billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Messi's last season dribblings Empty Re: Messi's last season dribblings

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:17 am

I bet he couldn't do that on a cold night versus stoke Razz

Messi's dribbling has become more disciplined over the years, imo i prefer Iniesta's style more.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:38 pm

and I remember someone on this forum that said that messi has become a worse dribbler Laughing

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 pm

I remember a certain poster claiming with all seriousness that he is an average player…
It’s the internet what do you expect?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:15 pm

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:I bet he couldn't do that on a cold night versus stoke Razz

Messi's dribbling has become more disciplined over the years, imo i prefer Iniesta's style more.

Messi's dribbling is instinctive, how can it be disciplined. Iniesta's style looks nice but it is nowhere near Messis in terms of effectiveness.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:49 pm

Messi is the best player i've seen since Ronaldinho, R9 and Henry. Just incredible player.

But i doubt he could do that in a cold night at Britannia Stadium

Spoiler:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Just a few days ago some people claimed that Marcelo is the better dribbler Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:15 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Just a few days ago some people claimed that Marcelo is the better dribbler Razz
but...but... he's the nutmeg maestro with an afro! Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm

I read vap saying that Messi has become more predictable over the past one and a half years.He mentions that Messi doesnt dribble anywhere near as much as he used to.
While I agree with the dribbling part,the rest I dont agree with.
Messi is far more unpredictable now than he was one and a half years ago.
For example the Messi back then would not have scored the third goal against Racing which was a very good strike with his right foot.The Messi back then also would not have hit a snap shot from outside the box with his right foot against Venezuela.
The Messi back then would not have pulled off outrageous passes like the ones in jilopsi's sig.He would have probably gone on a run.
And he does all this while being just as deadly a dribbler as before.Just that he picks his moments better.

I would take this Messi anyday over the dribbler Messi of 2 years ago(as good as he was).He is just a couple of levels better.

What does everyone else think?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:33 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I read vap saying that Messi has become more predictable over the past one and a half years.He mentions that Messi doesnt dribble anywhere near as much as he used to.
For example the Messi back then would not have scored the third goal against Racing which was a very good strike with his right foot.The Messi back then also would not have hit a snap shot from outside the box with his right foot against Venezuela.
The Messi back then would not have pulled off outrageous passes like the ones in jilopsi's sig.He would have probably gone on a run.
And he does all this while being just as deadly a dribbler as before.Just that he picks his moments better.

I would take this Messi anyday over the dribbler Messi of 2 years ago(as good as he was).He is just a couple of levels better.

I completely agree. i went back into the storage file and rewatched like 10 barcelona matches from 09. The difference is actually frightenening. I mentioned this in the barca 09 vs barca 11 thread. Messi causes defences far moe problems and his passing has improved. He is playing at another level. 09 he was at cristianos level. now he has surpassed him. that is the way I see it anyways. Plus people are now more aware of him and he was prone to getting frustrated from not getting into his grrove, where as now he is more persistent. He doesn't dribble as much because he doesn't have to tbh. He is a better dribbler now and is far stronger.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:56 pm

It's hard to disagree Alex, the difference in quality and stats is quite stunning. I also think that's why we have seen the Maradona comparisons decline (at least from my point of view). When Messi was more prone to dribbling the comparison made sense, and he scored plenty of Maradonesque goals (the Getafe one being the epitome of this). He still scores plenty of those, but today's Messi is much more complete and much more dangerous than this immature version of him. This has caused most people to realize that the comparison is not suitable anymore.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:09 pm

alexjanosik wrote:I read vap saying that Messi has become more predictable over the past one and a half years.He mentions that Messi doesnt dribble anywhere near as much as he used to.

That'r right it was vap who said that messi had become a worse dribbler :facepalm:

I agree 100%

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:13 pm

Stop posting pointless trash you numskull.

Thank you.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:54 am

ragbirjosh wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:I bet he couldn't do that on a cold night versus stoke Razz

Messi's dribbling is instinctive, how can it be disciplined. Iniesta's style looks nice but it is nowhere near Messis in terms of effectiveness.

Meaning he became more disciplined in choosing when to dribble and when not to, which has made him more effective, Alex's post explains this perfectly.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down