Doc
FennecFox7
ÖMARz
Zealous
halamadrid2
44 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 11 Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by guest7 Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:43 pm

ronaldo did most of the shots i think. even half of them (can crimson show the statistics pls?)

benzema was good in terms of playmaking / giving the others chances. should have scored tho, i actually tought he would have grabbed one by the end of the day

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 11 Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by bebop_23 Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:43 pm

though its just the super cup, i think that now is the time to break the habit of flopping against barca, or specifically, flopping against pep.
bebop_23
bebop_23
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:49 pm

Good performance, shit result. Football can do that to you sometimes.

Honestly we should have won.. by a lot. But what are you gonna do? A deflection and a defensive cock up held us.

I'd rather be lucky than good though Razz (we sadly weren't one of those things SadRazz)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:01 pm

Really don't understand how Valdes' trip on Cristiano wasn't a penalty. What's the saying again? Obvious penalty was obvious...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:04 pm

You don't give that penalty unless you don't WANT to give it. Horrible call.

Valdes is scum, nothing new there.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:07 pm

I believe this is the 1st time in 3 years I've witnessed Real Madrid actually dominate Barcelona for a full match (last time I believe was the 4-1 win). Too bad it wasn't league, I may actually have been more gloatish in my remarks.

Good performance though. Liking Callejon and Blondie a lot more...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm

I don't care much for Supercopa but we did a huge leap forward.Blondie and Callejon did the job well Very Happy
I still stand by it, Ramos on the right= suicide. Carvalho was just ok Very Happy Arbeloa to the right, Ramos in the middle with Pepe please Very Happy
The forwards need extra practice in shooting sessions Very Happy If they don't know how to go one on one, Özil and Di Maria should teach them Very Happy

Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:09 pm

First time in 3 years Barcelona has had under 50% of the ball.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:11 pm

Ozil's finish was very nice. pirat

Xabi's as well. Bitter sweet feeling but what are you ganna do.

I third the Callejon/Blondie compliments. Both put in a lot of hustle but I would have appreciated a bit more end result (Pretty much the whole team as well Razz)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:15 pm

ozil needs to be more selfish..

saw him pass up a couple shots to ronaldo, who then blasted it over the bar..

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:22 pm

I would pass to Ronaldo too. So would you.

Don't even pretend that you wouldn't.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:29 pm

Still impressed with chemistry between Benzema, Ozil, & Ronaldo

We were unlucky not to win

The concede of second goal a bit dissapointing though
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:36 pm

Barca got lucky

Benzema is a boss

Ozil is a genius, if he can constantly play big minutes like that than our team gets automatically A LOT better.. Future Ballon D'or winner

Pepe is a dirty player

Casillas shouldn't have been beaten at the near post like that

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by steve_vai Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 pm

so what happens if the next match ended like 0-0 ??will be there an extra time or something?
steve_vai
steve_vai
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by teza1992 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 pm

I thought Benz was great tonight at times I thought we had R9 on the pitch.
Ozil was god.
Marcelo was great making Sanchez seem average.
Casillas was so shit!...huntsman is going to drop a bomb lol(yes i've been lurking just couldn't bother to log in).

Very encouraging signs this was the most entertaining classico sice the 3-3.

i'm sure we can take them at the nou camp although it's gona be scrappy.
And Fabregas will most likely start ahead of Xavi, and he would just LOVE to become an instant hero
teza1992
teza1992
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Ramos - Pepe - Carvalho - Marcelo
Xabi - Coentrao
Callejon - Özil - Ronaldo
Benzema

Park the bus after the first goal. We could lose by just conceding 1 goal.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Pepe is dirty but you gotta fight fire with fire. Tonight reminded me why I hate Barca so much.

All we need is an Epic Super Floren thread and I'll be happy with our start to the season Very Happy

BTW

Benzema could (and should have scored) I know he did OK but I think people should not try to make excuses for him.

Also Iker was not at fault for the goal. Messi should never have been through on goal in the first place.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:41 pm

teza1992 wrote:I thought Benz was great tonight at times I thought we had R9 on the pitch.

No
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:43 pm

teza1992 wrote:I thought Benz was great tonight at times I thought we had R9 on the pitch.
R9 was ruthless in front goal, no wasted free headers from him Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Benzema was good but the finishing let him down. Like really let him down. You don't miss 2 free headers and expect to get away with it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Z... Benzema was really, really good tonight. Sure, he missed the one header he shouldn't have. But the first goal was almost all his doing and he set up almost all of the attack. CR7-Benz-Ozil controlled the last 1/3 against Barca. Haven't see that in a long, long time.

Because Sahin isn't here and we are playing with Khedira and Xabi as our creative mid (which they aren't really), we need a creative CF that can hold the ball and create.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Benzema has sucked with headers since he was born lol. THe only one i really reproach him is the first one. The second one required a bit of aerial skill, which he has none of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:46 pm

babun1024 wrote:
R9 was ruthless in front goal, no wasted free headers from him Very Happy

Actually, he had a ton. About 4 of them in the 1998 world cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:47 pm

xabi was creative enough...........
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 pm

omarish wrote:xabi was creative enough...........

not really. he can't hold off defenders at all. only time he can be creative is with space to pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:
omarish wrote:xabi was creative enough...........

not really. he can't hold off defenders at all. only time he can be creative is with space to pass.

which he had alot of today... do you think benzema and özil dribbled the ball up to their box or what?

they got feeded. There is none to blame other than ronaldo and benzema today, plus the defence
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next