Doc
FennecFox7
ÖMARz
Zealous
halamadrid2
44 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 2 Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:19 pm

you really think he is injured, i think they just said that because they dont ant him to play in that meaningless friendly

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 2 Empty Re: Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:23 pm

pepe is no longer gonna play in the mid, thats what coentrao was brough in here for, to do his job + much more
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Pepe's sending off last season was the turning point in the game, up to that point he had kept Xavi and Messi relatively quite and limited Barcelona largely to passing the ball among themselves in their own half.

He did an excellent job, so I expect him to start in midfield, until he is no longer needed ie. Madrid is dominating the midfield.I don't really think Coentrao can do what Pepe did in the previous 4 clasicos.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:42 pm

I have concerns about Pepe being pushed into midfield because it opens the possibility of Albiol getting a start at center-half and we all know how suspect Albiol is against Barca.

With Ramos possibly out of contention, Carvalho too old, Varane too inexperienced, we cannot afford for Pepe not to play at CB. Gaawwd, if only we had 2 Pepes, one for midfield and one for defense. We need to find a way to clone him.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:44 pm

sportsczy wrote:Looks like Xavi got hurt in training today and will miss Spain's friendly... was sent home and is uncertain for the first leg. Now this would be huge. He's very, very important to that midfield.

Dont read too much into it, probably just a thing to miss the friendly.

But if true, a Barca without Puyol and Xavi, with Messi and Sanchez only just training... against Madrid in such form... we would have a chance.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:05 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:I have concerns about Pepe being pushed into midfield because it opens the possibility of Albiol getting a start at center-half and we all know how suspect Albiol is against Barca.

With Ramos possibly out of contention, Carvalho too old, Varane too inexperienced, we cannot afford for Pepe not to play at CB. Gaawwd, if only we had 2 Pepes, one for midfield and one for defense. We need to find a way to clone him.

Midfield is the key, in the league match Albiol started, Barcelona was still not able to create many clear cut chances, and their only goal came when he fouled Villa in the penalty box and the resulting penalty was converted by Messi. In the 5-0 thrashing Pepe was great in defence but could not stop us from conceeding 5 goals. It's better to have Pepe in midfield against Barcelona than have him in defence even if it means Abiol starting.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:17 pm

Pepe in the midfield only happened because Lass was not the type of player Mou could trust against Barca and he needed a DM. Barca was also missing Iniesta in the first CL game... so Pepe could be useless as a midfielder and just focus on Messi as the other playmaker was missing. Villa and Pedro were also not in the best of form.

This time around, we're facing a Barca with Iniesta and newly-acquired Sanchez. Much more potent than that first CL leg.

To cope with this, we cannot have one-dimensional players on the field. Pepe in the mid is completely one-dimensional. Coentrao, although just learning, is miles ahead of Pepe as an offensive player and will do just as well on defense. Remember that he was very good at defending Messi when Argentina played Portugal in Feb.

Besides, do you really want a Albiol/Varane, Albiol/Carvalho or Varane/Carvalho CB pairing? First off, Albiol/Carvalho would be suicide as one is crap and the other slowing. Albiol/Varane is also a non-starter because Albiol is still crap and Varane is too green to be paired with a crap partner. That leaves Varane/Carvalho... which is also tough because Carvalho only does well on the left and a Carvalho/Marcelo left side is suspect too. The best option is to go with Pepe/Varane imo. Even if you pair Pepe/Carvalho, Pepe is much more capable of helping out if there's breach with Carvalho/Marcelo.

Hope this made sense lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Saw a video on youtube that may help the discussions, it's from the copa del rey final.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alex mahone Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Di Maria only played max to 45 minutes/ game in the 2 easiest pre season games, his form looked good though. He also never played together with the other potential forward starters such as Benzema, Ronaldo, Ozil. Thus I wouldn't be surprised if Jose will use Callejon more instead of him, at least for the first leg.

In clasicos last season, we mostly went strikerless (Di maria-Ronaldo-Ozil) or with CF in place of Ozil. This time, given the very good chemistry showed in the pre season between Benzema, Ronaldo, Ozil, I personally want they all play together at least at some point in the game, really want to see whether they can keep up such kind of chemistry in the relatively more competitive game, I hope they can.

I don't like either Pepe or Coentrao in the midfield. But Coentrao did better job than Pepe in the midfield during the pre season. Even though we don't know how Coentrao will cope with barca, I think the next game is the perfect game to try it. So I hope Pepe just stays as CB with Carvalho/Varane. Arbeola & Marcelo as fullbacks, Khedira & Alonso in the midfield with Coentrao if we play 4-3-3.
alex mahone
alex mahone
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:42 pm

ramos? injured or what
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:45 pm

i have been away for some time.. missed the entire asian tour

would anyone be willing to give me a quick update and summary so i dont have to read 30+ pages just to figure out whats going on lool?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:00 pm

welcome back deezy.

summary? we killed the preaseason, benzema was the top player; kaka is finished, cant even beat chinese players; the chemistry between ronaldo, ozil and benzema is unbelievable; higgy needs time to come back; Sahin hasnt started yet, still recovering, we arent rushing him; khedira much improved; varane was beasting; callejon is a good player.

canales is on loan to valencia; other players are about to be sold.

im sure i missed few things
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:11 pm

As long as Pepe, Khedira, CR7, Di Maria, Godbeloa, Marcelo and Ozil are fit, I'm not worried at all Very Happy
Very important, we need Khedira to boss in both games, no injuries please Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 pm

thanks nick. much appreciated

still upset sahin hasn't gotten an appearance- was hoping to see him in the super cup.

oh well.

should we be confident going into the super cup? we looked strong up until the asian tour when i last saw us play

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:26 pm

deezydeez wrote:thanks nick. much appreciated

still upset sahin hasn't gotten an appearance- was hoping to see him in the super cup.

oh well.

should we be confident going into the super cup? we looked strong up until the asian tour when i last saw us play

There is no confidence when you are facing Barcelona. you know what i'm talking about.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:28 pm

Until we actually beat Barca, there's nothing to be confident about. Besides, they improved in the offseason too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Spanish super cup: Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona; 1st leg - Page 2 GYctE

Alves and Messi training hard for the super cup LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 pm

The Madrid One wrote:pepe is no longer gonna play in the mid, thats what coentrao was brough in here for, to do his job + much more

Maybe in the future yes but I don't think it applies now, coantrao needs a bit more playing time to figure out his role fully.

I think Mou will play slightly conservative in the first half by fielding a 4-3-3:

Casillas
Arbeloa - Varane - Carvalho - Marcelo
Khedira - Alonso - Pepe
Di Maria - Benzema - Ronaldo

Yes it will be a line-up without Ozil. I think he'll see how Barcelona will play and at the same time will instruct the players to hustle them, tire them and hopefully score a goal. Oh and I see marcelo being important in the buildup since ozil would be missing.

I think he'll take the fact they aren't 100% fully fit to our advantage and in the second half, depending on how it progresses, will sub in Carvalho for Ozil [instruct him to play deeper, as a CAM] - Alonso for Coentrao if he's having a hard time. It will revert back to a 4-2-3-1.

Casillas
Arbeloa - Varane - Pepe - Marcelo
Khedira - Coentrao
Di Maria - Ozil - Ronaldo
Benzema

Hopefully we will be able to score some goals if everything goes as planed [i.e. NO RED CARDS]. Maybe in the final 15 minutes he'll sub in a defensive player if we're up by 2 goals or more, or offensive player like Higuain instead of Benzema to try and score a goal.

:coffee:
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Xavi is out as well. He's been dropped from selecciones and won't be ready for super cup, at least 1st game. They will start Thiago in his place (and he's on fire right now), so we don't gain any advantage from this change. Cesc if he has arrived, won't be ready to play. All in all they haven't looked good yet and are still just getting players back.

I say we need to attack, now the best opportunity. For sure Ozil has to be in. I would start Khedira, Ozil and Alonso in MF. Bring in Coentrao latter at MF or wing. Starting Cr7, Benezema and Di Maria is likely front 3. Back line will be best with Arbeloa Pepe Varane and Marcelo.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 pm

"They will start Thiago in his place (and he's on fire right now), so we don't gain any advantage from this change"

cmon now,no xavi is a huge plus.Xavi cant organize the midfield like he does
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:44 pm

I hope Xavi recovers for the match, it'll be sweeter to beat them with their full squad.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:02 pm

futbol_bill wrote:Xavi is out as well. He's been dropped from selecciones and won't be ready for super cup, at least 1st game. They will start Thiago in his place (and he's on fire right now), so we don't gain any advantage from this change. Cesc if he has arrived, won't be ready to play. All in all they haven't looked good yet and are still just getting players back.

I say we need to attack, now the best opportunity. For sure Ozil has to be in. I would start Khedira, Ozil and Alonso in MF. Bring in Coentrao latter at MF or wing. Starting Cr7, Benezema and Di Maria is likely front 3. Back line will be best with Arbeloa Pepe Varane and Marcelo.

Thiago is too much of a risk taker and lose too many balls. and also he isn't a natural CM, he just can't stick to his own rule.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:41 am

El Pipita wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:Xavi is out as well. He's been dropped from selecciones and won't be ready for super cup, at least 1st game. They will start Thiago in his place (and he's on fire right now), so we don't gain any advantage from this change. Cesc if he has arrived, won't be ready to play. All in all they haven't looked good yet and are still just getting players back.

Thiago is too much of a risk taker and lose too many balls. and also he isn't a natural CM, he just can't stick to his own rule.

WHO have you been watching??? He is a younger Xavi. He's also stepping in for him with Selecciones this week as well. Face it, Barca have 2 new additions to their already great midfield for this year (Cesc and Thiago). Thaigo will be on the bench, but he is Xavi replacement and from what I've seen of him this summer, he will be just as good. Maybe not for a couple of years, but he is playing wonderfully right now.

Our advantage in this first game is they as a whole have not been playing as well as us for the preseason and they are just now getting some of their players back, so they will be rusty.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:15 am

futbol_bill wrote:
El Pipita wrote:

WHO have you been watching??? He is a younger Xavi. He's also stepping in for him with Selecciones this week as well. Face it, Barca have 2 new additions to their already great midfield for this year (Cesc and Thiago). Thaigo will be on the bench, but he is Xavi replacement and from what I've seen of him this summer, he will be just as good. Maybe not for a couple of years, but he is playing wonderfully right now.

Our advantage in this first game is they as a whole have not been playing as well as us for the preseason and they are just now getting some of their players back, so they will be rusty.

May be true but what i've seen from him is that he attacks more than Xavi. he tends to go to the box which Xavi don't do reguarly.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:27 am

------------------Casillas
----Arbeloa----Pepe----Varane----Marcelo
------------------Alonso/Khedira
----------------Ozil------Sahin
------Benzema------------------Ronaldo
-------------------Higuain

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 am

Yeah... Thiago plays much, much further up than Xavi. He's not a facilitating mid. He's a final 1/3 type player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next