LeSwagg James
FennecFox7
Pedram
Mr Nick09
The Madrid One
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ricardo Carvalho Failed. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ricardo Carvalho Failed.

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:25 pm

I believe that Nick may be getting so pissed because of me, when I brought up that Coentrao was not good as LB in the game, because you keep referring to 'you guys' when only Omarish and I spoke up about this.

But I didnt say that Coentrao is a bad LB, I know better than that, I dont think anybody is insinuating any of the stuff you are saying, Nick, just that in that one half of the Supercopa 2nd leg, Coentrao was very bad. He can still beat Marcelo and take the LB spot from him, I aknowledge it was a hard situation. So I dont see the need for this.

On the other hand, if this is just a personal argument between you two, by all means carry on. Smile

S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:25 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
omarish wrote:Blah, I can't believe I'm discussing if we Coentrao should replace Marcelo or not... Last season he was the best LB in the world by Madristas now he is not close to it becouse Coentrao is here.

Not even gonna bother, I'd much rather take it on the pitch. I said it before and I'm gonna say it again, I truly hope Coentrao gets to play at the LB role, not becouse I want him to replace Marcelo but so it can stop people from believing Coentrao is better. I'm confident Marcelo is the better player.

Kinda know how Higuain fanboys feel now.

you are the only one arguing that.

You guys have decided that Coentrao is no good because you didnt like his performance against barca.

who voted him the best LB in the world? that's a fabrication of your mind. I certainly never called him such. And no one is saying that he isnt as good as Coentrao, I certainly didnt wait for Coentrao to come here to rate him above marcelo. Fyi, i rate both about the same, and like i said, Coentrao is a better all around footballer.

Again, nothing to do with Fanboyism, you seem to be hung up on that. What were you doing last season when Coentrao was performing as LB? you werent watching him of course.

I was arguing about Coentrao being tried out on the right, btw, not the Left. But i guess just the mention of Coentrao being better footballer than marcelo woke in you the fanboy instinct and you started arguing about who is the better LB, based on one game, hence going off topic.

You've been saying before that we should try out Coentrao at LB. Also, I remember clearly that many madristas said Marcelo was the best LB (notice: madristas, doesn't neccesarily mean you or only you)

Also, I'm basing it around 1 game (which IS a performance afterall, where he didnt shine), some youtube videos and the Portugal NT.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:52 pm

omarish wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
omarish wrote:Blah, I can't believe I'm discussing if we Coentrao should replace Marcelo or not... Last season he was the best LB in the world by Madristas now he is not close to it becouse Coentrao is here.

Not even gonna bother, I'd much rather take it on the pitch. I said it before and I'm gonna say it again, I truly hope Coentrao gets to play at the LB role, not becouse I want him to replace Marcelo but so it can stop people from believing Coentrao is better. I'm confident Marcelo is the better player.

Kinda know how Higuain fanboys feel now.

you are the only one arguing that.

You guys have decided that Coentrao is no good because you didnt like his performance against barca.

who voted him the best LB in the world? that's a fabrication of your mind. I certainly never called him such. And no one is saying that he isnt as good as Coentrao, I certainly didnt wait for Coentrao to come here to rate him above marcelo. Fyi, i rate both about the same, and like i said, Coentrao is a better all around footballer.

Again, nothing to do with Fanboyism, you seem to be hung up on that. What were you doing last season when Coentrao was performing as LB? you werent watching him of course.

I was arguing about Coentrao being tried out on the right, btw, not the Left. But i guess just the mention of Coentrao being better footballer than marcelo woke in you the fanboy instinct and you started arguing about who is the better LB, based on one game, hence going off topic.

You've been saying before that we should try out Coentrao at LB. Also, I remember clearly that many madristas said Marcelo was the best LB (notice: madristas, doesn't neccesarily mean you or only you)

Also, I'm basing it around 1 game (which IS a performance afterall, where he didnt shine), some youtube videos and the Portugal NT.
are u the real omarish? Suspect
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 pm

Marcelo is hopefully our undisputed LB. Coentrao will have to look at another position to start at or just be all round backup.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:46 am

I don't think Conterao has been brought to play at LB. it's just absurd to think that Mourinho bought a 30m LB to be Marcelos cover. Marcelo himself is one of the best left back in the world. every team would dream about having him.

Lass and Gago are leaving so we needed to have a proper cover for Khedira whom himself is a injury prone player.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:02 am

simply put khedira,altintop,and coentrao should probably all offer security in the midfield, with khedira and coentrao offering some good stuff in attack as well.

coentrao can be used as lb,lw,and lm, he was bought i think to have an important role in the team, whether as a starter or a back up.

i think he will start many games.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:09 am

I honestly don't think mou plans on benching marcelo,if he did I think he would have already done so on pre season.hes more of a sub who will play a lot of games as tmo said.I still wonder where Sahin will fit in,xabi-Sahin would be meh defensively,a 3 man mid is the way to go,but then di Maria would have to see the bench and ozil would have to play as a winger,not sure how well he'll do there
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:22 am

Alonso could always be dropped. Sahin is more versatile.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:10 am

mtfootball wrote:Alonso could always be dropped. Sahin is more versatile.

I know someone who's versatile. You know her, too Wink
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 am

Ganso wrote:I honestly don't think mou plans on benching marcelo,if he did I think he would have already done so on pre season.hes more of a sub who will play a lot of games as tmo said.I still wonder where Sahin will fit in,xabi-Sahin would be meh defensively,a 3 man mid is the way to go,but then di Maria would have to see the bench and ozil would have to play as a winger,not sure how well he'll do there

No, Ozil will not play at the wing, he will be our false 9 and will play behind our two strikers. (Benz and Ronaldo)

Casillas
Arbeloa - Ramos - Pepe - Marcelo
Sahin - Xabi - Khedira/Conterao
Benzema - Ozil - Ronaldo
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:41 am

Has mou ever done that?I don't think he would,specially since it would be kind of a copy of barca's formation
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 am

took you this long to realise carvalho was finished. why do you think chelsea sold him? lol at carvalho being better then terry and alex (some RM fans were saying).
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:55 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:took you this long to realise carvalho was finished. why do you think chelsea sold him? lol at carvalho being better then terry and alex (some RM fans were saying).
Noone said that, move along troll.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:13 am

The xcx wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:took you this long to realise carvalho was finished. why do you think chelsea sold him? lol at carvalho being better then terry and alex (some RM fans were saying).
Noone said that, move along troll.

you weren't even on this forum when they said that mate, move along Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:15 am

omarish wrote:It's only you who seem to share the opinion of him being better, granted the only full game I've seen with him where he plays LB is the Nou game, and he didn't impress me one bit. He gave to much space to Pedro, even Goal.com agreed on that and they suck shit when it comes to player ratings, but they noticed it too.

Marcelo has proven he can defend against any top team he goes against, he has defended against Barca, Tottenham (where he roasted Bale) and Lyon (where he was fantastic).

Plus, when he is missing it's noticable, the attack is worse. (and defense IMO) It's a bigger loss to bench Marcelo then it is to bench Coentrao.

thats why i think even before, he is not a defender he needs to play as a left winger.

ive been very consistent about it. i dont know with others Smile

even before MP arrived in madrid we here are all shouting for a left defender. poor heinze! now marcelo .
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:21 am

Carvalho wasn't even bought to be a starter. He was bought to provide experience.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 pm

mtfootball wrote:Carvalho wasn't even bought to be a starter. He was bought to provide experience.
so why exactly is he still a starter in his second season?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:21 pm

Ganso wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Carvalho wasn't even bought to be a starter. He was bought to provide experience.
so why exactly is he still a starter in his second season?

That's the thing. Hopefully Ramos will take his place at CB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:39 pm

we have to find a way to stop messi, there are many things we have to work on and one of them is dealing with that midget bastard.

he scores 3 goals and 2 assists having to do with each and every one of barcas goals.

if carvalho is that much of a failure then ramos-pepe here we come.

i dont see the marcelo at rb option being an imposibility but may i also add that i think it would probably be good to not only edit our current game plan to make it better but put in a 3rd creative midfielder than can help in all ways.

casillas
marcelo ramos pepe coentrao
khedira alonso sahin
ozil benzema ronaldo

something had to be worked out.

villas goal was a wonder goal but other than that there were slip ups that if werent created wouldnt have ended in us conceding.

pepe falls down
ramos forgets the way to play an offside trap
pepe nor carvalho there to mark messi in the box
marcelo un able to capture pedro

if we make it so that we make little errors and execute our game plan then we will not only win but we will win OUR way.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:51 pm

when i heard about coentrao at madrid i was thinking that madrid would have done a trade marcelo to maicon and why not??
i dont think real bought 30 kk for a substitute and since its easier to take the place of marcelo than c.ronaldo... (coentrao is like left back and left winger right?)

maicon ramos pepe coentrao line-up is so good
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:53 pm

you do not trade a young star in the making for a decading player.

that's horrible business.

and the guy is just another liability in defense, already losing every bit of the athleticism that made him great.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:59 pm

yeah, but i think maicon can do great things for still 2 - 3 years?? (someone remember cafu??)

obviously its a my idea i dont think madrid will do so; but why to leave one of coentrao and marcelo on the bench?
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:08 pm

Coentrao is a midfielder with Madrid. He only plays LB in case of need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Coentrao is our joker Very Happy

Ricardo Carvalho Failed. - Page 2 Joker_by_el_grimlock

Mou will use him in different ways for different purposes. Also, I doubt that he'll play in one position during a game Very Happy He may go to CM, fullback or left winger in a single game, like a player from total football philosophy should Very Happy We have another guy like him called Ozil, he slots in all front four positions. Combine them and you'll have a team that's super hard to predict in attack or defence. Of course, it could mean active time change of formations on the field. I'm excited Very Happy
4-3-3 Would allow those two even more freedom Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:17 pm

There are other RB's we can go for.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Seriously i would hate seeing him on the bench. The guys is a fantastic footballer. Not a good use of a player of his level.

If you want a tool box player, you sign a guy like Adriano, Coentrao was near world class.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next