:facepalm: , oh well

http://www.marca.com/2011/10/21/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1319216732.html
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

1-y contract extension for Carvalho Empty Re: 1-y contract extension for Carvalho

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:27 pm

Ah well we need someone experienced until Varane is ready.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

1-y contract extension for Carvalho Empty Re: 1-y contract extension for Carvalho

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:28 pm

:facepalm:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:37 pm

good backup why not
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 pm

He'll be a backup next year, nothing wrong with it Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:30 pm

back-up under Mou?????
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm pissed. And its not like anyone will come to buy him, so we're dumped with Carvalho for another year...
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 pm

It's a good back up and I don't think he's being paid THAT much
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:58 pm

as long as carvalho is in the squad he will be expected to start over varane when mou is in charge.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:34 pm

as long as arbeloa-ramos-pepe-marcelo is the starting line, im good.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:36 pm

Does anyone here truly think that if he starts declining and costing us that Mou will still start him?
C'mon guys.

If he slacks, he will sit on the bench.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamirr Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:05 am

He's the best defender in the world, he should start no matter what!
Shamirr
Shamirr
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 am

Still the best CB in Madrid...You guys are funny.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:13 am

VibeTribe wrote:Still the best CB in Madrid...You guys are funny.

nah you are funny, he is not, Pepe is - regardless of how crazy he is.

Last edited by St_Nick09_of_Goal on Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:14 am

U Mad ? :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:50 am

Yeah thats why he is benched alot this season Twisted Evil
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:20 am

he hasnt been benched yet well? only injured... also mou said that he wont play arbeloa-ramos backline just becouse these 2 are our only RBs, we cant afford it if one of them gets injured
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:48 am

I will make one big complaint about Mou: You play the best always... stop worrying about who backs up what. In the end, if one gets injured, you can just move the other over, bring a player in and that's that. For example, if Ramos and Arbeloa play and 1) Ramos gets injured... you have CBs to come in; 2) Arbeloa gets injured... you move Ramos to RB and you have CBs to come in. Same idea with Benz/Higuain.

This whole "I can't start both because i need backups on the bench" argument is absolute BS to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:23 am

sportsczy wrote:I will make one big complaint about Mou: You play the best always... stop worrying about who backs up what. In the end, if one gets injured, you can just move the other over, bring a player in and that's that. For example, if Ramos and Arbeloa play and 1) Ramos gets injured... you have CBs to come in; 2) Arbeloa gets injured... you move Ramos to RB and you have CBs to come in. Same idea with Benz/Higuain.

This whole "I can't start both because i need backups on the bench" argument is absolute BS to me.

imagine if both ramos AND arbeloa gets injured... that would be a huge crisis we cant afford, who should we put at RB? no inverted RBs btw cuz you can't play 2 on the same flank, it would be too predictable (di maria is inverted for example)

cant be said about higgy and benz though becouse we can always play like this if both get injured:

Ronaldo
Özil - Kaka - Di Maria

Although, I think Mou wants natural strikers. mou said it in the start of the season that he needed a backup striker so he can play them both, the idea is in his head but why he never got one idk

also even if benz was at the wing i still think there would be rotation bcuz di maria will be played out of pure tactical reasons (di maria is a natural winger, can stretch play, can play as a defensive one too)

tbh i still think its the right thing, we cant afford to lose both rbs and we have many cbs (carvalho, ramos, pepe, varane, albiol)

mou said it himself "we have 5 cbs, but we only have 2 rbs"
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:31 am

Honestly, what are the odds that both Arbeloa and Ramos get injured at the same time. I mean, you sign players to play... not to watch from the stands. And it's not like you can't have one of Varane or Coentrao (when healthy) and even Pepe play the RB role in a desperate situation.

How does every other elite team in the world manage then?

You can't make decisions with catastrophic events in mind. You go with the best and adjust if something happens... at least, that's how i think.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:Honestly, what are the odds that both Arbeloa and Ramos get injured at the same time. I mean, you sign players to play... not to watch from the stands. And it's not like you can't have one of Varane or Coentrao (when healthy) and even Pepe play the RB role in a desperate situation.

How does every other elite team in the world manage then?

You can't make decisions with catastrophic events in mind. You go with the best and adjust if something happens... at least, that's how i think.

Depth is important if you wanna win the league. La Liga is so tight nowadays that losing 1 game can mean you lose the league... I mean Pellegrini had a excellent run in La Liga, while Barca had theirs too. And Barca only lost 1 single game. Just shows how losing 1 game can cost you the league

Depth is important to win the league, and that is why Mou is being so cautious. We can't afford it and tbh, this way our strikers wont be tired and and always rested. I'm ok with that.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:49 pm

The Squad is short on CB's and 1 year extensions implies the club doesn't have long term plans for him.

Nothing wrong with this.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:54 pm

It also means sayonara to Albiol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:03 pm

Does it really though? I wouldn't be so quick to assume that.

If Albiol does leave I expect a Spanish signing to replace him.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 pm

I would expect that myself.

I just dont see that much quality at CB atm there, maybe i am being picky, but seems to me like barca, atletico and valencia got the best of the upcoming generation for now.

Would be nice to find a good, versatile spanish CB if Albiol leaves, ie, some one that can play FB as well, and has good athleticism.

I am not a fan of promoting Nacho btw, that's sure to be mentioned. Nowhere near ready, and i hope some would watch more castilla games.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next