LeSwagg James
FennecFox7
Pedram
Mr Nick09
The Madrid One
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ricardo Carvalho Failed. - Page 3 Empty Re: Ricardo Carvalho Failed.

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Seriously i would hate seeing him on the bench. The guys is a fantastic footballer. Not a good use of a player of his level.

If you want a tool box player, you sign a guy like Adriano, Coentrao was near world class.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeh we didn't really need Coentrao considering we had Marcelo. However Coentrao can be a versatile backup.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I think Varane will slowly take over from Carvalho and if he proves good enough will take over his starting spot.

A defence of Pepe Ramos and Varane with Marcelo more as a wingback is very good, then you have Coentrao to literally play in any other position ever needed for any situation

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:29 pm

I wanted Varane to be that 3rd defender behind Ramos and Pepe.

I personally feel like Ramos can undergo tremendous growth if he commits to play as CB, that's his natural position.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:32 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I wanted Varane to be that 3rd defender behind Ramos and Pepe.

I personally feel like Ramos can undergo tremendous growth if he commits to play as CB, that's his natural position.

Who would you nab for RB then? Arbeloa is a great backup but I am unsure about him being our fulltime backup

Maybe if we can groom Carajval?

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:38 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:took you this long to realise carvalho was finished. why do you think chelsea sold him? lol at carvalho being better then terry and alex (some RM fans were saying).

I'm not one of those who claimed that Carvalho was better than Terry, but Carvalho really has been great for us this past season. People didn't start to seriously doubt him until just recently. He's old and not particularly fast, but he's a great, experienced defender who we all know doesn't make mistakes very often. I don't care if Chelsea sold him because they didn't need him anymore, he's growing old and wasn't intended as a long-term signing in the first place. He's more than served his purpose already.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Crimson wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:I wanted Varane to be that 3rd defender behind Ramos and Pepe.

Who would you nab for RB then? Arbeloa is a great backup but I am unsure about him being our fulltime backup

Maybe if we can groom Carajval?

I have a lot of trust in Arbeloa, he has seen it all in his career by now. If we have to rely on him, i have no worries. and he is modest enough to be a back up.

I would really try playing Coentrao there, as a footballer i think he has a lot to offer, and he can made that side his own, left footed or not.

so with Arbeloa backing him up, i wouldnt be worried.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:55 am

How about:

Arbeloa-Ramos-Pepe-Marcelo

With Coentrao trying out at RB, and taking the position himself if he succeeds. Arbeloa and Coentrao can back up Marcelo, Varane can develop as the next CB and Albiol an all round defence backup, though for now he would be ahead of Varane probably.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3