Thimmy
Nishankly
urbaNRoots
57 posters

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Erling Haaland - Page 4 Empty Re: Erling Haaland

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:49 am

Glory wrote:I dont know whether we were legit there for him and the kid indeed rejected us.

You were, he did.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:09 am

M99 wrote:Another L for @Firenze

He's probably accustomed to this by now. Utd would be better suited on hard working Englishmen anyway. Seeing Jarrod Bowen has 15 goals for Hull City down in the Championship which is the equivalent to the Bundesliga (both Austrian and German). Good signing for Utd imo.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:38 pm

I have to say, his brute force and his quirky, kind of awkward style of running has a Muller-esque quality to it. It’s amusing to watch him conbine those two parts of his game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:20 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Glory wrote:I dont know whether we were legit there for him and the kid indeed rejected us.

You were, he did.

Prove it. Just another example of agents using United (biggest club in the world, known to overpay like crazy too) to get a deal done

in the entire multiverse, not a single reality exists where someone chooses Borussia fucking Dortmund over Manchester United.

Any and all links with this Scandinavian troll are quite simply, fake news.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:38 pm

He rejected you

Stop being a salty numpty and move on ffs
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:59 pm

Firenze wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

You were, he did.

Prove it. Just another example of agents using United (biggest club in the world, known to overpay like crazy too) to get a deal done

in the entire multiverse, not a single reality exists where someone chooses Borussia fucking Dortmund over Manchester United.

Any and all links with this Scandinavian troll are quite simply, fake news.

Opplysninger til VG: Solskjær møtte Haaland-leiren i Salzburg fredag

Ifølge VGs informasjon reiste Solskjær fra Manchester til Salzburg tidlig fredag morgen. Pappa Alfie Haaland (47) skal ha vært på plass da Solskjær ankom den østerrikske alpebyen.

Etter en kort visitt skal Solskjær ha returnert til England.
https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/8m1w31/opplysninger-til-vg-solskjaer-moette-haaland-leiren-i-salzburg-fredag

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer met top target Erling Braut Haaland in Salzburg on Friday ahead of potential January transfer

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took a flight to meet Erling Braut Haaland on Friday
   Haaland has reportedly discussed a move to Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig
   Solskjaer later flew back to Manchester ahead of United's clash with Everton

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer flew to Salzburg early on Friday morning to make a sales pitch to Manchester United's No.1 transfer target Erling Braut Haaland.

Solskjaer made the dramatic intervention after it emerged that Haaland had met with representatives of Borussia Dortmund and Red Bull Leipzig in recent days.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7791249/Manchester-United-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-met-target-Erling-Braut-Haaland-Salzburg.html

Erling Haaland: Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says striker has decided his future

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says promising young striker Erling Haaland has decided what he wants to do when the transfer window opens next month.
Haaland, 19, is one of the most coveted players in Europe after scoring 28 goals in 22 appearances for Red Bull Salzburg this season.
Solskjaer worked with Haaland for two years at Molde, giving the striker his debut at 16. He is understood to have flown to Austria on Friday to talk with the teenager.

"He knows what he wants to do and knows what he is going to do," said Solskjaer, when asked if he had any advice for the youngster.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/5080287

Exclusive: Mino Raiola hits back at Manchester United over Erling Haaland transfer claims

Mino Raiola has refuted claims that Manchester United withdrew from the race to sign Erling Haaland because of the excessive demands made by the agent and said that, instead, the club should question why one of Europe’s hottest young talents decided not to join them.

Raiola revealed that Haaland had more contact with United than any other club, including meetings with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and that it was the 19-year-old’s own choice to move to Borussia Dortmund because he felt it was a better club to further his career “at this time”.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/30/exclusive-mino-raiola-disappointed-manchester-united-erling/

Mino Raiola wrote:“The club that he had the most direct contact with him was Manchester United,” Raiola added.

“They spoke to him the most. Everybody had the chance to talk to him in person. We let that happen especially when he knows Ole.

“Clearly he felt that at this moment it was not the right step in his career. There is nothing against Manchester United or Ole.

He chose Borussia Dortmund ahead of them and other clubs and I’m very happy because he is going to the club he wanted to go to and that is best for him right now.

“If he wanted to go to Manchester United I would have been obliged to take him to Manchester United but he did not.

“When you are 19 then maybe you prefer not to go to the Premier League.

The offer from Manchester United was good. It was not about the economics. It is just the player chose Borussia Dortmund at this stage of his career.
https://www.football365.com/news/raiola-explains-why-haaland-turned-man-utd-down
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:03 pm

shocking sources and hearsay

not a single credible shred of evidence out there to say we ever seriously considered this scrub

OUT
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Firenze wrote:shocking sources and hearsay

«not a single credible shred of evidence out there to say we ever seriously considered this club»

OUT

Whose quote is that? Raiola? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Dortmund is definitely a safer option at his age. At Utd he'd either start and have the pressure of carrying the team, or be a rotation player which would stunt his development.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:02 pm

Doc wrote:
M99 wrote:Another L for @Firenze

He's probably accustomed to this by now. Utd would be better suited on hard working Englishmen anyway. Seeing Jarrod Bowen has 15 goals for Hull City down in the Championship which is the equivalent to the Bundesliga (both Austrian and German). Good signing for Utd imo.

Would take Jared Bowen tbh. Heard promising things about him. Also Jude Bellingham. Should really go for these kind of players instead of spending 80 mil on Maddison or Grealish.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:29 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

You were, he did.

From Raiola's recent butthurt quote re: Pogba, its more or less certain that we didnt agree to the fat fcuk's proposal to include a buyout clause in Haaland's contract and that's the reason the deal didnt go through. Also playing time would have been a really big factor. He might have wanted to be a regular. Had we agreed both, that is a regular spot in the lineup and a release clause on top of the insane wages, Haaland would have come for sure. If this was another player, like a Sancho for example, it would have been different, yea. We are in position to attract players like those (unless ofc we obscenely stretch our wage budget). But players like Haaland I do believe we still can attract.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:41 pm

I honestly don’t think Haaland would’ve even considered Man United if Ole hadn’t been there, but I suppose only he himself knows whether or not that’s true hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:02 am

Firenze wrote:shocking sources and hearsay

not a single credible shred of evidence out there to say we ever seriously considered this scrub

OUT

Manchester United made the biggest contract offer to Erling Braut Haaland but the striker chose to sign with Dortmund to continue his development. (Source: Independent)

Stop living in 2011

This is 2020 where you are not a desirable destination for top talents. End of.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:56 am

Haaland doesn’t have a release contract at Dortmund (no one does anymore after losing great players for almost nothing). So I doubt that was a big factor on why he isn’t at Man Utd right now. Dortmund simply is a better place for a young player to develop and he seems smart enough to realize that he still needs to develop rather than be expected to be the guy who will save Man Utd.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Yea thats because Dortmund wont reject a good enough bid for him in the future and so Raiola have no prob even if there is no Release clause. United on the other hand (rightly or wrongly) wont budge. Like the case with Pogba now, the fat cnut wont be able to engineer a deal a 2 or 3 seasons later to a bigger club, unless there is no clause in place. I mean the guy is super bitter these days, literally called us out, demeaned us publicly and has even said he wont ever send any player to United anymore lol (thank feck tbf for that).

Anyway as you said it is indeed the right choice for the player. Hope he does well at BVB.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Hattrick....

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:13 pm

as a sub, in 25 minutes no less

on his debut

ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Happy for Norway. Two world class talents. They’ve been the worst of the Scandinavian teams for so long. They were due.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:19 pm

can't wait to sign him
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:20 pm

Firenze wrote:can't wait to sign him

same
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

same
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:23 pm

S wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

same
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:25 pm

Freeza wrote:Happy for Norway. Two world class talents. They’ve been the worst of the Scandinavian teams for so long. They were due.

Yeah, like I’ve stated before, I would never even suggest for a top club to buy a Norwegian talent in the past. Only 10-15 years ago, our top players were nothing but height and strength, no technique. That seems to have changed, though. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Ødegaard display the level of passing talent and technique he had as a mere 14 year old for my local team, and I’ve kept being surprised by the type of players that have emerged here since then. This paradigm shift in Norwegian football has been so gradual, yet so sudden.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:39 am

Thimmy wrote: This paradigm shift in Norwegian football has been so gradual, yet so sudden.

It's the global warming, yo
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:10 am

He rejected you to go Dortmund, you would not be signing him any time soon.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Freeza wrote:Happy for Norway. Two world class talents. They’ve been the worst of the Scandinavian teams for so long. They were due.

Yeah, like I’ve stated before, I would never even suggest for a top club to buy a Norwegian talent in the past. Only 10-15 years ago, our top players were nothing but height and strength, no technique. That seems to have changed, though. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Ødegaard display the level of passing talent and technique he had as a mere 14 year old for my local team, and I’ve kept being surprised by the type of players that have emerged here since then. This paradigm shift in Norwegian football has been so gradual, yet so sudden.

Is it just a case a few talented players emerging or is there a concentrated effort to reform Norwegian football? If there is a Michel Sablon-type character working behind the scenes you guys might become the next Belgium. hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next