Casciavit
El Gunner
M99
CBarca
S
28 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

UCL SF 2020/21 | Man City Vs PSG - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL SF 2020/21 | Man City Vs PSG

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 pm

danyjr wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Pep just won all 3 of his away games in KO of CL round wtf
Pep didn't. Money did.

Money didn't help him previously losing to Spurs, Pool, Monaco.

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

UCL SF 2020/21 | Man City Vs PSG - Page 4 Empty Re: UCL SF 2020/21 | Man City Vs PSG

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 pm

Sign of the fact that this is finally MAn C's year? And why the bookies always have them as the favourite. PSG will need two away goals and a clean sheet.

Definitely Pep needs to win the CL now this time, only a relatively weak Real and a not that great Chelsea team, otherwise he will really be a disappointment.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:59 pm

McLewis wrote:The irony of it all is that PSG are still in this. They have the quality to go to the Etihad and score 2 goals.

Problem is, they're going to concede more goals.

City didn't create loads of great chances but for two fortunate goals. They could have scored through Foden, and had one or two other half chances, but I can't see why PSG can't put in a professional performance defensively and get back in it.

I don't think City are out of the woods, that's for sure. However, even in the first half where PSG were fantastic, Neymar and Mbappe (Mbappe in particular) were not having it all to themselves. Veratti, Di Maria were probably the more impressive offensively. I feel that City are happy with how they dealt with those two
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:00 pm

The way they managed the Neymar and Mbappe threat in the second half ffs they might actually go all the way
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:00 pm

What's concerning for PSG is that red and losing Gueye. Their midfield was how they played so well in the first half and they'll need to replicate that. They don't have Gueye to help them now, and Gueye was great in that first half.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:12 pm

Intruging stuff Very Happy This was really a strange game that showed how mentality and luck is so important in football and especially in a CL football game and how it can swing at any time. As soon as PSG concede they lost composure and Man C grew in confidence.

PSG arent out, considering how Man C can make mistakes at the back at any time, but I think its unlikely they can make up the 2 goals difference away though, Man C are surely more mature now after so many years of experience and after this game.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:26 pm

Gundogan stepped it up big time in the second half. Masterclass in dictating the tempo.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:49 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:
danyjr wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Pep just won all 3 of his away games in KO of CL round wtf
Pep didn't. Money did.

Money didn't help him previously losing to Spurs, Pool, Monaco.

maybe Pep is finally learning. I mean it seems so. He putting the best players in the right positions in their best system and formation out there for the first time.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:51 pm

City's 2 away goals are a great advantage, but psg has the quality to match that for sure .
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:53 pm

CBarca wrote:What's concerning for PSG is that red and losing Gueye. Their midfield was how they played so well in the first half and they'll need to replicate that. They don't have Gueye to help them now, and Gueye was great in that first half.
I wouldn't worry so much about Gueye. Herrera can play there and do pretty much the same job.

As for the match I thought Mbappé was very poor and his weaknesses were there for the world to see. It is one thing to play against Marcus Rojo and outspeeding him, it is another playing against an organised defence. He is excellent on the counters or when the defence ahead of him isn't compact, but he doesn't really have the slow yet close dribbling to be important in tight spaces. On the other hand I thought Neymar was fantastic in the first half only to become the spoilt naggy kid he truly is when things went south for PSG. Very childish display from him in the second half.

PSG now have a mountain to climb. Scoring two goals at Etihad, even an empty one, will be very very difficult for a team that is not going to get that many chances in the second leg. I expect PSG to play as they did today to see how things go only to ramp up the press in the second half. Without pressing relentlessly, City can keep the ball away from PSG's dangermen for at least 60% of the match.

PSG have a few weak links in the build up that really showed in the second half, namely Bakker and Kimpembe and also I thought Verratti didn't do anything special to live up to the New Xavi hype. He was there to show more composure when his team were under pressure but dare I say the former Boca man Leandrito was doing a better job than him.

As for City I think KDB is their clear best player by far, a player that City have time and time again relied on in big occasions. My MotM goes to him. He just doesn't put a foot wrong. Also big shout to Gündoğan and Dias for very mature performances. I really like what I see from Dias, the guy is so young yet has both a bit of Ramos (dirty work) and a bit of Thiago Silva (intelligence) in him. Physically also, he is built to be a CB.

I wouldn't bet against City from this point onwards. I think they were slight favourites to win CL before this game and now they are clear favourites to me.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:02 am

I raised my argument about my opinion on Mbappe's relatively lacking effectivity in big matches, because at that point, he'd gone some 7 matches in the CL without scoring a goal, and lack of goals aside, those 7 matches weren't the only matches where I'd found myself questioning his ability in the tougher matches when held up to the expectations I have towards him.

Evidently, the majority of this forum have a huge crush on him, and I was hounded for even suggesting that he's not perfect. Who was the guy on here who asked me if my opinion had changed after he thrashed Barcelona and scored against Bayern? I don't know why you guys even bother attempting to discuss anything objectively on here. It's an endless pitfall of knee-jerking and idolization that goes beyond normal admiration.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:46 am

Where is @FennecFox7 Mahrez out here stopping a goal scoring chance from PSG then scoring the winner Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:53 am

Thimmy wrote:I raised my argument about my opinion on Mbappe's relatively lacking effectivity in big matches, because at that point, he'd gone some 7 matches in the CL without scoring a goal, and lack of goals aside, those 7 matches weren't the only matches where I'd found myself questioning his ability  in the tougher matches when held up to the expectations I have towards him.

Evidently, the majority of this forum have a huge crush on him, and I was hounded for even suggesting that he's not perfect. Who was the guy on here who asked me if my opinion had changed after he thrashed Barcelona and scored against Bayern? I don't know why you guys even bother attempting to discuss anything objectively on here. It's an endless pitfall of knee-jerking and idolization that goes beyond normal admiration.

You have a right, as everyone does to talk about players poor performance, rather be it a game, in a compeition or an entire season. I feel people showed more hostility towards you because it seem you just think he isn't a WC or even a great player. People may just feel it seem like your nitpicking on him. I mean look at Haaland he also had a slump and played terribly against City in the CL you hardly see anyone thrashing him, many here do believes he's a WC striker, but at there current age this is expected, as there young and still raw as players and have room for improvement. Even Kane and Son were terrible in the final against City. I remember people called Lewa a big game flop, back in Mou RM era CR was considered a big game flop etc. more establish players struggle it happens, you can question and criticism them for it. It does seem like from your post you seemed to have an agenda, season why you feel you got the responses.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I raised my argument about my opinion on Mbappe's relatively lacking effectivity in big matches, because at that point, he'd gone some 7 matches in the CL without scoring a goal, and lack of goals aside, those 7 matches weren't the only matches where I'd found myself questioning his ability  in the tougher matches when held up to the expectations I have towards him.

You have a right, as everyone does to talk about players poor performance, rather be it a game, in a compeition or an entire season. I feel people showed more hostility towards you because it seem you just think he isn't a WC or even a great player. People may just feel it seem like your nitpicking on him. I mean look at Haaland he also had a slump and played terribly against City in the CL you hardly see anyone thrashing him, many here do believes he's a WC striker, but at there current age this is expected, as there young and still raw as players and have room for improvement. Even Kane and Son were terrible in the final against City. I remember people called Lewa a big game flop, back in Mou RM era CR was considered a big game flop etc. more establish players struggle it happens, you can question and criticism them for it. It does seem like from your post you seemed to have an agenda, season why you feel you got the responses.

What would suggest that I don't think he's WC or a great player? I tried to be reasonable in explaining my view in those posts. I wanted to start a discussion around the topic of a single thing that I've observed in him and found lacking over multiple Champions League matches. Maybe I'm wrong? I'll never know. Instead of starting a discussion, it seemed to be suggested that I was sabotaging him in favor of hyping up Haaland or something. Some Haaland or Ole related, bias accusation was predicted, but absolutely not my intention.

All it did was lure the Mbappe fan club in to project their own bias towards me. This forum has become an echo chamber. I could list all of the things I admire about Mbappe, and I'm sure that would make most of our members happy, but that would be incredibly boring.

You raise valid points regarding CR, Lewa (and Messi) once being criticized for being big game flops, and those observations resulted in discussions because we had devoted fans of these players, as well as more neutral observers. Most of the members we have left, seem to be perfectly happy with patting each other on the back while Cbarca serve them girl power tea.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:39 am

That's a good point about Ander, although I don't think he's got the quality that Gueye has. Might be slightly better on the ball though. I don't watch PSG much though so I'm mostly talking out of my ass re: Gueye vs Ander
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:19 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Where is @FennecFox7 Mahrez out here stopping a goal scoring chance from PSG then scoring the winner Proud

He was unbelievable. Amazing in attack and defense. And all without a 9 and Kyle Walker who can’t attack for shit behind him.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:47 am

2 completely different halves from PSG.

I give Man City credit, they pressed with a 2 and stepped much higher and more aggressively to PSG and additionally Gundogen and Bernando were much more involved.

But PSG completely stopped playing. It was like the Barca tie.

They had controlled and dominated the 1st half (1 leg vs us) and came into the 2nd with a strange passivity and no desire to keep playing. They didnt seem intent on adding to the scoreline at the risk of leaving themselves open, but gave away all the initiative.

I dont think it is over though, PSG are more than capable of scoring twice and City are very capable of allowing it to happen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:59 am

never knew about CB vs Timmmmeh feud :coffee: i'm here for it, will get CB off my back, maybe i'll get a new GL adversary to try and knock me off my perch
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:47 pm

There’s no feud. I just think this is a forum of clueless clowns when it comes to in-depth football discussions. Chad was right, all along.

UCL SF 2020/21 | Man City Vs PSG - Page 4 66a02210
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:14 pm

Thimmy heel turn. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:38 pm

Thimmy wrote:Most of the members we have left, seem to be perfectly happy with patting each other on the back while Cbarca serve them girl power tea.

My days rofl rofl

Let the record show that I've been on your side Thimmy all along. UCL SF 2020/21 | Man City Vs PSG - Page 4 Flag-norway_1f1f3-1f1f4 UCL SF 2020/21 | Man City Vs PSG - Page 4 Flag-norway_1f1f3-1f1f4
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:27 am

Thimmy wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:

What would suggest that I don't think he's WC or a great player? I tried to be reasonable in explaining my view in those posts. I wanted to start a discussion around the topic of a single thing that I've observed in him and found lacking over multiple Champions League matches. Maybe I'm wrong? I'll never know. Instead of starting a discussion, it seemed to be suggested that I was sabotaging him in favor of hyping up Haaland or something. Some Haaland or Ole related, bias accusation was predicted, but absolutely not my intention.

All it did was lure the Mbappe fan club in to project their own bias towards me. This forum has become an echo chamber. I could list all of the things I admire about Mbappe, and I'm sure that would make most of our members happy, but that would be incredibly boring.

You raise valid points regarding CR, Lewa (and Messi) once being criticized for being big game flops, and those observations resulted in discussions because we had devoted fans of these players, as well as more neutral observers. Most of the members we have left, seem to be perfectly happy with patting each other on the back while Cbarca serve them girl power tea.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but you'll have to ask them that question. I agree with Mbappe at the moment being limited however.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:2 completely different halves from PSG.

I give Man City credit, they pressed with a 2 and stepped much higher and more aggressively to PSG and additionally Gundogen and Bernando were much more involved.

But PSG completely stopped playing. It was like the Barca tie.

They had controlled and dominated the 1st half (1 leg vs us) and came into the 2nd with a strange passivity and no desire to keep playing. They didnt seem intent on adding to the scoreline at the risk of leaving themselves open, but gave away all the initiative.

I dont think it is over though, PSG are more than capable of scoring twice and City are very capable of allowing it to happen.

Yeah, they started off with a 433 medium block press, which gave PSG a lot of time in the build-up. I thought he'd press in a 4-4-2 like he usually does against big teams, but he chose not to. Even against Dortmund, he started off pressing with a 4-3-3 then changed it to a 4-4-2, which makes me think why doesn't he start with the 4-4-2 in the first place? I'm assuming it was to have an extra player in the middle to help defend against Neymar's central roaming and match up numerically to PSG's 3 man midfield?

The second half came by and they started pressing higher in a 4-4-2, Foden started playing more centrally with Cancelo and then Zinchenko playing wider, but not hugging the line. Zinchenko made a good difference when he came on. I really hate right-footed LB's who hug the line. The new positional rotations saw Gundogan drop deeper and he really ran the game.  He's gotten a lot of plaudits for his scoring form this season, but that second half signified why Pep signed him in the first place back in 2016. Bernardo and Mahrez put in a great defensive shift, and the defense contained the transition threat very well after the first half.

PSG collapsed in the second half too. Wenger claims it's because of their poor form in Ligue 1. They've lost a fair bit this season so when things aren't going their way they perform worse because they think they'll lose like has been the case in the league. Do you agree with that sentiment?

As for the second leg, I think PSG has the firepower to turn it around. At the same time, I think City has that winner's luck going for them too. Their goals in the knockout rounds have come from low probability events. BMG's finishing was dreadful. Against Dortmund, the first leg goals came from a giveaway and last min winner. The second leg goals came from a penalty and a long-range shot. Even against PSG, it was fluke goals. KDB's cross going in and the wall doing an awful job at Mahrez's free kick.

I'd have to verify the stats, but it doesn't even feel like City has been creating that many clear chances in the knockout rounds. It's amusing because the clear chances they have been getting they've been missing, but they've been scoring from the low odd opportunities instead. It gives me Real Madrid vibes tbh.

I said it before that there was no way they could win the CL with Sterling and Jesus starting because of how unreliable their finishing is. They haven't been trusted in the knockout rounds at all and instead, he decided to play midfielders as his forwards. Ironically, they're better finishers than them, but they don't offer much beyond the ball. No one's adding depth by making runs beyond the opposing defense they all want the ball to their feet.

It's obvious his strategy this season is to ball hog his way to the CL ala Del Bosque with Spain. I mean City has become accustomed to playing this way for months now ever since Bernardo won his place in midfield with KDB playing as a false 9. I thought they should have shown more attacking intent after the red card instead of just holding on to the ball, but that was obviously the instruction from the bench. Do you think he'll be able to win the CL with this risk-averse approach or will the lack of off-the-ball threat come to hurt them later on?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 04, 2021 2:54 pm

Anticipation any for the match in a few hours? Razz Very much looking forward to it. PSG will need to attack from the start, interesting to see how Man C do, they always go out to control the game anyway, but we all know they cant defend so either they will collapse in defense or probably frustrate PSG enough and go on to just dominate.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue May 04, 2021 5:07 pm

Journalists reporting Mbappe is going to start on the bench today due to his injury.

Advantage PSG.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue May 04, 2021 5:08 pm

Though on a serious note this could be a career defining performance for Neymar. No sideman and his team is losing. He can't let them down with his garbage finishing.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next