Unique
McLewis
39 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Probably because they've never seen one Hans.

I'd like to see where Serbia stands on brown people :coffee:

lmao

anyway, in Germany, contrary to your hypothesis, to me it seems like the less foreigners or people of other ethnicities live in an area, the more xenophobic and racist that area is

Depends on access to information, formation of opinions and preconceived opinions in the country or nations that the country relates to. All three points related at the max. German media would talk about all this a lot, Serbian (would, and that's why they have RW governments, against Gypsies etc) or Slovenian media wouldn't speak about this at all.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Imagine how racists they'd be if they'd seen two Hans hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:05 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Imagine how racists they'd be if they'd seen two Hans hmm

Imagine if they saw a TrHans. (get it?)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

lmao

anyway, in Germany, contrary to your hypothesis, to me it seems like the less foreigners or people of other ethnicities live in an area, the more xenophobic and racist that area is
I think this is true across the board. Daily interaction with minorities is the best way to break down stereotypes and fearmongering.

The serbia case might be down to a sample size/selection issue, the only people that responded to this survey are those that could find it and speak english. If not enough Serbians found it then it might not be representative. Or it could be that they actually have less biases against blacks than European peers, too.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:57 pm

From the link posted by BC:
Since 2002, hundreds of thousands of people around the world have logged onto a website run by Harvard University called Project Implicit and taken an “implicit association test” (IAT), a rapid-response task which measures how easily you can pair items from different categories.

Help me out here, how did they know that those who logged onto their website were white?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:03 pm

Race is a required field when you sign up to take the test

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/research/registration/Register.jsp

But you are making me doubt whether the map shows the results from only white people or all citizens of that country. I got that part from where I found this link but the description says nothing about it being only from white-europeans
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:06 pm

I think its available to second generation immigrants as well. For example the Irish had it quite bad in the US at the start, no way they'd vote against immigration while being in the US.

Data falsified imo sorry Vibestradanus
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Why do people feel like they have the right to tell other people who they can and can't like anyway.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Unique wrote:Why do people feel like they have the right to tell other people who they can and can't like anyway.

Its fine, no one asks you why you don't like eating Salmon or why you hate Bears in the wild or why you find the noise of marbles rubbing each other weird. If you have problem with innocent humans who do the same fucking shit as you from morning to night, you need have a good reason.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:42 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:Why do people feel like they have the right to tell other people who they can and can't like anyway.

Its fine, no one asks you why you don't like eating Salmon or why you hate Bears in the wild or why you find the noise of marbles rubbing each other weird. If you have problem with innocent humans who do the same fucking shit as you from morning to night, you need have a good reason.
not always. Betty hates white people because he has a small penis. As crazy as that is I think Betty is allowed to hate white people if he likes.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:49 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

not always. Betty hates white people because he has a small penis. As crazy as that is I think Betty is allowed to hate white people if he likes.

Does anyone support him? I accept that I supported him long before his thoughts went way out of my spectrum. Freedom of speech and opinions is allowed and is well observed on GL.

It's when someone crosses a barrier without themselves knowing, we bring them back to Earth with a -25% or a ban. No one stops you from saying stuff against Islam or religion, its upto a point where you cross it. The fact you speak about a small penis is obviously deeply racist and on paper you should be banned instantly but you won't.

So you can like things or dislike and speak about them or have preconceived notions about whatever the fuck you feel but the moment you cross a line, which is way way too generous on GL thanks to our mods, you will be stopped and rightfully so. Betty has the same treatment, its just that he is very coherent with his arguments (as wrong as they maybe) which are contested, he doesn't make a racist or socially unacceptable statement and not justify it properly from his perspective.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:57 pm

Just completed the test:
During the IAT you just completed:
Your responses suggested no automatic preference between African Americans and European Americans.

Now, let me tell you what I think:

1. The questions are perfectly tailored to dupe you into making a mistake every now and then if you're not careful and even if you're not racist:

• They first ask you to associate all the bad words with pictures of African Americans and all the good words with pictures of European Americans. So you'll be spending a solid minute and a half training your brain to do just that.

• Then, they'll flip the rule and ask you to associate all the good words with pictures of African American and all the bad words with pictures of European Americans. But here's the thing, even if you're not racist, there's a fair chance you may associate the suggested bad word with a picture of an African American face simply because your brain has just developed a habit of doing that from the previous exercice. It won't test your racism, it'll test your ability to switch from a pattern to the complete opposite pattern without losing focus. This feels more like a cognitive skill test than it is a racism one.

• When it is time to enter your personal information (name, location, race, age, ...), there's absolutely no control in place to see if you're telling the truth or not. So if the person taking the test enters "white European" even though they're African American or latino, the website will take their word for it and move on. So there goes the legitimacy of the test out of the window.

So all in all, I think it's a very weak test with too many holes in it to be taken seriously, and it shouldn't in no way be a tool to measure accurately or broadly the level of implicit or explicit racism of countries.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:12 am

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Does anyone support him? I accept that I supported him long before his thoughts went way out of my spectrum. Freedom of speech and opinions is allowed and is well observed on GL.

It's when someone crosses a barrier without themselves knowing, we bring them back to Earth with a -25% or a ban. No one stops you from saying stuff against Islam or religion, its upto a point where you cross it. The fact you speak about a small penis is obviously deeply racist and on paper you should be banned instantly but you won't.

So you can like things or dislike and speak about them or have preconceived notions about whatever the fuck you feel but the moment you cross a line, which is way way too generous on GL thanks to our mods, you will be stopped and rightfully so. Betty has the same treatment, its just that he is very coherent with his arguments (as wrong as they maybe) which are contested, he doesn't make a racist or socially unacceptable statement and not justify it properly from his perspective.
it's not racist for me to say Betty has a small penis. Betty has himself pointed out that has has a small penis and he is not happy about it. And also you can't tell me that it really bothers you if Betty don't like white people. I mean you don't sit there and man that cuts me deep that Betty hates white folks I feel sorry for them. We both know you don't care just like I don't care. And tbh I think getting banned for what they call hate speech for saying I hate religion is harsh. We both knew well and good anyone right now could say I hate Donald trump and America and I hope trump dies a slow painful death and nobody would say shit. No bans no warnings nothin. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:22 am

I don't mind Betty attacking white people the same way Id don't mind you attacking Islam because you both are ultimately wrong and this is coming from a neutral who isn't both, hell my nation or apparent religion are never a discussion and not even part of the fucking world map until my needle lad Vibe bring us in. You never stuck to religion as a whole in major arguments lets not kid ourselves, if you did it wouldn't be a problem.

It boils down to how you explain your thinking and sadly Unique, you suffer more for obvious reasons if you compare your temporary bans to Betty's -25%s. Nothing more to say here from my side.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:34 am

Nishankly wrote:I don't mind Betty attacking white people the same way Id don't mind you attacking Islam because you both are ultimately wrong and this is coming from a neutral who isn't both, hell my nation or apparent religion are never a discussion and not even part of the fucking world map until my needle lad Vibe bring us in. You never stuck to religion as a whole in major arguments lets not kid ourselves, if you did it wouldn't be a problem.

It boils down to how you explain your thinking and sadly Unique, you suffer more for obvious reasons if you compare your temporary bans to Betty's -25%s. Nothing more to say here from my side.
if you don't know why I don't like Islam how do you know I'm wrong. and who's to say Betty is wrong for not liking white people. You might not dislike white people for the same reasons Betty don't like them but it don't mean Betty is wrong.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:00 pm

This entire discussion is silly. i have never, not even once, said anything disparaging about white people on here.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:01 am

Young Kaz wrote:This entire discussion is silly. i have never, not even once, said anything disparaging about white people on here.

rofl rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:38 am

Progressives always show their true colors in the end.

These are mouthpieces for the Bernie party.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:27 am

Atlanta Black Star wrote:‘I Didn’t Set a Good Example as a Black Man’: Mike Tyson Says His Kids Aren’t Attracted to Other Black People, Blames Himself

In one part of the discussion, the retired boxer said that his kids aren’t attracted to Black people, and it may be his fault. Tyson also said he’s completely baffled by the whole thing, but wanted to talk about it.

https://atlantablackstar.com/2020/01/11/i-didnt-set-a-good-example-as-a-black-man-mike-tyson-says-his-kids-arent-attracted-to-other-black-people-blames-himself/

Mike Tyson is the GOAT for talking about a subject that is taboo in people of color households, but is very much present.

I went to a church with a lot of girls, and in my old age, have noticed every girl who had poor views of Asian men came from households where the father didnt relate to them on human levels. They always had dads who were either withdrawn culturally, or so strict that they just wanted to rebel. this caused a worship that they would display. My uncle's girlfriend had a father like that, and when we were growing up she always said really hurtful things about Japanese people, and Japanese men in particular. She had self hate. Got pregnant by an absolute racist who wants nothing to do with the kid they have, and now shes with my uncle slowly trying to rebuild a self image that should have been done as a kid.

Its so weird. Growing up as a person of color in America you have to always be vigilant or the people around you will fall into a destructive pattern of self hate. You have to turn traits that society will tell you is negative to a positive early in life. I started with my aunt, and kept it going for my two sisters. Something as simple as parroting what the outside public would say:

"God damn your eyes are slanted"

but reinforce it with positivity

"Its just too fucking beautiful"

You tell someone that constantly, they'll believe it. I wasnt old enough to really be cognizant of this as a kid, but its very apparent with my youngest sister. From the time she could understand anything I drilled it into her head, and honestly she has confidence levels that I or her older sister, or even our aunt and uncle, couldnt imagine at that age. A positive male role model has to be there to instill confidence in the community. If you compare her to my uncle's girlfriend who had no such influence within her house the difference is night and day. She still wears eye lashes to make her eyes appear less Asiatic. I can tell her all day shes more beautiful without it, that my uncle wouldnt care either way, but its a mental block for her. I know it comes from pain too, but its hell trying to fix an affliction that isnt physical.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:54 am

And it isnt just women who are prone to bouts of crippling self hatred. I wont mention Michael Jackson who we all know, but the son of a famous giants player in Japan is another example.

Spoiler:

Like Tariq Nasheed says its time to get on code this decade. I already cancelled Nintendo for their anti Asian bullshit, and I am on alert for what else needs to be cancelled going forward. We cant have our kids turning out like Kuwata's embarrassing boy up there.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:33 am

im sure by now people are aware of the goings on in the royal family with harry and megsxit but lots of people are now starting to say this has come about because of racism towards meghan in the UK. i must have been kidnapped by aliens since the wedding because ive not seen any of that. but tbh i dont wake up in the morning with the sole purpose of trying to find any racist stuff i can find but if anyone has seen any racism towards megsxit ( im sure freeza has ) please show it to me.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:17 pm

Unique wrote:but tbh i dont wake up in the morning with the sole purpose of trying to find any racist stuff i can find but if anyone has seen any racism towards megsxit ( im sure freeza has ) please show it to me.

No offense intended towards Freeza, but that comment made my day Laughing I haven’t read or noticed any racism towards Meghan either. If you ask me, she’s out of Harry’s league. Lucky for him, he’s royalty.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:16 am

Unique wrote:im sure by now people are aware of the goings on in the royal family with harry and megsxit but lots of people are now starting to say this has come about because of racism towards meghan in the UK. i must have been kidnapped by aliens since the wedding because ive not seen any of that. but tbh i dont wake up in the morning with the sole purpose of trying to find any racist stuff i can find but if anyone has seen any racism towards megsxit ( im sure freeza has ) please show it to me.

A member of his family wore this:
Spoiler:

to meet her.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:30 am

Thimmy wrote:
Unique wrote:but tbh i dont wake up in the morning with the sole purpose of trying to find any racist stuff i can find but if anyone has seen any racism towards megsxit ( im sure freeza has ) please show it to me.

No offense intended towards Freeza, but that comment made my day Laughing I haven’t read or noticed any racism towards Meghan either. If you ask me, she’s out of Harry’s league. Lucky for him, he’s royalty.

None taken.

Though I don’t believe Unique hasn’t seen anything. It’s been pretty prevalent.

Pretty bad some of the stuff in there and I think it’s tiresome in the end. I fully support them leaving. I’d have done the same.

Also if we’re speaking about beautiful people, I don’t think anyone is out of a prince’s league Laughing

I think the Danish Prince Joachim is married to an incredibly beautiful woman, and he’s not exactly a handsome man.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/royalty-past-present/images/9/9a/03102007EngagementPrinceJoachimMarieCavallierOfficial1.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20141118170545
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Meghan being biracial is only one dimension for what she and Harry have had to put up with.

I think most of what she's enduring has to do with her being American. The British press and people were equally dismissive of and hostile to Wallis Simpson ( a white American) back in the 30s since she  was in a serious relationship and eventually married Edward VIII (marriage happened after he abdicated and became Duke of Windsor). Edward didn't want to rule anyway so with paranoia around having potentially an American as Queen-consort, his abdication solved several problems.

Meghan's treatment is even more bizarre given the super remote chance of Harry ascending to the throne. I think it goes beyond racism to something approaching a weird combo of nationalism and xenophobia. Had Meghan been French, I think she would've been treated even worse.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:51 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Unique wrote:im sure by now people are aware of the goings on in the royal family with harry and megsxit but lots of people are now starting to say this has come about because of racism towards meghan in the UK. i must have been kidnapped by aliens since the wedding because ive not seen any of that. but tbh i dont wake up in the morning with the sole purpose of trying to find any racist stuff i can find but if anyone has seen any racism towards megsxit ( im sure freeza has ) please show it to me.

A member of his family wore this:
Spoiler:

to meet her.

I don't even know who that is.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content