McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by stevieg8 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:04 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:Courtesy of a soccernet update from various sources... Villarreal are on the verge of signing Zapata, Roma is willing to go 20 mil for Clichy, Downing needs to put in a transfer request for AV to let him go, and the listing of Meireles was due to a dispute over his wage rise, not just due to an excess of players.

Great news all around. Neutral

That Clichy rumor is BS.Not sure about others.

Yeah, I figured it was, considering we've been discussing 5-10 on this forum.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 29 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 am

I don't see Arsenal holding in the competition for Mata..

Rumors that Meireles promise has been broken by FSG and they look to offlaod him now.. Expect some sad and emotional comments from Raul if he leaves..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:29 am

Well, it's Monday, start of new week, maybe news / good rumours will start coming in again...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 am

Rumors i have read:

Adam will be signed today with Shelvy and Darby going on loan to Blackpool.

Downing will hand in a transfer request today if not tomorrow.

We offered new contract with pay hike to Meireles but he rejected it because it was less than promised.So we will sell him if good offer comes in but him going of is not set in stone.

we will see
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am

Shame about Raul, I didn't think he'd leave so soon after joining.

He is better than Adam IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:05 am

kick mars wrote:Shame about Raul, I didn't think he'd leave so soon after joining.

I dont think Adam is brought it to replace Meireles.He is more of a backup for Gerrard.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
kick mars wrote:Shame about Raul, I didn't think he'd leave so soon after joining.

I dont think Adam is brought it to replace Meireles.He is more of a backup for Gerrard.
Adam doesn't have the pace, tackling, workrate, or shooting to properly fill Gerrard's role. He [Adam] and Meireles are far more similar in playing style than either is to Gerrard.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:26 am

RedOranje wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Adam doesn't have the pace, tackling, workrate, or shooting to properly fill Gerrard's role. He [Adam] and Meireles are far more similar in playing style than either is to Gerrard.

Well Meireles played in RW and AM for us under Kenny whereas Gerrard played in CM whenever fit.Adam is a CM player so the natural assumption is that he is cover for Gerrard.They may have different styles but they play in the same position.

Unless Gerrard is moved into AM which i very much doubt not sure how Adam will get into the team.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:42 am

There's talk of Gerrard playing on the right in a forward three. Gerrard's best position over the past 4 seasons has been AM. Raul played CM throughout his career before joining us and, other than passing range and set piece delivery, matches up favourably to Adam in all categories that are looked at for CM.

In the end it doesn't matter though as I said the two were closer to each other than either was to Gerrard, so I have no idea why you're trying to argue one is more likely to back up Gerrard's place. Seems to me if anyone is going to be the likely back up for Gerrard it's Henderson (tends to play RM/CAM/CM).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:10 am

The point is Meireles played in AM for us.Adam is not an AM.So he is not a replacement for Meireles IMO.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 am

I don't think we had that much difference between our AM and CM positions last season. It was two CMs who both pushed forward when we were attacking, if you ask me.

Moreover, I don't really see Henderson & Adam as replacements for anyone. They are just two new players to our midfield who will play to best of their abilities, they don't have to be the same as our current / previous midfield players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:47 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/930601/sochaux-starlet-ryad-boudebouz-claims-liverpool-interest?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739

Ryad Boudebouz, 21, claiming that we're seriously interested in him.
I've heard the name but don't know the lad. A playmaker, apparently, so another midfield player.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Another midfielder.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Now Diego claiming we have held talks with him and he is coming to PL 100% but wont reveal the name.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Art Morte wrote:
I've heard the name but don't know the lad. A playmaker, apparently, so another midfield player.

BeautifulGame wrote:Another midfielder.
yeah but hes more of an AM/R & L winger, (not a central mid like all those we already have or are linked with),
so if ever he came it would probably be for the wings.
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:06 pm

yes any guy who is in the MIDFIELD is connected to us. .next we would hear the referees in the sidelines would say "i would like to join LFC as i like accustomed standing mid pitch" Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:08 pm

what am worried about is the fact that recent rumors have been surrounding our options with life without MATA! !

this is sad . . Mad Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:03 pm

So Malaga & PSG are doing better than us, in the transfer market!!!

I haven't lost heart, not yet, still. But I have reason to doubt the hype about the Camoli guy & this transfer window.

Frankly, I have already lowered the expectations and will now be happy with the following:
1. Clear at least some of the trash
2. Keep the good players
3. Decent LB & LW
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:11 pm

iftikhar wrote:So Malaga & PSG are doing better than us, in the transfer market!!!

I haven't lost heart, not yet, still. But I have reason to doubt the hype about the Camoli guy & this transfer window.

Frankly, I have already lowered the expectations and will now be happy with the following:
2. Keep the good players
3. Decent LB & LW

I have similar sentiments, but I'm optimistic. The continental window hasn't opened yet, so let's wait a couple days.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:13 pm

iftikhar wrote:So Malaga & PSG are doing better than us, in the transfer market!!!

2. Keep the good players
3. Decent LB & LW
now one knows whats really happening mate..
and its not even 1st July yet

maybe when comes 1st September Comolli & Kenny will have surpassed your expectations.

(EDIT: and btw, for now PSG have only bought Gameiro for €11mil, so its not what i would call doing better than us)
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:23 pm

frakking hell.

Why are we linked with so many central midfielders ?

It's starting to piss me off........Are we planning to play 1-8-1 ??

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:45 pm

2. Keep the good players
3. Decent LB & LW

How have Malaga or PSG done better than us.They havent signed anyone good enough for us.We signed Suarez and Carroll too after Camolli came in.Have they signed anyone of similar quality?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Boudebouz would be an exciting signing, He was excellent for Algeria in the WC..
He played LWM for them in the WC..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Nishank wrote:Boudebouz would be an exciting signing, He was excellent for Algeria in the WC..

yes that is what is SCARY! ! Mata also plays LM! ! Shocked Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Nishank wrote:Boudebouz would be an exciting signing, He was excellent for Algeria in the WC..

At this rate we might end up with Wayne Bridge & Damien Duff :-)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

At this rate we might end up with Wayne Bridge & Damien Duff :-)

ooo those nightmares affraid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next