Who'll go down as the 3rd best player in Mbappé-Haaland era?

+16
rincon
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
M99
Warrior
McLewis
Pedram
Kaladin
neuro11
Blue
Casciavit
Thimmy
Cruijf
Myesyats
El Gunner
Varnagel
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who'll go down as the 3rd best player in Mbappé-Haaland era? Empty Who'll go down as the 3rd best player in Mbappé-Haaland era?

Post by Varnagel Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:05 pm

Mbappé & Haaland are top 3 players in the world alongside with a 35-year-old Messi now.

Although Messi is the best player in the world and likely to win his 8th Ballon d'Or, he'll slow down soon whereas Mbappé & Haaland will continue to be undisputed top 2 players in the world for the next 10-15 years bar career-ending injury. Both will be multi-time winner of Ballon d'Ors and other individual accolades.

But what about the 3rd? There's a lot of contenders from Mbappé-Haaland's generation. Some few examples.

- Bellingham
- Pedri
- Bukayo Saka
- Tchouameni
- Vinicius Jr
- Musiala

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Who'll go down as the 3rd best player in Mbappé-Haaland era? Empty Re: Who'll go down as the 3rd best player in Mbappé-Haaland era?

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:37 pm

Musiala has the most raw talent and potential imo. But it will definitely interesting to see if someone seriously emerges and challenges those two for Ballon D'ors.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Who'll go down as the 3rd best player in Mbappé-Haaland era? Empty Re: Who'll go down as the 3rd best player in Mbappé-Haaland era?

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:40 pm

Cody Gakpo
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:20 pm

Vinicius for me. He’s a very exciting talent and now that he’s improved his end product he’s a very dangerous player.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:31 pm

Either Vinicius or Bellingham, I imagine. I'm also excited to see how Rodrygo Goes develops. He hasn't had that burst into the spotlight that Vinicius has had in recent years, but he might turn out to be more of a late bloomer, which seems to be quite common in players with a more mature and calculated approach to the game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:34 am

Vinicius or Musiala imo
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:54 am

I hope not Musiala, that would depress the hellva out of me.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:55 am

Blue wrote:I hope not Musiala, that would depress the hellva out of me.

context?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:13 am

Was impressed with gakpo and musiala. Musiala and his dribbling made me feel like awe. The guy is too raw. He will surely learn to make those dribbling more effective in terms of end productive. He may have a great future ahead. V. Junior is clearly the frontrunner out of the mentioned names.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:38 am

Rafael Leao
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:33 pm

Vinícius José Paixão de Oliveira Júnior
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:02 pm

Some interesting stuff in this radar map of some of the midfielders:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/zwhxfm/radar_charts_of_some_midfielders_all_stats_are/

I believe it'll be Jude. His ceiling just seems endless to me.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:04 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Blue wrote:I hope not Musiala, that would depress the hellva out of me.

context?

Chelsea product, was at Chelsea since he was 8 years old, signed with Bayern a couple years ago.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:16 pm

I believe in Alphonso Davies
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Mohamed Kudus

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/23/ghanas-mohammed-kudus-neymar-is-not-better-than-me-hes-just-a-higher-profile-player
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:20 am

Actually there's no guarantee these two will be the top wo.

I can see the likes of Vini and Musiala having more CLs/Balon D Ors than them.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:05 pm

M99 wrote:Actually there's no guarantee these two will be the top wo.

Yeah i think there's a good chance football will move away from duopoly, players mentioned in this thread will all have great careers but i don't see any of them standing out as much as Messi in term of Ballon d'Or.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:42 pm

M99 wrote:Actually there's no guarantee these two will be the top wo.

Mbappe & Haaland are astronomically clear in their generation, just like it was the case for Messi & Cristiano.

I'd even suggest that Mbappe and even Haaland (mainly thanks to his unprecedented goalscoring stats) have already established themselves as one of the best players ever in their respective position before turning 25. Just like it was he case for Messi and R9. You cannot say the same for the likes of Vini & Musiala, although they may become all-time greats by the end of their career

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:49 pm

Mbappe is the real deal, but Haaland without service often goes missing from matches. He's not a guaranteed top 2 best player of this era yet.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:51 pm

I'm not going to argue against your last claim because you may be right for all I know. Personally, I think it's quite silly to predict future top anything when the most notable contenders for the future top whatever title have a decade left of their respective careers. Either way, I can't help but wonder if you speak from little experience when you say he often goes missing without service. I have noticed the same thing lately, but I don't think a lack of service was something that held him back to this extent at Dortmund, so I can only assume it's related to his instructions at City. It's not like he's not capable of challenging players on his own, but clearly he's not a winger.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:19 am

My observation is solely related to his City matches, it could very well be it was different for Dortmund.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:11 pm

I dont think a player who is not outstanding hits Haaland numbers and for more than one team to boot. He aint afraid of the big game either. I agree with the service statement tho but I dont think it's enough to deter his ability.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:15 pm

Haaland is THAT GUY. He's not as complete as Mbappe, but there's a chance his club CV will look better when its said and done.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:26 pm

Reece James, if he can stay healthy.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:46 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Mbappe is the real deal, but Haaland without service often goes missing from matches. He's not a guaranteed top 2 best player of this era yet.

The guy scores almost as many goals as games he plays for all of City, Dortmund, and even Norway. Different levels of service and he still gets crazy numbers.

Clear of anyone but Mbappe in this generation.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next