rwo power
billionmillion
The Messiah
Harmonica
the xcx
Shotta
20 posters

Go down

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: Neither Is the Best in the World Empty Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: Neither Is the Best in the World

Post by Shotta Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 am

Week in and week out, I have to hear the nonsensical drivel of thousands of football supporters all over the world about how Spain possesses the two best clubs in the world right now. Even commentators, who have started to spectacularly don Messi-tinted glasses, speak as if the Premier League and the La Liga are the only two leagues in the world.

Barcelona is a world-class team, any fool knows that. However, there are few things that make me dislike them intensely. Blatant cheating and diving to win detracts from their quality of wins; I do not know why they do it, but it’s becoming one of their tactics.

The Sergio Busquets dive and Dani Alves injury fake have been the worst of all of them and have caused me to lose all respect for the team. Their sportsmanship leaves much to be desired. Many players dive and cheat, but Barcelona takes it to a whole new level. They try to get opposition players sent off and with a great deal of success, and it diminishes the quality of the match.

Perhaps the day when they try to win solely on skill–which they posses by the tones, I might add–I will start to consider them the best in the world. But for now, they are a team who relies on tactics that are a disgrace to football. Plus, there is the obvious bias, although unfounded, that seem to favor Barcelona during the tough stages: Tom Henning Øvrebø immediately comes to mind. Also the Robin van Persie incident.

Barcelona’s closest competitor is Real Madrid, and like Barcelona, their team possesses a host of superstars and plays a game of football that is beautiful to watch. However, for me, they also exemplify what is wrong with football today–spending ludicrous amount of money and buying trophies, very much like what Manchester City is doing.

This inflates the value of several players leaving other clubs struggling to purchase players due to their inflated value. But for all the money they have spent, they don’t have the trophies to show for it. When’s the last time they won the champions league? They’ve been playing second fiddle to Barcelona for too many years now.

Is Bayern Munich the best club in the world? They play with sportsmanship, have a great squad, attract quality players and compete in a league far superior and competitive than the La Liga, no matter what the UEFA co-efficient suggests. (Oh yeah, they also win trophies that matter!)

Source: Bleacherreport
Shotta
Shotta
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: Neither Is the Best in the World Empty Re: Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: Neither Is the Best in the World

Post by the xcx Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:02 am

:lucas:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: Neither Is the Best in the World Empty Re: Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: Neither Is the Best in the World

Post by Harmonica Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:03 am

Barcelona vs. Real Madrid: Neither Is the Best in the World Di-5PO6
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

Obviously, Barcelona are the best team in the world based on trophies, 13 trophies out of 16 tell their own story and the talent in their ranks is unmatched. Definitely among the greatest team of this generation, (maybe below Milan-2005-07)

But I'd agree with Bayern being the best club in the world: we have a great footballing ethos, great youth system, we respect our legends like no other club (Hoeness, Beckenbauer and Rummenigge are all working at the club presently) and, despite not having our league on a financial death grip like Spain and England's top clubs, we are the only big club in Europe, the only European giant who operate at a profit every year, we've posted profits for 18 consecutive years now while remaining one of Europe's greatest sides.

So yeah, Bayern is the closest thing to a model club in the way they're run as confirmed by Cruyff .

And I also agree that, despite the UEFA coefficients, the Bundesliga is definitely the best league in Europe.

As far as being the best team in the Europe at the moment is concerned, Barcelona is rightly regarded as the best teams at the moment. But Bayern are definitely the best bet for a non-Spanish CL winner this season, they have what it takes to go all the way. Assuming our key players stay healthy of course, we don't have adequate cover for the likes of Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Lahm, Ribery and Gomez.

By the way no one consider Madrid as 2nd best, its like saying Man City are 2nd best..
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:46 am

i check comments to understand the thread (when its long story)
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:50 am

You should have added the source with a link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1023886-barcelona-vs-real-madrid-nay-its-bayern-munich
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:52 am

I agree. West Ham >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:56 am

bleacher report, again? :facepalm: :brickwall:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:18 am

Source: Bleacherreport
:lucas:
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:29 am

well i prefer playing angry birds when i'm taking a shit but apparently writing football articles could be an option too...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:58 am

TL;DR
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Laughing
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 pm

tl;dr Barcelona are not the best, Madrid are not the best, Bayern are the best, youth, players, respect ,bla bla
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Oh look guys, it's THIS thread again, for the umpteenth time :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:40 pm

:facepalm:

Barcelona is clearly the best team in the world.

Madrid ain't, and even 2nd place is debatable. Bayern are somewhere about this area.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Well they were and are the 3 favourites for the CL this season, and rightly so. Would love a Barca vs Bayern final, which should have happened in 2010 since Inter went through after the ref disallowed a good goal for us....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:46 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Well they were and are the 3 favourites for the CL this season, and rightly so. Would love a Barca vs Bayern final, which should have happened in 2010 since Inter went through after the ref disallowed a good goal for us....

I legitimately refuse to believe any Barcelona fan is deluded enough to complain about the refereeing in Barca vs Inter.

Are you a troll?

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:07 pm

Sushi Master wrote::facepalm:

Madrid ain't, and even 2nd place is debatable. Bayern are somewhere about this area.

only a deluded madrid fan would say we are the best

for me madrid and bayern are both equal.. i mean in some places we ve got players that are almost identical in terms of skill and quality .. its going to be a really great cl knockout round if it happens
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:09 pm

diptiman wrote:
Sushi Master wrote::facepalm:

only a deluded madrid fan would say we are the best

for me madrid and bayern are both equal.. i mean in some places we ve got players that are almost identical in terms of skill and quality .. its going to be a really great cl knockout round if it happens

Bayern has better team chemistry and first team, otherwise Madrid players overall maybe slightly better, TBH.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Lol this Barcelona is probably the best team of all time let alone atm.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Perhaps the day when they try to win solely on skill–which they posses by the tones, I might add–I will start to consider them the best in the world. But for now, they are a team who relies on tactics that are a disgrace to football

LOL, this part alone just discredits the whole thing, if it wasn't terrible from the beginning.

Couldn't read anymore of it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:19 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Lol this Barcelona is probably the best team of all time let alone atm.

this

Last edited by diptiman on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Bayern the best? Please give me a break. The have a great team, chemistry, and youth but still does not make them the best.
Only recently has the Bundesliga made a huge step forward in quality. And still to this day it's not like it's amazing quality thoughout.

Besides your Champions League run to the final was all thanks to the ref helping you out against Fiorentina anyway.
Had you lost you would have been out if I'm not mistaken.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum