Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
22 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by rincon Sat May 11, 2019 6:40 pm

KH 3's combat system is basically the same as KH2 but much more fluid. Downside was that they made KH3 too easy. Same combat system but more challenging and without so many summons/powers would be good. They made Sora a god basically.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Doc Sat May 11, 2019 7:26 pm

I thought I genuinely lost interest in this remake. From the ps3, to the ps4 and now the remake gonna be on the ps5, maybe, I don't know. A remake of a game I already played (and subsequently love).

But after playing ff15 and all the DLCs, I just want Square to just remake all their old stuff because I feel FF16 just gonna be underwhelming. Also, should have remade 5 and 6 instead of 7 but whatever. I'm not bias at all...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 11, 2019 10:19 pm

Thimmy wrote:I remember that materia. Some of the end-game bosses still ruined me. Ruby- something.. the dragon standing in the quicksand outside the theme park area kicked my ass so many times, although I was spamming the strongest abilities and summons. It was so satisfying when I managed to beat him, though. I hope those optional, end-game bosses are still in the game. Also, I'm really curious about how they'll introduce Vincent. I remember his introduction was such an odd part of the game, that it almost felt like it didn't belong in it. I loved Vincent, though. I'm really excited about the theme park, as well. I spent so much time playing those shitty arcade games and Chocobo racing Laughing

Ruby weapon and emerald weapon. Think both were optional and ridiculously hard. I can't remember if i actually faced ruby. I remember emerald weapon though.

Yea i hope they are still there along with the mini games. Not sure if you remember but there was a tower defence like mini game which used to get you prizes if you win it. made the entire world so purposeful and it rarely felt hollow/barren like many open world rpgs today

Vincent

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 11, 2019 11:36 pm

M99 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAgx7PROcMc

HYPE
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 11, 2019 11:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I remember that materia. Some of the end-game bosses still ruined me. Ruby- something.. the dragon standing in the quicksand outside the theme park area kicked my ass so many times, although I was spamming the strongest abilities and summons. It was so satisfying when I managed to beat him, though. I hope those optional, end-game bosses are still in the game. Also, I'm really curious about how they'll introduce Vincent. I remember his introduction was such an odd part of the game, that it almost felt like it didn't belong in it. I loved Vincent, though. I'm really excited about the theme park, as well. I spent so much time playing those shitty arcade games and Chocobo racing Laughing

Ruby weapon and emerald weapon. Think both were optional and ridiculously hard. I can't remember if i actually faced ruby. I remember emerald weapon though.

Yea i hope they are still there along with the mini games. Not sure if you remember but there was a tower defence like mini game which used to get you prizes if you win it. made the entire world so purposeful and it rarely felt hollow/barren like many open world rpgs today

Vincent

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I feel like a hipster for saying this, but the Japanese voices sound significantly less cringy, unnatural and out of place.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed May 15, 2019 12:59 am

https://kotaku.com/fans-are-concerned-about-barrets-voice-in-the-final-fan-1834678296

Maybe I'm just old school, but I don't mind the Mr. T- like voice. I'd personally prefer if the game wasn't fully voiced, though. I honestly think a lot of the charm in FF7 came from me having to imagine what the characters would look and sound like if they were real. Then again, I was in in middle school the first time I played it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu May 16, 2019 10:53 am

Between time-based, paradigm and open combat, whats your favourite battle system and I suppose preferred system for FF7 remake?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 16, 2019 11:54 am

silver wrote:Between time-based, paradigm and open combat, whats your favourite battle system and I suppose preferred system for FF7 remake?

I would prefer if they created something they haven't used in a past FF game. I wasn't a big fan of the "Paradigm shift" system, but all of those can potentially be good if they execute it properly. If they have to use something they've used before, I think I'd prefer something like what they used in FF 15's DLCs, where every character has a distinctive playing style that requires a specific input based on the weapon/shield, teleport, timing or accuracy or whatever. It keeps things from feeling stale, like they were in the base game.

A lot of people are saying that it looks the most similar to Kingdom Hearts 3's combat system, which makes sense since the same director, Tetsuya Nomura worked on both games.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 16, 2019 12:48 pm

I would do everything as it was in the original except newest graphics. That game was simply perfect as it was.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu May 16, 2019 1:20 pm

Latest Square Enix Financials Suggest FFVII Remake and Avengers Have Been Delayed from FY20 to FY21

https://wccftech.com/square-enix-financials-suggest-ffvii-remake-avengers-delayed/
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 16, 2019 3:02 pm

Everyone knows it won't come before 2025. And the only thing that will come in 2025 will be "Chapter I" where you only play Midgar. Chapter II as another standalone game will come in 2027 and so on.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 16, 2019 10:19 pm

silver wrote:Between time-based, paradigm and open combat, whats your favourite battle system and I suppose preferred system for FF7 remake?

turn based easily

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 16, 2019 10:21 pm

M99 wrote:Latest Square Enix Financials Suggest FFVII Remake and Avengers Have Been Delayed from FY20 to FY21

https://wccftech.com/square-enix-financials-suggest-ffvii-remake-avengers-delayed/

lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 pm

futbol wrote:I would do everything as it was in the original except newest graphics. That game was simply perfect as it was.

I agree, but it's a remake, not a remaster. They were never going to stay 100% true to the original formula. Considering the scope they're going for, there will probably be a lot of added content and changes from the original game that I'm sure will have mixed reactions.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 16, 2019 10:42 pm

wonder if they will keep the cloud cross dressing scene ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Turn based would be fine for me but I think I'm in a minority with that one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 16, 2019 11:00 pm

Doc wrote:Turn based would be fine for me but I think I'm in a minority with that one.

aren't we all minority

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Doc wrote:Turn based would be fine for me but I think I'm in a minority with that one.

aren't we all minority

When did turn based combat got such a bad name and those men who had such a disdain, how do they even sleep at night?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 16, 2019 11:43 pm

I thought I was in the minority that liked turn based. I remember hesitating a bit with recommending FF7 to RG because I thought he'd have issues with the turn based battle system and the dated graphics. The FF series has always been synonymous with turn based battle, for me. Obviously, Square Enix wants to appeal to as broad an audience as possible, and that's likely why the once popular franchise has turned into the increasingly shallow crap it is today. Come to think of it, style over substance is what I associate with modern FF games. It's not about the story anymore, and the direction they've taken with their characters is more akin to Tekken than the post PS3 games. Actually, I think their direction changed with FF X on PS2, already. It just wasn't as substantial in that game.

A guy named Hironobu Sakaguchi served a central role as producer and/or director in all of the Final Fantasy games on PS1 (1-9) before he left the Square that later became Square Enix. He was also the guy who pitched the original idea for Final Fantasy. His absence from the more modern games is one of the reasons why they are so different from the older ones. He went on to create a game called Lost Oddysey under his own company. It was an Xbox exclusive. Maybe I'll be able to play it on Sony and Xbox' super friendly, co-op, cloud service platform? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 24, 2019 11:50 pm

out of nowhere this song got stuck in my head and the nostalgia started flooding

linking to a remixed version for the higher prod value
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 25, 2019 12:02 am

Amazing how good the soundtrack has been for the FF games throughout history. Played FF4 a while back and even that had great soundtrack

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat May 25, 2019 12:22 am

nobuo uematsu is a genius
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat May 25, 2019 12:32 am

I remember falling asleep to FFX-2's mellow, main menu song. That was such a lame game. I think I liked the song more than anything else in that explosion of cringe.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 25, 2019 12:44 am

Had this song on repeat after i finished the game. Even better when you know the context.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 31, 2019 8:53 am

If the development goes smoothly this time, I'll consider getting it. If anything, it looks aesthetically pleasing, as always. I don't get Final Fantasy vibes from it at all, though, which is really odd. I don't know what to take from this Kojima-level confusion  hmm

edit: Comments claim it's an april's fool joke. I didn't hear about it until just recently. I suppose it wouldn't make sense for them to release something like this when E3 is so close.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:55 am

I'm playing FF13 again. I forgot how much I enjoyed the Paradigm system. Buffs, debuffs and defenders (Sentinels) actually make a huge difference.

They just needed to cut about 2 chapters from the first 9 to get to the interesting parts faster.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next