Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
rincon
RealGunner
Thimmy
22 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by silver Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:55 am

I'm playing FF13 again. I forgot how much I enjoyed the Paradigm system. Buffs, debuffs and defenders (Sentinels) actually make a huge difference.

They just needed to cut about 2 chapters from the first 9 to get to the interesting parts faster.

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Final Fantasy thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by Doc Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:31 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

out of nowhere this song got stuck in my head and the nostalgia started flooding

linking to a remixed version for the higher prod value

Gonna be honest, most of FF6 music was just great. Locke, Terra, Edgar, Celes themes, the Decisive battle, Aria De Mezzo Carattere, the damn opening theme and of course, the greatest FF boss battle music (and one of the best ever), Dancing Mad. Uematsu is a damn genius.

Also, ff9 had some lovely tunes as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:32 am

agreed ff9 has an underrated track

overall I find 9 underrated, liked it more than 8
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:46 am

9 honestly had me in my feels a lot, not like a little bitch sort of feels but it was delightful yet sad at the same time. The intro "A place to call home" really captured the spirit of the game, you know, characters that wanted to find some meaning of belonging.

Oh and Kuja was a pretty unique FF boss tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:47 am

7, 8 and 9 were all great games in each their respect, in my opinion. I've talked to a lot of people who seem to love one or two of them and hate another. They each had a different art style and atmosphere, which I really appreciated. The post Final Fantasy X games all had similar art styles and, in my opinion, relatively monotone atmospheres. I know I've said style over substance a lot, but really, although there definitely is a sense of creativity in the more modern FF games, the focus of the franchise has become so damn shallow over the years.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:13 pm

The only issue with 9 is that it was too easy and once you got through the main story, there wasn't much else to discover. Not even a super boss worth leveling for like with the Weapons in 7 and 8. Compare to 8 where you could spend tens of hours to find optional summons like Bahamut, Odin, Tombery, Doomtrain, Eden. The fact that you could even miss out on summons if you missed the draws against particular enemies. Optimizing the entire junction system. It was a game for adults. Then they made 9, a game for children in terms of difficulty and complexity. I still loved it though of course as the story was great.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:03 pm

I had no fking regrets in straight up abusing the junction system of 8 AND it still had some challenging bosses with it. I do miss the greatness of the single digit FFs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:25 am

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Combat looks worse with each trailer...

But there is nothing more nostalgic out there than the midgar ost man

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:54 pm

As someone who didn't really like the original i liked the gameplay demo.

But i suppose that's the point.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:01 pm

Its looks excellent. What they are doing with Midgar looks really great. Sad thing for me is just how much we'll have to wait for the the whole story. Starcraft 2 all over again.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:56 pm

Part 1 which is just Midgar is out in March. Apparently they need two Blu Ray discs for that alone.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Am i the only one who thinks Midgar was terrible? The game after leaving Midgard and exploring the world was so much fucking better
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Kaladin wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Midgar was terrible? The game after leaving Midgard and exploring the world was so much fucking better

fully agreed

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Kaladin wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Midgar was terrible? The game after leaving Midgard and exploring the world was so much fucking better

I agree. As for the combat, I would've preferred a proper remaster over a remake. I thought the combat looked better in the new trailers, compared to the old ones, which showed very little. For what it is, which is something that I struggle to associate with the original FF7, it looks alright. It might even turn out to be quite good, for all I know. I've come to terms with the likely reality that the game will be loosely based on the original game. I remember reading somewhere that each chapter or episode will be as large as a full game, and if that's true, they'll have to add a lot of content. I can't imagine that this game will have the same level of charm as the original. That just doesn't seem to be what they're going for.

The tactical aspect, the combat system that supposedly compliments different playing styles, and the details they mentioned in the presentation, actually look interesting. I do appreciate that they added visible materia sockets to weapons, for instance.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:04 pm

-Tifa's eyes are red and perfect. They've nailed her perfectly.
-Aerith looks decent too. I want to see how they handle her summons in particular. When she would summon her eyes would remain present for a split second afterwards with an overshadow of her body. That is one of the more iconic stylistic images from the original and I would hope they are able to incorporate that.
-Barrett's hair is too straight. The picture in the original clearly shows an afro-textured high top fade, not a straight high top fade. They need to redo it.
-Too much Jesse, not enough Wedge in the trailer. Where is the fat man.He connects with cloud more than Jesse does. She just flirts with him, but wedge actually discusses life with him and foreshadows what Cloud really is.
-Heidegger Looks damn good. Exactly how he should.
-Air Buster looks good. I dont think the fight works unless its huge and separating them. Obviously this is difficulty with the new fight mechanics....but not impossible.
-Sephiroth sounds like your roommate trying to talk you into leaving before his girlfriend gets there so they can be alone. Awful.
-New battle system looks like dog shiite button mashing, but obviously that standing there and waiting isnt going to fly with these graphics and modern gamers.

Day 1.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Yeah, I would've preferred if there wasn't any voice acting at all, but that's just another one of those "modern gamer's requirements". I've lost count of how many times I've seen people on the internet point out that games are shit, or flawed, if they don't have voice acting.

New battle system seemed a bit more complex than simple button mashing, to me. Having to switch characters based on the situation and the strength and weaknesses of those characters, seems like an interesting concept, but I suppose we won't know how well it works until we've actually played it.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:39 pm

Thimmy wrote:Yeah, I would've preferred if there wasn't any voice acting at all, but that's just another one of those "modern gamer's requirements". I've lost count of how many times I've seen people on the internet point out that games are shit, or flawed, if they don't have voice acting.

New battle system seemed a bit more complex than simple button mashing, to me. Having to switch characters based on the situation and the strength and weaknesses of those characters, seems like an interesting concept, but I suppose we won't know how well it works until we've actually played it.

It looks good(visually at least) but I dont see how anybody can watch the battle with Guard Scorpion, and not think button mashing. Hell, one it goes on the wall you dont even see a menu pop up before Barrett is spam shooting it Laughing

I actually like all the voices so far except Sephiroth. These old games will always run into trouble with original fans with voices though because the voices chosen will never exactly sound like the way you imagine in your head.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Yeah, I would've preferred if there wasn't any voice acting at all, but that's just another one of those "modern gamer's requirements". I've lost count of how many times I've seen people on the internet point out that games are shit, or flawed, if they don't have voice acting.

These old games will always run into trouble with original fans with voices though because the voices chosen will never exactly sound like the way you imagine in your head.

My problem with voice acting in a lot of fantasy games, in general, is that the voice actors, more often than not, don't sound natural at all. American voiceactors tend to sound like they think they're in the Dragonball universe, and British voice actors tend to sound like they're doing a theatre play. It's like they try too hard to sound immersive, and ironically, I think it ruins the immersiveness. I realize that it will never actually sound the way people imagine it in their heads, but all I expect is that they sound somewhat natural. Often times, they don't. Sepiroth just sounds like the voice actor was told to try and sound creepy.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

These old games will always run into trouble with original fans with voices though because the voices chosen will never exactly sound like the way you imagine in your head.

My problem with voice acting in a lot of fantasy games, in general, is that the voice actors, more often than not, don't sound natural at all. American voiceactors tend to sound like they think they're in the Dragonball universe, and British voice actors tend to sound like they're doing a theatre play. It's like they try too hard to sound immersive, and ironically, I think it ruins the immersiveness. I realize that it will never actually sound the way people imagine it in their heads, but all I expect is that they sound somewhat natural. Often times, they don't. Sepiroth just sounds like the voice actor was told to try and sound creepy.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You just summed up Sephrioth's voice perfectly haha

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:46 pm

M99 wrote:

If they are separating it up then I have 0 faith they actually finish this.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:58 pm

They won't. This game was announced in 2015 if I remember correctly. So by 2020 they will release a game which was about 6 hours of the original game. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:32 pm

Its gonna bomb either way, the game is being catered to Tifa cucks. Might sell well, but ratings will speak for their own. 6.5-7
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:23 pm

war of the visions though Thumbs up
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Kaladin wrote:Its gonna bomb either way, the game is being catered to Tifa cucks. Might sell well, but ratings will speak for their own. 6.5-7

And the first one wasnt?

This was sexual guys.

Along with her ending animation being her sticking her bosom to the sky(you).

This has always been the Tifa show. Everyone else is just here for the ride Proud

Spoiler:

Molenation Molenation

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next