Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger

+17
jibers
RED
VivaStPauli
Fadi
Guiltybystander
Lord Hades
Red Alert
H.A.
Omniscient
BeautifulGame
ManUnited4Ever
Arquitecto
Swanhends
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
Lord Awesome
Adit
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger Empty Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger

Post by Adit Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:37 am

Arsene Wenger concedes that Real Madrid and Barcelona have raced ahead of all other clubs this season, revealing his fear that Arsenal are being left behind by Europe's big spenders.

Wenger reinforced his own squad on transfer deadline day by signing Park Chu-Young, Per Mertesacker, Andre Santos, Yossi Benayoun and Mikel Arteta. However, the Gunners' tactician believes they are some way off the pacesetters ahead of their Champions League opener away to Borussia Dortmund.

"I believe that this season, I see two teams that are above the rest - Real Madrid and Barcelona - and the rest have to catch up during the season," Wenger told The Guardian. "So for us, it's a new start because we are a new squad. What is at stake during the group stage for us is to show that we can go through.

"We are in our 14th season in the Champions League group phase and what has changed is that the competition inside England has become bigger among the top teams. It is as difficult to win the Champions League because a team that wins the Premier League is in the Champions League final almost every year.

"Outside the country, Barca and Real Madrid have much more financial power than they had 14 years ago because they have individualised their TV rights. So they, at the moment, with teams like Man City and Chelsea can take who they want."

Wenger cautioned that even Europe's richest clubs will soon feel the pinch, though, predicting a "financial crisis" to grip the continent, impacting upon the expenditure of all clubs.

"I believe that Europe overall, as a unit, is going towards a massive crisis, which nobody really expects now. I am convinced that Europe will go into a huge financial crisis within the next three weeks or three months and maybe that will put everything into perspective again.

"Football is not untouchable. We live with people going to the stadiums as well and from advertising from people who buy products. All our income could be a little bit under threat in the next few months. Football is not only about money. We believe in ourselves that we can compete with them but it's as simple as this."

The Arsenal manager says that his charges are confident after their Premier League win over Swansea at the weekend, but would not be drawn on the Gunners' chances of Champions League glory ahead of their game with Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park.

"We have not had a particularly strong start in the league. We have had five players coming in [just before the transfer deadline] and nobody knows how good they will be.

"I wouldn't rule it out but it's too early to speak about winning it [the Champions League]. Saying that would raise a lot of scepticism about the team and I don't think anyone would believe it. But we have to do as well as we can and we have to form a team in the next two months. It's too early to have that kind of ambition."
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger Empty Re: Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:38 am

At least someone else shares my opinion.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger Empty Re: Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:39 am

I wouldn't be saying those words after suffering a certain result in hands of an old rival on date of August 28th, 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:39 am

Well this thread is going to end well

Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger CostanzaPopcorn

INB4: -Barcelona are cheaters
- Unequal distribution of TV rights
- Bayern > Madrid
- United > Madrid
- City > Madrid
- Milan > Madrid
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:41 am

How can he say that. Hasnt he been watching Manchester Utd? He got first hand evidence not long ago.

There is nothing to suggest Madrid are a clearly above Man UTD at all.

And yeah, I can see where this is going already.

Looks like I will have to stay online a little while longer yet.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:42 am

This is not coming from a la liga fan boy or some one with little football knowledge.I agree with him too.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:44 am

The Franchise wrote:There is nothing to suggest Madrid are a clearly above Man UTD at all.

I think there is on paper.

Still have to wait for the field test.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 am

inbfr la liga is not a tough league
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 am

Paper never won football games.

And secondly, I dont automatically agree with that.

How so?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:49 am

The Franchise wrote:Paper never won football games.

How so?

Man for man Real are superior to Man U and Barca, individually.

However, sometimes the team with more Chemistry wins.

Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:49 am

Wenger is just trying to troll Fergie :facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:51 am

Lord Hispano wrote:

How so?

Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger 9bryY

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 am

Sepi wrote:Barcelona and Real Madrid one level above rest of the top clubs in the world:Wenger 9bryY

Come on a least tell me I'm a nutcase or something. :lol!:

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:55 am

Wenger must 8-2 admit that United is any good teehee
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:57 am

Lord Hispano wrote:

How so?

Dont agree, but I dont want to turn this into a comparison thread so I will leave it there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:00 am

I can never debate the hot stuff. Sad
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:02 am

Lord Hispano wrote:I can never debate the hot stuff. Sad
Start a thread in the Right Back section and you can debate the hot stuff all you want...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:I can never debate the hot stuff. Sad
Start a thread in the Right Back section and you can debate the hot stuff all you want...

Yeah but not with sensible posters such as yourselves, Barrilete.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:14 am

I disagree.

My opinion is Manchester United is up there and even better then Real Madrid.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:26 am

Sorry Arq, gotta leave that till tommorrow.

May I ask why you believe Manchester Utd. are better though?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUnited4Ever Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:56 am

UTD have Better team chemisty, harder working players, more organized, less egos and more spots to fight for among the team.

If u wanna go stat wise, UTD have been to 3 finals in 4 years, that enough puts them ahead of madrid....

ManUnited4Ever
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:57 am

I dont know what the fuss with what wenger has said Madrid are certainly stronger than United.United's midfield weakness was clearly exposed by Barca in CL final and Ferguson hardly did anything in transfer window to address that.

With that central midfield they are certainly a level below Madrid and Barca though they are certainly stronger than last season and probably themselves a level ahead of other big teams with their defence and experience.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:57 am

Sounds like Wenger is trying to belittle United and drag them down to the same level as Arsenal or Spurs.

"United 8-2ed us, but they're not as good as Barca or Madrid!"

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:07 am

Us [madrid] and manu need to face off in the knockout stage this year to settle this once and for all Twisted Evil
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:10 am

Mou will then call SAF corrupt and I might actually like him. ;D
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next