Warrior
34 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Racism Thread Empty The Racism Thread

Post by Warrior Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:46 am

Not sure what the problem is, i said the same things as you

Political correctness is the root of this hypocrisy which ruins your mood

1776 itself seems terrible, it's the creation of modified history texts i find annoying.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Racism Thread Empty Re: The Racism Thread

Post by Young Kaz Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:09 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:But in Dr King's time the republicans were the good party, right? hmm

Republicans can celebrate MLK day, why not? McConnell, Ivanka, Rand & all the rest who have a proven record of not caring a lick for social justice are simply playing lip service and should rightfully be criticized for it.

Maybe when he was a kid, but by the time he was an adult the republicans were well and gone. Goldwater outright refused to support the civil rights movement all together.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:48 pm

In MLKs time, there were no good parties.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:45 pm

McLewis wrote:

The 1776 Commission is more than annoying. It's dangerous, inaccurate, and reckless. It will likely get taught in schools in Republican-controlled school districts, ensuring yet more generations of white folks growing up believing a very white-washed history of this nature.

I thought Biden was gonna rescind that with an executive order?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:03 pm

He likely will and that's a federal decision. The states individually could still decide to teach at local levels where the GOP have lots of control.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:56 pm

Brought to you by the same city that killed Eric Garner (black man) over loose cigarettes and jailed Kalief Browder (a black man) over allegedly stealing a backpack at 16. They held him without trial at Rikers. The denied him bail, even when he had the money to pay for his release. They released him 3 years later and he committed suicide because of what he experienced while locked up.

Meanwhile we have Amy Cooper (above) getting charges dropped after taking educational courses on racial biases. Riley Williams, who broke into the Capitol and stole the laptop of Nancy Pelosi (the Speaker of the House and 3rd in the line of presidential succession) was released into the custody of her mother (despite already being a fucking adult). And then there's Jenny Cudd, who was arrested at the Capitol, released back home to Texas and successfully petitioned the government to leave the country for a retreat in out-of-country.

You want to be safe in America? Be a white woman.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:23 pm

Didnt help that Christian Cooper was caping for her from the jump....probably in an attempt to have access to future white Homosexual partners.

You know for a second he wouldnt have caped for a black woman harassing him in the park in that manner. Same way with this BS about "black folks" attacking Asians. Lets get real. When Asians came to this country and were SHUNNED by every other group it was black Americans who allowed us to come in their communities, and its black americans today who make up the majority of those who patronize Asian business. Dont you all let Biden create another crime bill to throw black people in jail over false pretense.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:22 am

You're not wrong at all. Cooper tried to do the decent thing by asking for leniency, but she would not have done the same. This is the experience of black people in America. We have to show mercy. We have to ask for leniency. We have to show grace. It's rarely ever the other way around.

And you're also spot on about the historic relationship about Black Americans and Asian Americans. Our ancestors were a real threat to whites, especially out West. Alliances had to be made, even if each demographic has largely grown apart, particularly post-WWII.

I think the dirty open secret about the 1994 Crime Bill is that Biden wrote it with significant input from local black leaders, who were tired of seeing their neighborhoods destroyed by drugs and crime. They knew what this bill would do and they made their peace with it. Many of them remain among Biden's strongest supporters among the Black voting bloc. Many were instrumental in his victory. And many want us to forget the part they played back in '94.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:57 am

McLewis wrote:You're not wrong at all. Cooper tried to do the decent thing by asking for leniency, but she would not have done the same. This is the experience of black people in America. We have to show mercy. We have to ask for leniency. We have to show grace. It's rarely ever the other way around.

And you're also spot on about the historic relationship about Black Americans and Asian Americans. Our ancestors were a real threat to whites, especially out West. Alliances had to be made, even if each demographic has largely grown apart, particularly post-WWII.

I think the dirty open secret about the 1994 Crime Bill is that Biden wrote it with significant input from local black leaders, who were tired of seeing their neighborhoods destroyed by drugs and crime. They knew what this bill would do and they made their peace with it. Many of them remain among Biden's strongest supporters among the Black voting bloc. Many were instrumental in his victory. And many want us to forget the part they played back in '94.

Its trained into people of color worldwide. I always think back to when the unrest was happening last summer. Nish made a point in saying "You cant get on their good side if you act this way". You know, this is not only how our parents think, but how people overseas think when it comes to dismantling the system of white supremacy.

This Asian thing is the stupidest shit though. The big lens on random acts of violence against Asians by people who happen to be black is nothing more than a smokescreen.  White folks treat asians like shit. Always have. Always will but they wont speak up about it. I or some other brothers speak up about it and we are seen as bad apples....but everybody and their mother can come out when trash like Liang are rightfully convicted for their crimes against INNOCENT black people...fuck outta here. I WILL call this out in my community. Kamala and others might try to push this to get another crime bill passed and get some bonus points, but know its BS in the end.

Asians and Black brothers and sisters have lived together in this country for decades. Has it always been perfect? No, but its been a mutually beneficial relationship that exists in nearly every state of the nation. Anything stating otherwise is divide and conquer.

This lady was a terrorist. She threatened a black man with his life and knew what she was doing. Pretending to be frantic calling the cops. Ladies like her are PUBLIC MENACES no different from Suicide bombers.Christian Cooper is complicit in not pushing for charges to be filed against her. What happens if she tries that again to another black man? And the cops come in guns blazing at the poor soul?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:14 pm

I guess we're gonna find out.

White women in the US have to be one of the most dangerous demographics to BIPOC, especially men. They can weaponize their (perceived) distress very quickly and very effectively to bring men (often white) to their aid. We've seen that play out throughout the 19th and 20th centuries into this one. To devastating consequence. That's what makes Amy Cooper so dangerous, as you pointed out. This farcical decision is going to get a BIPOC man killed in the future. It's a certainty.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:50 am

https://www.dailywire.com/news/boston-public-schools-will-suspend-advanced-classes-because-too-many-students-in-them-are-white-or-asian

The school district analyzed the demographics of the program and found that “more than 70 percent of students enrolled in the program were white and Asian, even though nearly 80 percent of all Boston public school students are Hispanic and Black,” GBH reported.

The program was open to all students in the Boston Public Schools who took a test known as Terra Nova in the third grade and received a high score. Those students were placed in a lottery conducted by the central administration office, and lottery winners received letters inviting them to apply to the program.

The suspension of the program comes as schools across the country have begun teaching radical critical race theory, creating more classes insisting white supremacy can be found everywhere and denouncing merit-based systems as racist.

great future lies ahead for america if they're scrapping anything "merit based" rofl That sounds... counter-productive.

@Young Kaz ?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:37 pm

I don't believe in merit/money unlocking the higher stages of education. USA school system is very fucked up for me as canadian. All children should have access to advanced class as long as they have intellectual capacity to follow them. The entry test should be a qualifier not a contest lol.

This comes out as levelling from the bottom because academic authority is afraid of public opinion. Now at least the crazy liberal sphere of influence will leave them alone. However there are reasons for such disparity and cancelling the whole thing prevents from having to explain them Wink
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:45 pm

Myesyats wrote:https://www.dailywire.com/news/boston-public-schools-will-suspend-advanced-classes-because-too-many-students-in-them-are-white-or-asian

The school district analyzed the demographics of the program and found that “more than 70 percent of students enrolled in the program were white and Asian, even though nearly 80 percent of all Boston public school students are Hispanic and Black,” GBH reported.

The program was open to all students in the Boston Public Schools who took a test known as Terra Nova in the third grade and received a high score. Those students were placed in a lottery conducted by the central administration office, and lottery winners received letters inviting them to apply to the program.

The suspension of the program comes as schools across the country have begun teaching radical critical race theory, creating more classes insisting white supremacy can be found everywhere and denouncing merit-based systems as racist.

great future lies ahead for america if they're scrapping anything "merit based" rofl That sounds... counter-productive.

@Young Kaz ?

The advance class system in American public schools have HISTORICALLY been racist. Kids were placed in them based on stereotypes. My sister had no business being the AP classes they put her in, but they did because there was an expectation on Asians in 2000s Georgia Public schools. It isnt merit based if Boston is anything like Metro Atlanta.

Im just glad this will give the Chinese in MA something to worry about instead of getting in cars and coming down to New York to campaign for murderers like Peter Liang ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Zlatan, who recently was outed as being a racist for making racial voodoo stereotypes to Congolese descended Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli in the middle of their workplace, now has his sights set on Lebron who has used his influence to speak up for marginalized groups in this country and worldwide.

Lebron replies:

Lebron is a true American hero, and someone all kids should look up to as a hero. A true voice of the people.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 pm

not sure what manbaby Zlatan is on about these days 🚮 🚮 🚮
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:14 pm

El Gunner wrote:not sure what manbaby Zlatan is on about these days 🚮 🚮 🚮

We call it punching down.

Zlatan no doubt experienced racism growing up, but he was able to take solace in the fact that "I am not black" so its something he has held on to and in his older age the veneer of this slowly erodes.

What we have to understand is that White Supremacy is endemic worldwide, and the system which many live by.

Zlatan sounds no different from White supremacists here:

When you see the system you begin to learn how to combat the system. Zlatan is already forgotten in Los Angeles. Lebron will be royalty in LA forever.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:06 pm

Young Kaz wrote:Zlatan, who recently was outed as being a racist for making racial voodoo stereotypes to Congolese descended Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli in the middle of their workplace, now has his sights set on Lebron who has used his influence to speak up for marginalized groups in this country and worldwide.

Lebron replies:

Lebron is a true American hero, and someone all kids should look up to as a hero. A true voice of the people.

True heroics in display here:

"I only care about human rights when it applies to people like me, but when it gets in the way of my money idgaf" Rolling Eyes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:11 pm

I've been hearing a bit about places doing away with their advanced classes. I'm not sure what they are replacing them with, so I hesitate to offer a full assessment on the situation.

Obviously if they aren't being replaced with classes of a similar challenge (although perhaps more equitable?) then it's bullshit.

However, there are definitely issues. For one, the most impressive teachers get assigned the honors courses which leaves less impressive teachers to the "regular" classes. Another is that when you track out high achieving students, you take away from the ability of students of different skill levels to cooperate, teach each other, and collaborate. This raises the level of all students. When you track out high achieving students you also proportionally make disruptive students a larger % of the classroom, which can make the learning environment more difficult.

The problem is, I've got students in my chemistry who might fly through the material we're working on in 20 minutes. Material that might take another student in the class 60+ minutes.

Differentiation is an issue that is extremely difficult and can very easily become implicitly racist. I love that people are having this discussion. I don't think the solution would be to get rid of challenging classes that appropriately satisfy students who learn above their grade level. It is not a small number of kids who take these classes.

I should note that the daily wire is garbage and that article was...not a good one. Still, I have heard of these discussions occurring.

With that being said, one should also note that there is a strong, strong, strong minority of schools who are considering changes like this. This is not a full on discourse in education right now. I kinda wish it was though.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:Zlatan, who recently was outed as being a racist for making racial voodoo stereotypes to Congolese descended Romelu Menama Lukaku Bolingoli in the middle of their workplace, now has his sights set on Lebron who has used his influence to speak up for marginalized groups in this country and worldwide.

Lebron replies:

True heroics in display here:

"I only care about human rights when it applies to people like me, but when it gets in the way of my money idgaf" Rolling Eyes

He's correct there. Morey was wrong to speak about China and Hong Kong. The NBA agreed with him btw.

Lets be real People in hong kong want black people to speak up for them when its convenient, but when they have had the opportunity to do the bare minimum for black people....hell even mainland chinese people living there they have failed at EVERY single turn. A sad city full of white worshipping disgrasians who even get their water from the very people they look down upon. Lebron doesnt owe them shit.

NEVER FORGET Hong Kong loved apartheid South Africa so much that they went even against their own masters in the UK to continue trade with them(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong%E2%80%93South_Africa_relations#Under_apartheid). That is the sickness endemic to that city. As Mandela lay in Jail, being tortured, Hong Kong kept giving them that sweet money. The blood of Steve Biko is on THEIR hands. The sweetest feeling was watching our Athletes laugh in their face, as they marched against the People's republic with Trump hats on. What a joke. Black people dont owe them shit.

A top 10 moment in human history will be when we can all walk down Queens Rd in Hong Kong, look up, and see the beautiful, illustrious, magnificent, glorious, resplendent red flag with 5 golden stars. Ya allah what a day.

Lets throw it out there. @mclewis. African Americans make up the economic base of Chinese American businesses in the United States. Including Hong Kong Americans. Has a Chinese American star EVER advocated for the black community? Have they EVER put themselves on the line for people who look like you? Have they EVER been on the forefront of social protests or justice issues for your community? We both know the answer to this.

Andrew Yang sat his no neck ass in New York FOR DECADES as crime against African American and Latino brothers and sisters was rampant. What does he open that mouth of his for?

Talking about "Our birth rate" in terms of white heroin junkies offing themselves and this:

They wont stand up for you, but expect you to put yourself on the line for them. Its a simple fact, and I wish it wasnt true, but it is. They'll stand up for what matters to them though, and thats defending garbage who murder innocent black people like Peter Liang.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:05 pm

CBarca wrote:I should note that the daily wire is garbage and that article was...not a good one. Still, I have heard of these discussions occurring.
https://www.wgbh.org/news/education/2021/02/26/citing-racial-inequities-boston-public-schools-suspend-advanced-learning-classes

perhaps this is a better source
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:08 pm

Young Kaz wrote:The advance class system in American public schools have HISTORICALLY been racist. Kids were placed in them based on stereotypes. My sister had no business being the AP classes they put her in, but they did because there was an expectation on Asians in 2000s Georgia Public schools. It isnt merit based if Boston is anything like Metro Atlanta

How is it not merit based? Everyone gets the same test and whoever scores highest gets the invitation. Am I missing the racial part here? seems like a standard test. Your sister must've gotten a high score, why would it be racist against hispanics but not asians for example?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 pm

Young Kaz wrote:He's correct there. Morey was wrong to speak about China and Hong Kong. The NBA agreed with him btw.

Lets be real People in hong kong want black people to speak up for them when its convenient, but when they have had the opportunity to do the bare minimum for black people....hell even mainland chinese people living there they have failed at EVERY single turn. A sad city full of white worshipping disgrasians who even get their water from the very people they look down upon. Lebron doesnt owe them shit.

NEVER FORGET Hong Kong loved apartheid South Africa so much that they went even against their own masters in the UK to continue trade with them(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong%E2%80%93South_Africa_relations#Under_apartheid). That is the sickness endemic to that city. As Mandela lay in Jail, being tortured, Hong Kong kept giving them that sweet money. The blood of Steve Biko is on THEIR hands. The sweetest feeling was watching our Athletes laugh in their face, as they marched against the People's republic with Trump hats on. What a joke. Black people dont owe them shit.

A top 10 moment in human history will be when we can all walk down Queens Rd in Hong Kong, look up, and see the beautiful, illustrious, magnificent, glorious, resplendent red flag with 5 golden stars. Ya allah what a day.

Lets throw it out there. @mclewis. African Americans make up the economic base of Chinese American businesses in the United States. Including Hong Kong Americans. Has a Chinese American star EVER advocated for the black community? Have they EVER put themselves on the line for people who look like you? Have they EVER been on the forefront of social protests or justice issues for your community? We both know the answer to this.

Andrew Yang sat his no neck ass in New York FOR DECADES as crime against African American and Latino brothers and sisters was rampant. What does he open that mouth of his for?

Talking about "Our birth rate" in terms of white heroin junkies offing themselves and this:

They wont stand up for you, but expect you to put yourself on the line for them. Its a simple fact, and I wish it wasnt true, but it is. They'll stand up for what matters to them though, and thats defending garbage who murder innocent black people like Peter Liang.

Do you have anything to offer other than "what about this" arguments? Who cares what chinese people say about the struggles of black people in america, is he only allowed to empathize with them or recognize when something is unjust if they first make a token measure of support?

All that matters is that he parades himself as a supporter of rights in the US saying things like "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere", but when his own conflicts of interest are highlighted he says bullshit like "freedom of speech is dangerous" and lines his pockets. Peak of hypocrisy.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:57 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:The advance class system in American public schools have HISTORICALLY been racist. Kids were placed in them based on stereotypes. My sister had no business being the AP classes they put her in, but they did because there was an expectation on Asians in 2000s Georgia Public schools. It isnt merit based if Boston is anything like Metro Atlanta

How is it not merit based? Everyone gets the same test and whoever scores highest gets the invitation. Am I missing the racial part here? seems like a standard test. Your sister must've gotten a high score, why would it be racist against hispanics but not asians for example?

She was placed in them by teachers. She didnt test in them, and in a lot of cases kids were hand picked to be in these courses. Aka we want to place the Asians in here to keep them away from classes where my kids are and get rid of the competition.

These advanced classes in many cases served as a way of keeping the nerds and people of "other" status from overrunning the "normal" kids. Ive said before they would even move us during exams. To stop kids from cheating was the idea but they'd move asians who were nowhere near the top of class during test like my sister. It was all stereotype and "othering"

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:He's correct there. Morey was wrong to speak about China and Hong Kong. The NBA agreed with him btw.

Do you have anything to offer other than "what about this" arguments? Who cares what chinese people say about the struggles of black people in america, is he only allowed to empathize with them or recognize when something is unjust if they first make a token measure of support?

All that matters is that he parades himself as a supporter of rights in the US saying things like "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere", but when his own conflicts of interest are highlighted he says bullshit like "freedom of speech is dangerous" and lines his pockets. Peak of hypocrisy.

I care because these people look like me and are considered part of my community. When they fuck up it makes ME look bad. ABC people are always trying to hold this shit against Lebron when not a single Chinese star on his level has EVER EVER EVER spoken up for black people despite the fact black americans getting their asses kicked opened up the door for them to be here. Not a single hong konger of note EVER EVER EVER has came out vociferously speaking against the racism on their island against black people there.For thanks of this damn near one sided relationship we have people trying to shame one of the best people in public light today, for speaking up for his people and not a community who has NEVER returned even the slightest bit of respect to this group. Just keeping it 100 here.

Lebron isnt any less of a champion for human rights for not going to bat for a bunch of red cap wearing racist ass apartheid supporting SECESSIONIST. If Hong Kong gave a damn about black people when it wasnt a black star then they'd speak out against the abuse their black people suffered under the "Good times" with white mommy and daddy.

Lebron is a true American gem and hero. History will remember him as such.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:05 am

What I find weird is your championing of certain individuals at the same time as your willingness to absolutely tear down other individuals and never give them a second chance.

Why can't we admit that people like LeBron or Bernie are complicated people who have good in them but also humans who make mistakes, say ignorant things sometimes, act in their own self interest, and occasionally give into their own "vices", so to speak. These same people could very well be amazing people who are a net positive for the world and for America.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next