BarrileteCosmico
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Antoine Griezmann - Page 2 Empty Re: Antoine Griezmann

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:07 pm

Boo'ed upon arrival to training.

"Messi left because of you".

Not his biggest fan at all, in fact one of his biggest detractors, but that is harsh.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:01 pm

No idea why fans blaming him for Messi leaving? News still continuing, but clearly the Barca financial situation is dire.

Oh well, so sad, but now it seems Griezmann would be central to things in the team now? He will be largely entrusted with the burden of creating chances. Obviously nobody is close to Messi, so he will have to do it together with everyone else in the team.

Interesting now lets see how Barca does in the new season without Messi :*(

Lets see if Alex is right, the team will be better without Messi looool....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:38 pm

Well, if you look at it practically. If Griezmann accepted a big enough paycut, or better yet, was sold, there would be more of a chance of Barca being able to keep Messi. Even if Messi stayed, he would be making less money this season than Griezmann apparently. So I guess this is where the anger comes from. Again, I think this is harsh but I guess thats the logic.

I hope Griezmann is not intrusted with anything however. I dont believe Messi leaving will have any impact on him, I just dont think its a tactical issue with him. He simply isnt good enough to be the technical leader of a team trying to be as dominant as Barca want. My prediction, Depay will outperform him.

Alex can speak for himself, but in principle I agree with him.

Will Barca be better this season without Messi? No. But even with him we did nothing, 3rd in the league and out in the CL at the first serious challenge. Without Messi, I predict a similar result.

But in the future, moving forward, I am sure we will be better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:11 pm

Yea I guess for the reset and rebuilding of the team or the eventual departure of Messi this had to happen sooner or later. I guess we can just treat it as such now, sooner better than later Razz

I dont buy those wages arguments, even if its Laporta, these ppl at the top of the sports world, just too many of them are greedy dirty ppl, I dont believe much of what they say, they will blame anything, but at the end of the days its just about how much money they can scam for themselves. Its clear there is a war between the big two clubs and Tebas, etc., and its just gone to this level now. I do believe the squad has taken pay cuts as we keep hearing, so this is not the only issues or even the deciding issue since this has been the case for a few years. I think its more about those power plays at the top meaning Laporta isnt able to do what he planned.

I read yesterday even Aston Villa broke the financial fair play? But they dont get penalized or mentioned. Many clubs overpay salaries and not adhere to the financial rules, but they choose now to enforce Barca? Its clearly more than just wages.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:16 am

The Franchise wrote:Boo'ed upon arrival to training.

Not his biggest fan at all, in fact one of his biggest detractors, but that is harsh.

Harsh yes. Wonder if that will force him to leave. I am not sure I want him to leave right now. He is a quality attacker and I think his performance will improve in the absence of Messi.
I hope Laporta uses this opportunity to force Griezmann to take a paycut. The message has to be loud and clear to all players currently in the squad and across Europe. The days of obscene wages and inordinate player power are over. Club above all, normal wages. If you cant fall in line, please leave or dont join.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:58 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Boo'ed upon arrival to training.

Harsh yes. Wonder if that will force him to leave. I am not sure I want him to leave right now. He is a quality attacker and I think his performance will improve in the absence of Messi.
I hope Laporta uses this opportunity to force Griezmann to take a paycut. The message has to be loud and clear to all players currently in the squad and across Europe. The days of obscene wages and inordinate player power are over. Club above all, normal wages. If you cant fall in line, please leave or dont join.

I don't think we will see a significant difference in Griezmann to be honest. IF it was up to me, I would be looking to get him out. i don't think he is capable of being the leader of a team who try and dominate games and be the protagonist. In fact, I am ready to predict, injuries aside, Depay will be more important than him this season.

I don't think he has many options to go so I think he will be staying.

Regardless, his wages are a joke so I agree.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:00 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Yea I guess for the reset and rebuilding of the team or the eventual departure of Messi this had to happen sooner or later. I guess we can just treat it as such now, sooner better than later Razz

I dont buy those wages arguments, even if its Laporta, these ppl at the top of the sports world, just too many of them are greedy dirty ppl, I dont believe much of what they say, they will blame anything, but at the end of the days its just about how much money they can scam for themselves. Its clear there is a war between the big two clubs and Tebas, etc., and its just gone to this level now. I do believe the squad has taken pay cuts as we keep hearing, so this is not the only issues or even the deciding issue since this has been the case for a few years. I think its more about those power plays at the top meaning Laporta isnt able to do what he planned.

I read yesterday even Aston Villa broke the financial fair play? But they dont get penalized or mentioned. Many clubs overpay salaries and not adhere to the financial rules, but they choose now to enforce Barca? Its clearly more than just wages.

I don't agree on this. This is most certainly about wages, even with Messi going, we have to signifanctly reduce wages. the club has incurred too many losses.

As for Aston Villa, I don't know the specifics, but I do know FFP is over a 3 year period and they have the potential of massive income just being in the premier league. The only teams I am sure are avoiding FFP by foul means are City and PSG.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2