP topping goalscoring records annually is injury, When fit, the guy is as good as anyone in Europe

Plus, as soon as RVP went and Benz came in, he'd immediately become shit/no talent/poor finisher etc. because we're Arsenal

Well, very often, we forget that despite how amazingly talented those young players are, they are still YOUNG, and will fall victim to inconsistency and drop of form sometimes. *Dont read it too loud, it will ruin arguments around here...*

But in truth, benzema has been in great form since february, 2011 has been very successful for him. I think he boasts similar numbers to RVP actually

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:52 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Lex wrote:From what i've seen, Benzema runs hot and cold. Only thing that stops RVP topping goalscoring records annually is injury, When fit, the guy is as good as anyone in Europe

Plus, as soon as RVP went and Benz came in, he'd immediately become shit/no talent/poor finisher etc. because we're Arsenal

Well, very often, we forget that despite how amazingly talented those young players are, they are still YOUNG, and will fall victim to inconsistency and drop of form sometimes. *Dont read it too loud, it will ruin arguments around here...*

But in truth, benzema has been in great form since february, 2011 has been very successful for him. I think he boasts similar numbers to RVP actually

Would you trade Benzema for RVP?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:28 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Would you trade Benzema for RVP?
I think i would, but my reasoning is a bit particular. I do not believe that the Benzema-HIguain situation will go on for very long. Unless both are played together consistently, we are going to lose one at some point. It is a very particular situation, and it's only working now because they are both very young, and none is in his prime. Of course i can be very wrong and there is no telling what the future might be like.

On the other side, it's easier to have an up and coming star CF coexist with another already established, closed to his 30's player. At least it seems to me that it would be an easier situation as there is natural transition, and both would be very happy to rotate (not to say that we have a crisis). I think the gap in age matters, and you have less concerns about building up two young talents playing the same position, because one is already well cooked.

It's all in theory of course, so i might be very wrong Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:47 am

the only reason i would take benzema is down to his age.

van persie is a better player all round.

in saying that benzema would be a great asset to our team
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:53 am

"Isnt there value to have an equally talented young player you can slowly build the club around for many years to come? He is not yet as good as RVP, but there is 0 doubt he will become at the very least, just as good."

Benz will never touch rvp
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:05 am

I have a question for you, Would you trade Ronaldo for Denilson?
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:10 am

Artemis wrote:"Isnt there value to have an equally talented young player you can slowly build the club around for many years to come? He is not yet as good as RVP, but there is 0 doubt he will become at the very least, just as good."

Benz will never touch rvp

not trying to offend your fanboism but the level at which van persie is playing at, is nothing special. He isnt an "omg" type of footballer "i have never seen this before". One of the top forward of his era when in form, but he accomplished nothing ground breaking.

He is a lovely footballer to watch and his technical abilities are certainly impressive, but that's how far it goes for me.

Benzema is just 23, and he himself has a very high technical ceiling. If you think he has no shot at achieving a lot more than RvP, and becoming a greater player, then you are not being honest with yourself. At the very least, he will become one of the best striker of his era. Just ask Wenger...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 am

Emaharg wrote:I have a question for you, Would you trade Ronaldo for Denilson?

Well, it seems like the lots of you are getting offended for no good reasons...

It's a very poor analogy here. RvP is nothing like Ronaldo, and Denilson is a fraud. Not trying to start some comparison cycle jerk here, it's easy enough to say 'no' when you disagree.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:11 am

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

It's a very poor analogy here. RvP is nothing like Ronaldo, and Denilson is a fraud. Not trying to start some comparison cycle jerk here, it's easy enough to say 'no' when you disagree.

In term of football only, I could handle the switch but absolutely not atm. Arsenal is going through tough time right now, we desperately need someone capable of carrying us through game by game, RVP is already proven. Could you imagine current Arsenal w/o RVP ? that very thought often scares me. Could Benz do that? I don't put my bet on him, not yet anyways. RM created galore chances and he missed sitter as well, with number of chances per game we have atm, Benz could do lot worse. The days when Arsenal created load of chances and missed just as many is over. I'm sure Benz will be wc one day but until then. Ideally though, he could come and slot right in upfront in 433. Like you said, Benz and Higgy situation might not last and we are in dire need for proper forward playing on the wing.

As for other reasons outside football, it would be stupid move to shift out your captain, most iconic player & fan favorite at time like this.

Again, it's legit question, you gotta understand though it's RVP so fanboyism is unavoidable.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:33 am

As much as this may make you think I'm a fanboy, I think RVP is a master when it comes to technical ability and finishing. He is an "omg" type of football player and the glimpses we've seen of him healthy have only reinforced that.

However, I think Benzema could definitely reach RVPs stature because of his age and ability so far.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:42 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Do you really expect any Arsenal fan to say yes I would trade RVP? he is our captain and still has many years to give us. Benzema is good but not at RVP level yet. Just look who is supporting him in your team if he comes to Arsenal he wont be surrounded by some of the biggest names in the football, it will be really hard for him to perform Arsenal.

RVP would take Real to the next level and beat Barcelona. There are just some players you can never replace and RVP is one of them. Benzema would be just like Chamakh at Arsenal not able to carry us.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

NO

lol jk

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:58 pm

RvP is on a good, injury-free run right now. Some of his injuries in the past were from tackles that would've put anybody on the sidelines. I don't consider his injury record in the past to be enough to convince me that Arsenal would be better off with someone else, no matter how good, so no I would not trade RvP for any striker.

Plus, while Benzema should be great in the future, right now RvP is better IMO. Best solution would be to have both though.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Do you really expect any Arsenal fan to say yes I would trade RVP? he is our captain and still has many years to give us. Benzema is good but not at RVP level yet. Just look who is supporting him in your team if he comes to Arsenal he wont be surrounded by some of the biggest names in the football, it will be really hard for him to perform Arsenal.

RVP would take Real to the next level and beat Barcelona. There are just some players you can never replace and RVP is one of them. Benzema would be just like Chamakh at Arsenal not able to carry us.

Yes i do, i have seen Arsenal fans calling for Wenger's head in the past, why would this be any different. Besides, i am talking about, say, next summer for example, not next week. So you give yourself time to gear up for a successful summer market.

Are you honestly comparing Chamackh to Benzema? lol. Whether he can carry you or not, is a debatable question. The nature of his game makes me think that he is actually the one player in football right now who can do what RvP does for Arsenal. Which is being more than a scorer, but a playmaker of sort, leading the line of attack. In my opinion he could do it, not as effectively as there is a difference in maturity and experience but he can. You can tell by looking at the way France is built around him, and the way he usually dominates for them, or the way he plays for Real now, dominating in attack, and being everywhere.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Gotta agree but you obviously can't expect any Gooner to welcome an RVP transfer, no matter how much it could benefit us. But yes, if we had to lose him, Benzema would be ideal.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:03 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:

Yes i do, i have seen Arsenal fans calling for Wenger's head in the past, why would this be any different. Besides, i am talking about, say, next summer for example, not next week. So you give yourself time to gear up for a successful summer market.

Are you honestly comparing Chamackh to Benzema? lol. Whether he can carry you or not, is a debatable question. The nature of his game makes me think that he is actually the one player in football right now who can do what RvP does for Arsenal. Which is being more than a scorer, but a playmaker of sort, leading the line of attack. In my opinion he could do it, not as effectively as there is a difference in maturity and experience but he can. You can tell by looking at the way France is built around him, and the way he usually dominates for them, or the way he plays for Real now, dominating in attack, and being everywhere.

Well if RVP dont want to sign with Arsenal then yes we would like to Trade him in the summer for Benzema.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Nick, the point I was making is that there is no way I would ever take that deal. I'm not offended just giving you an example.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:36 pm

I wouldn't swap them.

There isn't a whole lot of difference in talent. Benzema has age on his side, but van Persie is the sort of player who could play at the same level even at 32/33, because he doesn't rely on being quick or strong, just very intelligent. He'll never lose that intelligence, so long as he keeps playing.

Van Persie is close to being an Arsenal legend, too, and is adored by the fans. He's one of the few players in the squad that know what Arsenal is about and an idol for the young players at the club. We've always lamented that we've lacked this type of presence in the squad, so it wouldn't make much sense to me to lose it.

Benzema will be a world class striker soon, but I see more benefits in keeping van Persie than swapping him for somebody else.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:38 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:I wouldn't swap them.

There isn't a whole lot of difference in talent. Benzema has age on his side, but van Persie is the sort of player who could play at the same level even at 32/33, because he doesn't rely on being quick or strong, just very intelligent. He'll never lose that intelligence, so long as he keeps playing.

Van Persie is close to being an Arsenal legend, too, and is adored by the fans. He's one of the few players in the squad that know what Arsenal is about and an idol for the young players at the club. We've always lamented that we've lacked this type of presence in the squad, so it wouldn't make much sense to me to lose it.

What if in the summer and he wont sign new contract? I would not mind selling or trading him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Selling him, maybe, but who'd want to trade for him? I'm sure teams would much rather wait until his deal expires and then get him on a free, thus getting him and keeping whatever player would be involved in a potential trade.

Whether or not we should sell him or not if he doesn't sign a new deal is a different matter.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Selling him, maybe, but who'd want to trade for him? I'm sure teams would much rather wait until his deal expires and then get him on a free, thus getting him and keeping whatever player would be involved in a potential trade.

Whether or not we should sell him or not if he doesn't sign a new deal is a different matter.

I hope he dose sign a long contract like you said he could play till he is 32/33 years old. What I ment by the trade was RVP for Benzema trade, if RVP wants to leave.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Would you guys trade RVP for Benzema if given the chance? Very Happy

No, I am actually one that does feel as though RVP is at a place that Benz will not be at for years to come. A lot of it has to do with the players that are around them. Could be wrong, won’t be the first time or the last I am sure. If RVP has played with the caliber of players that Benz has around him imagine what he could have achieved.
You know a few years back my kid would always come to me with the most outlandish trade scenarios and I use to have to sit back and bite my tongue being nice instead of laughing at him. Is it possible that we will lose RVP this summer? Sure he is getting up in age and as unfortunate as it is, If he sees an opportunity to move on to a team that offers him a good possibility to win something. We should all except that and be as happy for him as possible. Again, I do not want to see him leave but I can understand why some players are considering it. I think that the best option for AFC would be to try and bring Benz in with RVP. The problem I see with it and the reason for the trade comment above. Why would Benz be willing to transfer to AFC. Is he really going to want to leave a team that debatably is the world’s second best team to go to Arsenal? Yea he is going to be willing to move from the team of Alonso, Kaka, Ozil and CR. So that he can start with Song, Artetta, Rosicky, Arshavin and RVP(who in the trade will not be here so we can through in Walcott, who according to reports might not be here so who Park, Chamakh or Chamberlin?). Hmm, Yea I just don’t see it happening. But if it did and the football gods did decide to favor AFC that would be cool. We would need to hurry and line up the additional trades though.
Artetta for Ozil, Heck yea!
Kaka for Rosicky most definitely.
Don’t like the diving so we won’t go for CR. So, maybe Arshavin for Rooney?
Yes these are all ridiculous. The most likely trade that I see for Benz will be ManC for cash.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:34 am

how about now? hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 am

Rather than selling him to any of the Manchester clubs,I wouldn't mind swapping him with Benzema.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:46 pm

RVP Question for ya - Page 2 37329810
but still NoRVP Question for ya - Page 2 Trolldolski
swap him with odemwingie banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:59 pm

lool if benz comes to arsenal....lool imagine how much giroud would feel trolled.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next