iftikhar
Hapless_Hans
The Franchise
Robespierre
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which team will progress ?

UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Vote_lcap38% UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
 UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Vote_lcap62% UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 8

UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Empty UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:44 am

UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Ew1pBJHWUAQ90wa?format=jpg&name=medium
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Empty Re: UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:26 pm

Haaland and I guess Sancho will surely pose the kind of threat Man City usually struggle with, the fast transition players.

But Dortmund seem to have too much trouble keeping goals out and City just have so many capable players.

Impossible to plan for, no idea who will play and where. City have no excuse not to come through this really.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund Empty Re: UCL QF 2020/21 | Manchester City - Borussia Dortmund

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:Haaland and I guess Sancho will surely pose the kind of threat Man City usually struggle with, the fast transition players.

But Dortmund seem to have too much trouble keeping goals out and City just have so many capable players.

Impossible to plan for, no idea who will play and where. City have no excuse not to come through this really.

BVB are rather poor as a team this season, I don't see how they can possibly threaten City over two legs.

Their approach. set up, plan, application as a team, and also their individual quality is very, very inconsistent at the moment. Not for nothing they're struggling to reach top 4 in Bundesliga.

I don't know much about Porto, but at least they seem to know how to park a bus, and so I'd call BVB the weakest team in the QF.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:36 pm

City will concede some goals, but will be easy winners in the end.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:39 pm

Guardiola is used to get knocked out from the surprise or player "sensation" of the moment, Mbappe at Monaco ,... Haaland now ?

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:41 pm

Robespierre wrote:Guardiola is used to get knocked out from the surprise or player "sensation" of the moment, Mbappe at Monaco ,... Haaland now ?

Nah, BVB are too poor
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:41 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Guardiola is used to get knocked out from the surprise or player "sensation" of the moment, Mbappe at Monaco ,... Haaland now ?

Nah, BVB are too poor

Yes, their lost badly against Lazio at Roma .........

but we had thought same about Lyon ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Well I certaintly expect City to control the game, score goals and create chances. But I think Dortmund showed enough vs Sevilla to suggest at least on the counter attack they will pose a threat.

Now can they be defensively solid enough and avoid errors? Doubt it. They might be the weakest team for that reason alone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Robespierre wrote:

His dad captained Man City at one point. It doesn't necessarily mean anything, in terms of likely transfers.

If anything, the match against Sevilla showed how weak Dortmund are as a team. Call me biased if you want, take Haaland out of the equation, and they were dominated by an assumed lesser team.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:24 pm

Unless Dortmund somehow become a far better team than what I've seen over this season, City should take this comfortably and that's even if Haaland and Sancho wild out.

Hope Gio Reyna gets some minutes. I expect Gundogan to pop up with at least a goal against his former side at some point during this tie.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:27 pm

McLewis wrote:

Hope Gio Reyna gets some minutes.

I hope he gets some minutes, too. He was in great form near the end of last season. He's looked more subdued and anonymous in this one.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:33 pm

If Pep gets eliminated against this Dortmund in current form, I will lose all the respect for the bald fraud. At least I admire him now and hate him at the same time. But if he crashes out, all the people saying about Pep "he was lucky to have those special players at Barca" will be true thane ever.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:38 pm

Robespierre wrote:

what a dumb little fuck
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:59 pm

no excuse for CITY . Dortmund is a perfect opponent for them ( open game ).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:43 pm

You guys do realize were speaking about Pep here? The man lost to Lyon who were 7th in thier league and after beating Spurs in 6-7 straight games lose in the CL to them without Kane Laughing

I can already see the man drawing up 1000 scenarios in his head and already sense him preparing to make this round overcomplicated.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:06 pm

Entertaining games should be, with Man C well on top as many said above, Dortmund just arent good enough at the back.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:31 pm

haaland looks like a young serial killer in that pic lol. Glad he directed all that towards scoring goals...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:36 am

Winter is Coming wrote:You guys do realize were speaking about Pep here? The man lost to Lyon who were 7th in thier league and after beating Spurs in 6-7 straight games lose in the CL to them without Kane Laughing

I can already see the man drawing up 1000 scenarios in his head and already sense him preparing to make this round overcomplicated.

I actually forgot about the Spurs loss. High chance Pep may actually really over complicate this match...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:19 am

Winter is Coming wrote:You guys do realize were speaking about Pep here? The man lost to Lyon who were 7th in thier league and after beating Spurs in 6-7 straight games lose in the CL to them without Kane Laughing

It wouldn't surprise me if he fields a 5-3-2 in the away leg with both Fernandinho and Rodri playing midfield to combat Haaland. rofl

If Dortmund could actually defend, I'd have them favorites for this tie. I have City going through with a 60% chance. If Dortmund scores first, Dortmund's chance of going through is 70%. The United game is all I needed to see that City hasn't changed when their backs are against the wall. If they concede first, the game will turn end to end, Sterling/Jesus will miss a sitter, and Haaland will score whatever chance comes his way. Then again this Dortmund team isn't impressive at all so maybe it isn't 70%, but still favorites if they get the first goal. Laughing

Unless City is so much more dominant than their opponents, I have a hard time seeing them win the CL with their lack of efficiency. Even if they are the best team in the world, I have zero trust in them scoring in a crucial moment. That's the difference between them and Bayern.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:13 am

The Lyon of the last CL knockout tournament and the BVB of now are not comparable
We played Lyon in the semis, they were great.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:52 pm

Pep starts Foden and Bernardo and no 5 at the back BS than city puts the tie to bed or at least takes a 2 goal lead into the second leg. Already anticipate him starting Sterling and benching Bernardo. I would go with this formation:

Walker-Stones-Dias-Cancelo
Bernardo-Rodri/Fern-Gundogan
Foden-KdB-Jesus
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:20 pm

Casciavit wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if he fields a 5-3-2 in the away leg with both Fernandinho and Rodri playing midfield to combat Haaland. rofl

If Dortmund could actually defend, I'd have them favorites for this tie. I have City going through with a 60% chance. If Dortmund scores first, Dortmund's chance of going through is 70%. The United game is all I needed to see that City hasn't changed when their backs are against the wall. If they concede first, the game will turn end to end, Sterling/Jesus will miss a sitter, and Haaland will score whatever chance comes his way. Then again this Dortmund team isn't impressive at all so maybe it isn't 70%, but still favorites if they get the first goal. Laughing

Unless City is so much more dominant than their opponents, I have a hard time seeing them win the CL with their lack of efficiency. Even if they are the best team in the world, I have zero trust in them scoring in a crucial moment. That's the difference between them and Bayern.

This is a guarantee with Laporte as a FB.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:32 pm

I doubt MAn C would be as bad as the Man U when it comes to finishing in the CL this time, I mean that Man U game was so bad, it really felt like a fixed match where Man C players avoided scoring, they were lazy and way off target, nothing like the usual hit the bar, great saves from the GK, etc.

Definitely generally true though Man C tend to need to be so very dominating and xG far ahead of their opponent in order to go through in the CL. Luck definitely has been a factor I think in the past few seasons too, so in that sense surely they should have better luck this year? Razz Bayern will probably be the biggest challenge though obviously, but as much as they dominate and score goals, they also miss a lot and still suspect defensively. Cant wait Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:47 pm

Guardiola not playing an experimental 11, benching his worst finishers, and playing KDB false 9 with Bernardo in midfield?

Seems like the baldie is finally learning
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next