rincon
Kaladin
Glory
McAgger
BarrileteCosmico
38 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 3 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr - 17:01

Ffs lads made it

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 3 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 9 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr - 17:13

Lmfao wtf is ghost going to do? Does he have valayrian teeth?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr - 17:14

RIP ghost
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 28 Apr - 17:25

Finally a book reader after the first 25 minutes of this episode.

Could barely see anything so it felt like an audio book with sound effects
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr - 17:49

Can’t see wtf is going on half the time lmao.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr - 17:52

That lyanna scene tho
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr - 18:08

Holy shit lmfaoooo

That smile by main man night king ffs

Fire doesn’t do shit to him
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 28 Apr - 18:21

What a fucking finish.

Theon Molenation

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 28 Apr - 18:21

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 28 Apr - 18:22

Freeza wrote:

For reference

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 28 Apr - 18:33

Jesus Christ

Theon Sad

Arya :bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 28 Apr - 18:40

Theon's a shitbag irregardless of his attempted redemption arc

did not see Arya taking down the Night King at all

kinda ridiculous not that many of the main characters died but eh, solid episode overall, towards the end I kept thinking they would leave us hanging until next week

RIP Jorah
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 28 Apr - 18:40

So nice to relax. Was on the edge of my seat for 1.5 hours. The episode had a lot of great moments, feel like the end might cause some hate though (although plenty of people predicted it too), but overall I'm pretty satisfied. The score was great.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 28 Apr - 18:43

Freeza wrote:Finally a book reader after the first 25 minutes of this episode.

Could barely see anything so it felt like an audio book with sound effects

forreal

that's one way to save on budget I guess lmao
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 28 Apr - 18:50

Cast have absurd plot-armour for the most part. Arya killing Night King in that manner was trash.

Glad we can finally move on from this Whitewalker shit-fest and onto what's always been the more interesting stuff; showdown with Cersei

wonder what twists await there because Jon and Dany's forces are RIP
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 28 Apr - 18:56

There's obviously going to be some sort of pay-off with Arya's faceswapping.

Most obvious thing would be Jaime dying a heroic death and her using his face to kill Cersei.

Don't really know what other face could be used for something like that.

Then there's the parentage stuff we need a pay-off with.

___

I thought a fine amount of characters died today.

We still got 4 hours left, and if more had died we would've barely had any bodies left.

Melissandre really pulling off an incredible comeback.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 28 Apr - 18:57

Most obvious thing would be Jaime dying a heroic death and her using his face to kill Cersei.

I thought this too but after Arya saved the day here? I don't see it
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 28 Apr - 19:01

Firenze wrote:

I thought this too but after Arya saved the day here? I don't see it

It might not be for killing. But maybe it can be used as a Trojan Horse?

Feel like it’s a shame if it’s only been used to kill Frey
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 28 Apr - 19:17

I think it's interesting in the post-show talk D&D said "we've known about Arya killing the NK for 3 years" so I feel like this must be what GRRM has in mind too (as he was the one to probably inform them).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 28 Apr - 19:25

Glory wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I just hope The Night's king isn't just a generic bad guy trying to turn the entire westeros into his army. That would be awful.

With the way he has been eyeing jon, carefully manipulating Daenerys (possibly?) into bringing her dragons so he can steal one and then the entire Bran affair. It really looks like he has a reason to do all of this.

Exactly, a satisfying backstory and explanation to the Night King and his objectives is a main plotline that I want to be answered this season.

This. Dont have big expectations or anything (why would, lol with so less screen time remaining for the show to end). But I want to see at least a bare minimum effort put in by the creators in the remaining NK arc. Please dont make them some brainless evildoers who kill for sake of killing. Give them a  purpose to live for ffs. Them revealing that weird pattern again is a good start. More of it please.

So you guys feeling disappointed? There were a few others who were saying things like this too.

As per usual, Rincon and I were right, NK's backstory and motivations were already provided coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 28 Apr - 19:32

I was a bit disappointed to be honest. Everything was fine up until the anime-esque ending. 7.5 outta 10. Maybe a 7.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sun 28 Apr - 23:37

I'm more disappointed in myself. I can't believe I allowed myself to get hyped up for this.

It wasn't a bad episode by any means. I just thought they had something better planned.

I was hoping the battle against the Night King would be the grand finale in the last episode. They've been building them up since the very beginning of the show. They're supposed to be an unstoppable army, and it all ends with Arya's 50-foot leap bullshit. Everything now feels less urgent, less important. A little bit like an epilogue. The main threat has been dealt with, here's what happened next...

That leap is right up there with "twenty good men". Then you have Dany losing her ride because she was distracted by Jon running away. And is there any reason why you'd split your army and send the Dothraki charging in like that?

Also, I downloaded a 5 GB torrent and still couldn't see shit. Next time I'll just get the 240P version.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 29 Apr - 0:38

What an apt choice for my avatar :bow:

One of the greatest episodes of all time, holy shit! I expected more main characters to die if I‘m honest but I guess there‘s still time ö.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon 29 Apr - 0:51

Really dislike Sam, survived the whole battle by just lying on the ground and had Edd killed. Didn‘t even have the decency to burn him like he wanted smh.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 29 Apr - 0:52

Kinda disappointed since the NK seemed unbreakable yet Arya managed to jump to him while he was surrounded by his army lmao he must have known she was coming. Maybe he was shook by Bran's presence but still. Again though, all the cash that was spent on CGI for this could surely end world hunger.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon 29 Apr - 1:03

Unless Dany's iron throne in ice vision is yet to fulfill itself and the NK isnt actually finished.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next